Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
Darrell

Default Re: Sears Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Darrell, maybe it was your winning personality???

What???

I am always friendly to Customer Service people because I know how much it sucks to be treated crappy by customers.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #22
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post

I am always friendly to Customer Service people because I know how much it sucks to be treated crappy by customers.
I'm sure you are!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #23
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I hate their customer service for repairs. I have had the same part on my washing machine break 4 times. They still won;t replace the machine but that's another story. Every time I call I tell them what needs to be replaced and after the first time I always say, Its the same issue as last time. So rather than send a repair guy out with parts they send him to my house to look at it which means I end up taking at least a half day to wait on him just to be there for less than 5 minutes and than I have to take more time off for when he comes back the following week with the parts to actually do the repair. You would think they would take the service call info and at least load some parts on the van in hopes of repairing it the on the first visit.
The store service is hit or miss but I will only go there for tools and sometimes lawn equipment. Everything else is usually priced higher than the competition.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #24
landhoney
Mr. Charisma

First Name: Seth
Trading: (32)
landhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura aboutlandhoney has a spectacular aura about

Their auto center "customer service" made my wife cry (taking advantage), needless to say I went in and got things straightened out and they're not getting any more of our money ever.
landhoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #25
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

One other thing-you could quite easily sell your gift card and get almost all of the value on it. Odds are you can buy it cheaper online and not be forced into buying it from them.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #26
ChicagoWhiteSox

Customer service just seems to be taking a back seat overall in retail today.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #27
krevo
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Travis
Trading: (3)
krevo is on a distinguished road

Considering I only buy Craftsman hand tools from Sears, and they replace them without a hassle, I can say that I've never had a bad customer experience from them. I also work in Account Management / Service Delivery, so often times I've learned better ways to approach situations like you described above, and definitely sympathize with the people in that industry.

I think if you look at a lot of businesses out there right now, that used to have a great reputation for quality of service / customer service, you'll see it's an unfortunate sign of the times. A lot of these people are overworked, undermanaged, and generally don't care about their jobs as much. Primarily because their company doesn't care about it's employees. You see it all the time.
krevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #28
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough

Sears is nothing like it used to be. Every since the Kmart merge/takeover Sears sucks. This coming from a Craftsman.. Kenmore.. junkie.
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote