Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
backyardcigar

Default Burn by Rocky patel

This past weekend, several friends and i gathered together at Zelda Cigar to try out a new blend from Rocky Patel called “Burn”. this cigar is only available at Select retailers that have been designated official Rocky Patel Lounges, such as Zelda Cigar (and sister location, prattville cigar company).

Available in 3 sizes, the Toro, Robusto and Titan, Burn featured an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper with a blend of Nicaragua binders and fillers that create a very bold, yet smooth taste. upon first light the Robusto toasted very well and with 3 quick puffs began to burn very nicely. the Cigar i smoked today featured a slight vein that was noticeable but did not interfere with the burn pattern nor with any of the taste.

now I’ve said before in past reviews i am no expert on leathery palate , if there is even such a thing..but the taste of the burn cigars are very smooth and creamy, with a subtle hint of spices and an earthy, oak like tone.

my friends each had the Toro and Titans and i plan on trying them both myself at a later date. i recommend a nice ale like Amberbock or Blue Moon or a small glass of Captain Morgan Black spiced Rum to go along with this cigar, as they each compliment such a great cigar.

I do hope you take the time to stop by your local shop and pick one up (if available in your area.