Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

First Name: Scott
Trading: (13)
poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough
Default CAO Concert "Roadie" Review

The below was taken directly from my blog site, in my signature below. For more information on this cigar, be sure to check out my blog.

Pre- Light: As I took this cigar out of the cellophane, I ran it through my fingers, and noticed it was fairly well packed, but not overly filled with tobacco. I then held the cigar under my nose, and got smells of light cocoa, some coffee, and a nice pure tobacco smell. I clipped the end of the cigar with my Xikar cutter, and lit up with my Xikar Inpress lighter.

1/3: As I started on the cigar, the first few puffs produced huge volumes of smoke. The draw was just about perfect. The first flavors I got were solid coffee and cocoa flavors, with a slight hint of spice and a very light floral note. The ash is semi flaky, falling off the cigar every 1/2" or so. The first portion of this cigar is very tasty, let's hope the rest of this smoke continues to be as good.

2/3: As I continued onto the second portion of this cigar, I noticed a few slight changes. The coffee and cocoa flavors faded into the background, and the spice flavor, and floral note came to the forefront of the cigar. The smoke is still billowing nicely, and the ash is continuing to drop off at about the 1/2" mark. As I got done with this portion of the cigar, the floral note faded away, and all I was tasting was a strong coffee note. No complaints so far!

3/3: As I finished up this cigar, I was still getting tons of billowing smoke, and the ash was still dropping off the cigar at the 1/2" mark. The flavors were still mostly coffee, with a slight spice on the retrohale. The flavors continued to be the strong coffee note, right up until the end of the stick.

Overall Impression: As I look back on this stick, I must say, I haven't had the best of luck with CAO since they have been under the General Cigar umbrella of brands. That being said, this cigar was one of the best CAO cigars I've EVER had. It was very well constructed, had a perfect draw, and lots of billowing smoke. The flavors were fairly complex and enough to keep my interest in the cigar. I will say, the CAO concert is one cigar I'll likely be buying a box of once they are released, as long as the blend doesn't change.

Smoke Em If You Got Em, Buy Em If You Don't!
Scott

Bearded Dad Blog
poriggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CAO Concert "Roadie" Review

Nice review Scott, glad you liked it, I have read some Twitter and FB updates/reviews where people were bored with it.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

poriggity will become famous soon enoughporiggity will become famous soon enough

I enjoyed it... I can't imagine being bored with it. Your package shows out for delivery, you should have a few at your doorstep today

Bearded Dad Blog
Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Nice review, I'd like to see your thoughts on the body of the cigar.
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

In all honesty, to me it was on the lighter side of medium as far as body went....

Bearded Dad Blog
Old 09-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Sounds yummy

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
TJtorpedo
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tim
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
TJtorpedo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the review! Sounds like a nice smoke. I too haven't had the best of luck with CAO the past few years, but this one sounds pretty good.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
poriggity
Cigar Zombie Fo Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo View Post
Thanks for the review! Sounds like a nice smoke. I too haven't had the best of luck with CAO the past few years, but this one sounds pretty good.
I feel your pain man.. I haven't had the greatest luck either, but I really enjoyed this one.

Bearded Dad Blog
Old 09-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review. Pretty cool band...and the box they come is neat as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
PearlS4
Entering the fray

First Name: James
Trading: (2)
PearlS4 is on a distinguished road

I just discovered CAO and love the Brazilia, was curious about this one. Thank you for the review.
PearlS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #11
omowasu
Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo View Post
In the same boat here, CAO seems like one of those lines where they release 20 special editions but all taste the same. CAO Black was supposed to be an awesome cigar, and turned out being basically passable, although not anything great or remarkable.

Thanks for the review, Ill pick one of these up at the B&M and post my thoughts. I had just seen the CAO Concert last time I was there, but passed it up...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
Robulous78

I haven't had many CAO's but I can say that for those who haven't tried the CAO VR Black... Its a pretty tasty smoke... definitely worth every penny for what they go for on the devil site...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I liked this cigar (Thanks Scott!) I would like to get more of these.....not sure about a whole box though, even though a box is pretty inexpensive.