Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
backyardcigar

Default Romeo by Romeo y Julieta

Altadis has done it again! another great cigar by the altadis family that comes out of nowhere with such great flavors.

The Romeo Y Julieta line has never been a big favorite for me as i often find their cigars very bland and mild, but my train of thought has now derailed with the new Romeo line. for years fans of the romeo y julieta line have been begging for a bolder flavored cigar with a punch, and it's only now that their demands have been answered.

The Romeo (Or roMEo as the band on the cigars screams.) features an Ecuadorian Habano-seed wrapper with a dominican binder and fillers that are blends of dominican Piloto and Olor tobacco. these are very well constructed cigars and many feature some nice, healthy veins that enhance the boldness of the cigar as well light oil coatings that make the cigar stand out and sort of shine under the right light.

Toasting the foot of this cigar releases a sweet yet subtle aroma along with a rich spicy tone produced by the wrapper. within in the first 15 minutes the full bodied flavor is something you can not miss and each puff presents thick, white smoke upon each exhale. that full bodied wood like tone soon changes to a more chocolate or cofee like tone near the middle part of the cigar, with very tightly packed ashes that hold on for a good while until it's tapped away to the ashtray.

the last 15 minutes of this cigar brings a more pepper like tone that really enhances the bold flavor and reminds me that this is a full body cigar. at this point the pepper and spices blend together really well and i even taste a subtle earth tone with the aroma a mixture of woods and spices that i really enjoy but at the same time hate that it reminds me that i'm almost done with this cigar.

I'm happy with this cigar as it was ncie to see something new and unexpected from this line, altadis has a real winner in my mind with the ROMEO.

While smoking this cigar, i enjoyed sipping on The Balvenie Doublewoood Single Malt Scotch aged 12 years.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
carholio
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Carl
Trading: (0)
carholio is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Romeo by Romeo y Julieta

Thanks for the review.

My son (18) is new to cigars and also likes this one. He likes the Havoc too.
carholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
backyardcigar

Glad you liked it, i have been smoking the romeo's for a few months now before writing this review.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Catfish
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ MO FUGGA!

First Name: David
Trading: (24)
RA
Catfish has disabled reputation

I'm really glad you had a better experience with this cigar than I did...

My review of this stick