Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #21
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough
Default Re: iPhone 3GS Black Friday deal

Doesnt help me with the whole great buy on a 3gs now though

Thanks for all the advice you've given. Its really helpful having someone with insightful knowledge on things.
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #22
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottastic View Post
You can upgrade on 12/4/09.
If he happens to have a 2G iPhone, he'd be eligible to upgrade to a 3GS now. They said I was eligible since I never upgraded to the 3G, and they moved up 2G owners' upgrade eligibility to allow them to upgrade.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:49 PM   #23
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

Partagas

Quote:
You can upgrade on 12/4/09.
Acctually when I login to cingular, it says im eligible for an upgrade on 3/3/10.. does that date take into account the 3 month grace period your talking about or no? If I can upgrade on 12/4 that works perfectly cause I can upgrade my wife and myself both at the same time.

I dont currently have an iphone. I have a samsung epix that I wanna sell afterwards.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:27 AM   #24
Resipsa

I'm not as familiar with how the upgrades work as you obviously, but I had a BB and upgraded to an Iphone in June, which was when my contract was due to expire. I originally had a BB and could have upgraded in December, 6 months before the contract was due to expire, according to both the website and what I was told in store. Are you sure it's three months before and not six?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #25
Scottastic
ROFLCOPTER

Trading: (8)
Partagas
Scottastic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resipsa View Post
I'm not as familiar with how the upgrades work as you obviously, but I had a BB and upgraded to an Iphone in June, which was when my contract was due to expire. I originally had a BB and could have upgraded in December, 6 months before the contract was due to expire, according to both the website and what I was told in store. Are you sure it's three months before and not six?
Three months is the general rule, though if you pay more than $100/month you get it six month early, over $125 gets it one year early!

This also includes if it's a family account: the primary line gets charged for all the minutes and family text, so it's often eligible every year.

Professional window licker on the short bus.
Scottastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #26
Scottastic
ROFLCOPTER

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
Acctually when I login to cingular, it says im eligible for an upgrade on 3/3/10.. does that date take into account the 3 month grace period your talking about or no? If I can upgrade on 12/4 that works perfectly cause I can upgrade my wife and myself both at the same time.

I dont currently have an iphone. I have a samsung epix that I wanna sell afterwards.
It does. Your contract probably expires 6/2/10.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #27
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Wow! I ordered mine on Friday, and it arrived today (Monday) before 10:00 AM. Impressive. Thanks so much for letting us know about this deal, Scott. My wife will be a happy girl come Christmas.
safariguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #28
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

Partagas

Quote:
It does. Your contract probably expires 6/2/10.
Thats weird because I know I upgraded my phone around march 09 due to work. Why would they go a year and 3 months before i could upgrade?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #29
Scottastic
ROFLCOPTER

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew View Post
Thats weird because I know I upgraded my phone around march 09 due to work. Why would they go a year and 3 months before i could upgrade?
As said above...

Three months is the general rule, though if you pay more than $100/month you get it six month early, over $125 gets it one year early!

This also includes if it's a family account: the primary line gets charged for all the minutes and family text, so it's often eligible every year.

So you pay a lot for your line.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:18 AM   #30
safariguy
There's one. Set for stun

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
safariguy will become famous soon enoughsafariguy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariguy View Post
Wow! I ordered mine on Friday, and it arrived today (Monday) before 10:00 AM. Impressive. Thanks so much for letting us know about this deal, Scott. My wife will be a happy girl come Christmas.
My happiness has turned into anger and bitterness. Yesterday I recieved an invoice for the phone. The phone has not been activated and they said I had up to 28 days to activate it. They even pro-rated it and started charging me daily from the day I ordered it which means they want me to pay for the two days it was in transit to me. This is B.S. I specifically asked them if I could wait until Christmas to activate it because it was a present and the CSR said yes. So now I am supposed to pay this bill on a phone that is not even activated sitting under the tree???? I think not. By the way, I in no way am holding a grudge against Scott becuase this is AT&T's fault not his.
safariguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:17 AM   #31
Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation

Ours were christmas gifts as well, but we were planning on activating them after receiving them. Got them last wednesday but couldn't activate them yet since I had plans that evening. Well, while I was out that evening AT&T took it upon themselves to shut off our old phones since the new ones were delivered. That means my wife and me were away, not near each other, without any phone service whatsoever since our old phones weren't working and now had no signal.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 AM   #32
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

Partagas

Quote:
As said above...

So you pay a lot for your line.
Ok that makes more sense, plus I figured out I did a two year contract on my phone. So I got mine in 3/3/09 and its a family plan (over $125) so thats why it says mine is eligible on 3/3/10. And yes mine is hte primary line. Guess i'll be upgrading to an iphone in March.

Thanks Scott!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #33
Scottastic
ROFLCOPTER

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by safariguy View Post
My happiness has turned into anger and bitterness. Yesterday I recieved an invoice for the phone. The phone has not been activated and they said I had up to 28 days to activate it. They even pro-rated it and started charging me daily from the day I ordered it which means they want me to pay for the two days it was in transit to me. This is B.S. I specifically asked them if I could wait until Christmas to activate it because it was a present and the CSR said yes. So now I am supposed to pay this bill on a phone that is not even activated sitting under the tree???? I think not. By the way, I in no way am holding a grudge against Scott becuase this is AT&T's fault not his.
After it's activated and you get that prorated bill, email me. I'll PM you the address and I'll see if I can't take care of it for ya.

To be honest, Customer Care will probably do the same once the bill arrives, but I can do it quicker.