Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
larryinlc
Angry Packer Fan

First Name: Larry
Trading: (15)
larryinlc has disabled reputation
Default Cheese

I'll admit it, I'm a cheese fanatic. Not the packaged processed stuff in cello either. This is my current favorite. Havarti Cheese with Horseradish and Chive So much horseradish that it gets right up there in the nose where it belongs. And, the http://www.wisconsincheesemart.com/ is a great place to try all that Wisconsin has to offer. I'm not advertising. I use this place to get my cheese fix.

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1341HavartiHorseRadish2.jpg (8.7 KB, 222 views)
larryinlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
benedic08
Bob's great grandson

First Name: Benedic
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
benedic08 has a spectacular aura aboutbenedic08 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cheese

hmmm... Cheese... Im not really into cheese but there are two cheeses that drive me crazy.. Stilton Blue cheese and the Kerrygold Dubliner cheese! Omnomnomnom...
benedic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Cheese is my kryptonite. I eat way too much of it. Some of my faves are Stitchelton Blue (raw milk blue in the style of Stilton), Zingermann's Lincoln Log (nice goat's milk) and of course true Parmasean.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #4
BC-Axeman

True Parmesan and really sharp cheddar cheeses sliced thin on crackers are my weakness. It's hard being a lactose intolerant cheese lover.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

i love really sharp cheddar
Old 03-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
True Parmesan and really sharp cheddar cheeses sliced thin on crackers are my weakness. It's hard being a lactose intolerant cheese lover.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #7
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

10 yr. old white cheddar. yummmmm.

Am enjoying some thinly sliced Asiago w/ a glass of Von Stiehl Lakeshore Fume - exquisite.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Love Chimay's cheese. Stinky, soft, nommy cheese that goes good with Belgian beers...those are my favorite.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
CoreyD
Licking my wounds

First Name: Corey
Trading: (23)
LGC
CoreyD has a spectacular aura aboutCoreyD has a spectacular aura about

Ty for the post ,even though I can go to the super market and get it in wi, I see a place to help me do some cheese bombs..... they even freeze gel pack the cheese for warmer months. I got 2 packages going out in the next month may have to coordinate with this place to ship at same time.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #10
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Used to love stopping at this place in Kenosha : http://marscheese.com/. Big fan of their cheddar cheese curds.

I like me some spicy colby jack, blue cheese crumbles and Havarti dill
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
Generalissimo
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Simon
Trading: (0)
Cohiba Army (Retired)
Generalissimo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
10 yr. old white cheddar. yummmmm.

Am enjoying some thinly sliced Asiago w/ a glass of Von Stiehl Lakeshore Fume - exquisite.
Where do you get 10 y/o? I am very keen on the 7 y/o English Cheddar that I have been getting recently. I would love to try a 10.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Yes, turophile over here!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #13
slickster81
Ein weiteres Bier bitte

First Name: John
Trading: (30)
Partagas
slickster81 will become famous soon enough

For me Gouda is my all time favorite cheese. Wish I lived in the land of The Tulip Twins!

However, I like a good, well aged, gorgonzola.....nice and soft, on some real Italian bread. Ant here is a cheese shop just off I-75 Pinconning exit that sometimes has a 12 year old cheddar that is simply to die for....a firm texture that melts in the mouth, and flavor that will not quit.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #14
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Argh, last night I had one of my first bad cheese experiences. There is a place here in town I call El Supermercado,
because it's a HUGE store that carries everything latins want, and every kind of asian 'delight' as well.
Everything but American, lol. I was looking for butter the other day, not a stick. wtf? But I digress.
I have taken to buying big mailbox sized (paper box actually) blocks of "plain cheese". It is a white cross between
meunster and mozzerella, I guess. It's always great. I broke into a new block last night and it tasted like a salt lick.
It freaked me out it was so salty. I am not sure if it was a bad batch or what. I am apprehensive about taking it back
and trying to convince the owner he needs to give me a new 15 dollar block. He seems old school Viet. Not taken to
listening to gringo complaints. Usually this cheese is saltier than mozzerella but still very light and delicious. YIKES.
Not this block. Choked some down last night on some tostada melts.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote