Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #121
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Official 2012 NFL Draft Talk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo View Post
I honestly haven't watched enough film of Brockers to make an informed opinion. I have just seen some projections that have him going high.
He's incredibly raw (just a RSS) and the team that drafts him is going to have to be patient.
Quote:
If blackmon is drafted by Cleveland maybe Claiborne will fall to 6. That's the best case scenario IMO. I think Claiborne is the 3rd best prospect in this class.
Better than one of Luck/RGIII/Kalil? You're the first person I've heard say that.

The draft could easily fall Luck/RGIII/Kalil/Blackmon/Claiborne. Who do the Rams take then? Personally, I think there's a significant dropoff after the top six guys.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #122
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

The one game I watched Griffin live he was terrible. Baylor didn't score till late in the 4th quarter against a pretty average OSU defense. I like Luck #1 Kalil #2 Claiborne #3. Hell I could be wrong about RG3; however, I just don't think he is the 2nd best prospect in the draft. He is a tremendous athlete but QB is the hardest position in sports to play.

I was wrong about Newton last year and I'll be wrong again sooner than later.
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #123
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I have to admit, and it's based on nothing more than conjecture, but I think RGIII running Shanahan's offense will be a force. Elway and Plummer were deadly with those bootlegs; can you imagine someone with RGIII's ability running them?
I sure can. So much so that I'm willing to suffer through Directv. I want to see this kid develop. I feel robbed that I didn't get to see Cam Newton this year.
I told Weeze we can go into a football coma if we get Directv and she was all aboard immediately. She was just kinda pissed that I put up the HD antenna and went through all that crap and spent all that money for nothing. Fortunately I can still use it somewhere in the house. I just need to fix it.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #124
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

RG3? Once again I am an excited Redskins fan, usually followed shortly by disappointment.
I have high hopes, but don't watch college ball to have an opinion other than what I am told about this kid.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #125
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
The one game I watched Griffin live he was terrible. Baylor didn't score till late in the 4th quarter against a pretty average OSU defense. I like Luck #1 Kalil #2 Claiborne #3. Hell I could be wrong about RG3; however, I just don't think he is the 2nd best prospect in the draft. He is a tremendous athlete but QB is the hardest position in sports to play.
And that's fair. For some reason OK St. had his number both seasons (both played in Stillwater).
Quote:
I was wrong about Newton last year and I'll be wrong again sooner than later.
Nobody thought he'd be able to do what he did last year. I'll be the first to stand in line and take my helping of crow on Newton. I didn't think he'd amount to much; there were just so many things working against him.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #126
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

There was talk yesterday that Washington's trade for RG3 will be disallowed as part of Dan Snyder's punishment for taking advantage of the no-cap period when the CBA expired.
As it goes, Snyder was warned repeatedly to quit being a dick and he chose to do whatever he wanted. Now he's gonna pay the piper.
I'm excited to see how this story develops. It'll have to develop quickly with the draft coming, but as of yet, no official punishment has been levied that I'm aware of. I've been out of the loop for a couple days, so I'll have to check up on it.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #127
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Holmgren got on the radio last night and said "it wouldn't be fair to Colt, he's our boy, etc.".
He finally iced the cake on what I've been saying all along, no qb for the Browns. They did make an overture, but let that die on the vine. They let the Skins close the draft spot trade deal without even talking to the Rams about the proposal they sent, or trying to counter. It must have been a really crappy offer is all I can figure.
If this Snyder trade is disallowed (based on no cap room, as in they are currently over max), maybe Holmgren eats his words and tries again?
Maybe Snyder can sue the Skins fans again and try to get some cap room?
This is such a wonderful soap opera.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #128
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Whos watching?
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #129
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
Whos watching?
I have been but it's gonna be kinda boring now that the 2nd pick is over. Haha
Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #130
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

What is??? Is there something going on tonight???
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #131
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

GO RAMS!!! I'm pumped about the trade! I'm praying Michael Floyd falls to 14.
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #132
smitty81
Have My Own Room

na, I'll keep watching to see if Nebraska's Lavante David can make the first round. So far the mock draft has been way off.

Also gotta watch to see the Chiefs and Lions picks since my Raiders pissed their picks away.

Last edited by smitty81; 04-26-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #133
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
GO RAMS!!! I'm pumped about the trade! I'm praying Michael Floyd falls to 14.
Rams will pick Michael Brockers.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #134
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Brandon Weeden to the Browns...............didn't see that one coming.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #135
Bleez
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bleez
Trading: (26)
SCdlH
Bleez will become famous soon enough

Pumped about the Jags getting Blackmon!!!
Bleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #136
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleez View Post
Pumped about the Jags getting Blackmon!!!
I like Blackmon, He reminds me of Randy Moss in ways.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM   #137
Bleez
Feeling at Home

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
I like Blackmon, He reminds me of Randy Moss in ways.
If he plays like the Real Randy Moss thatll be great. As long as he shows more maturity.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #138
Bleez
Feeling at Home

SCdlH

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Holmgren got on the radio last night and said "it wouldn't be fair to Colt, he's our boy, etc.".
He finally iced the cake on what I've been saying all along, no qb for the Browns. They did make an overture, but let that die on the vine. They let the Skins close the draft spot trade deal without even talking to the Rams about the proposal they sent, or trying to counter. It must have been a really crappy offer is all I can figure.
If this Snyder trade is disallowed (based on no cap room, as in they are currently over max), maybe Holmgren eats his words and tries again?
Maybe Snyder can sue the Skins fans again and try to get some cap room?
This is such a wonderful soap opera.
Interesting that they took Weedon. I hope TR3 serves the Browns well.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #139
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I never even considered Weeden going to the Browns for about umpteen reasons. I think they really may have done well with him, if only to have a future maybe on the bench.
I can see him playing real soon, it's his job to take. The whole deal just makes the Browns a better team, if only by raising the level of competition.
I was floored and disgusted with the Trent Richardson pick, but Stephen assures me he's the real deal.
I think Miami is happy with Tanehill, and Minnesota has to be ecstatic about Kalil.
I'm looking forward to the Browns getting better so they can become a decent ball club, that way when my Steelers crush them, I can thoroughly enjoy the pain in these Browns fans eyes. That's cruel, isn't it? I'm gonna love it.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #140
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

There were three (realistic) guys that I wanted for Green Bay. Luckily for me (and the Packers) the final name on the list is who they called at the podium (Nick Perry). As much as it pains me to say, I really liked the move the Cowboys made to nab Claiborne. This offseason they went from having a bad secondary to having a pretty good one (Carr/Claiborne).