Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro no.2

The La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro is a new blend by Litto Gomez. The cigars, made with Dominican and Nicaraguan filler, a Dominican Sumatra binder and a Ligero Sumatra wrapper from Ecuador come in four different sizes. The cigars are releases twice a year in boxes of 50 cigars. I got two different sizes when I met Litto Gomez a few weeks ago. When you hear No.2 you might think this is a torpedo, but it is not. It is a 4½x48 parejo.

The wrapper is dark and coarse with a few veins. It is quite oily too and I smell a strong barnyard smell. The construction is quite hard but the predraw is fine. I taste tobacco with both a sweetness and something acidic.

I taste a mild bitter coffee flavor with some earthy tones and wood. After a quarter of an inch I taste wood with citrus. After an inch I taste wood with herbs, chocolate and a tiny bit of citrus in the aftertaste

Halfway I taste wood with a little more citrus than before, a mild sweetness and some green herbs. The aftertaste is mild spicy. After two thirds I taste less citrus and more herbs. The aftertaste is herbal

This cigar lasted me for an hour and twenty minutes. The draw was great. The smoke started out a bit thing but it got better along the way. The pepper and salt colored ash is firm. The burn is fantastic. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied, but a bit boring.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might, I liked the flavors but the cigar was a bit boring

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 9 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10