Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future
Default Oven Issues

Need some help. I have a Whirlpool oven (model Rt377pxg) that is having issues. It is taking 15 minutes for the oven to get to temp, usually takes 6. Lower element comes on during bake and the upper comes on during bake. Any ideas out there???
Old 05-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oven Issues

Check your breaker. It should be a double pole 40amp. If one side of it is tripped it will either take a long time to heat up or not at all.
That or your elements may be on thier way out.
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

thanks bro, I will check the breakers when I get home.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

o noes! the mad baker thwarted by oven troubles!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
justonemorestick
Kat Krap Kontanment Media

First Name: Warren
Trading: (13)
justonemorestick is on a distinguished road

Also you should be able to check resistance of the elements if one is significantly different from the other then one is bad. I am assuming it is a electric I am too lazy to figure that one out. If it is gas check your orifices make sure they arnt clogged.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Did the Mad Baker tear that oven up Larry?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Need to get that fixed,,,,more rum cake!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #8
ArgusP2
It's Smokin' Time!

First Name: Angel
Trading: (13)
RA
ArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the roughArgusP2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemorestick View Post
...check your orifices make sure they arnt clogged.
ArgusP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:07 AM   #9
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre3239 View Post
thanks bro, I will check the breakers when I get home.
While bayratt COULD be right, surely, it is actually more likely to end up being the FUSE, the little
glass screw-in jobbie. It could be either, but I know when this happened to me, right at freaking
thanksgiving, haha, it was a fuse which took out one leg of the....thingie. Of course then that
begs the question, what blew the fuse. You will want to keep an observant eye out on that in the
future, see if it does anything else bizarre. Might have a bad element that blew the fuse. But fuse
or breaker first off.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

I have old style double cartridge fuses for both my oven and my dryer. When one side failed on a circuit, the heat was the first thing to go. If you have the cartridge fuses, replace both of them at the same time, it is real difficult to detect the blown one.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:45 AM   #11
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Its all good now guys. Took the Temp Probe in and had it tested. I was told how to adjust the temp settings and now its all good.