Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2017, 07:00 AM   #1
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Smile My Poor Dog...

After seeing all the videos posted by other dog owners of their dogs’ antics when they are left alone, my wife and I (alright, mostly me) decided to get a camera so that we could see what our dog, Dug, does while we leave him alone.

What we found is that Dug waits by the door we left from. Staying in that place for hours. And hours. It’s pitiful... Mostly he sits staring at the door. Occasionally, he scratches or licks his feet. I was more than a little stunned.

I’m beginning to think that I’m a bad dog owner, but I figure leaving him staring at the door is better than locking him in his crate (he hates his crate)...

On the slightly brighter side, It is very entertaining when we come back through a different door...

And, no matter what, he is always very excited to see us!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:07 AM   #2
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: My Poor Dog...

I've got a puppy cam for my little one, she has a play pen around her crate so during the day she can walk around a little with the crate door open. She spends her days dragging her blanket around the pen and napping wherever it lands for an hour or so, then repeating
Old 12-22-2017, 07:13 AM   #3
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

My dog waits for all of about 5 minutes before jumping up into our bed and snoozing

Could be the new environment your dog is reacting to, Michael - after time, I'm guessing he won't be doing that
Old 12-22-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
jledou
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jay
Trading: (27)
Punch
jledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura aboutjledou has a spectacular aura about

We are fortunate enough to have windows that look out to the front yard and ours can sit in his bed to watch the neighborhood. This is of course when he is not sleeping ... which is 90% of the days now.

You can try leaving a radio on in the house to see if that might calm him down and interest him in other things.
jledou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:49 AM   #5
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Our dogs neither notice when we leave or when we arrive home. They do, however, know when it is food time.
markem is offline   Reply With Quote