Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Tatuaje Fausto Avion 11

I think it is two years ago when Pete Johnson released the Tatuaje T110, a 5x50 robusto that was exclusively sold at one shop on Honolulu. I was fortunate enough to get one of the only 400 boxes. The feedback was so positive that Pete decided to release a whole series of the blend under the name Fausto, and to release a limited single size each year under the name Avion. This is the first Avion, the Avion 11. This 6¾x48/52 perfecto grande has a price tag of € 9,50 in The Netherlands and will only be temporarily available here.

The band is awesome and it fits the fantastic perfecto shape of the cigar, which is box pressed with a fantastic smooth and silky dark wrapper that only has a few minor and thin veins. I smell a horse stable and the construction feels great. The predraw is smooth and fine and I taste tobacco with a peppery aftertaste.

I taste red pepper which makes my tongue tingle. After half an inch the pepper fades away a bit and I taste pepper, wood and some sweetness. The sweetness slowly gets stronger and much to my surprise the flavors are getting smooth and subtle, I never expected that after the strong start. Smooth and subtle with cedar, sweetness, a hint of nuts and pepper. After a third I taste cedar and sweetness, I still taste a mild pepper in the aftertaste. Slowly I also taste some herbs like parsley.

Halfway I taste sweet cedar and peppery herbs. The cedar is the strongest flavor I taste. Soon after a mild bitter flavor which is very pleasant shows up too. The herbs are slowly gaining strength while the sweetness disappears. After two thirds I taste a mild minty flavor with the herbs. The aftertaste is peppery which tingles on my lips.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and a half. The draw is great and I got a lot of smoke. I had to correct the burn several times though in the beginning. The ash starts out dark but turns lighter and it is firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Hell yeah, in my book this cigar can compete with the Liga Privada #9 and even a Padron 1926

Appearance: 9 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 9 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10