Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Jokes

Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #1
Reaver2145

Default Dear Americans.

Ill put this here just so you know not to get your lawyers and therapists after taking this too seriously.

To the citizens of the United States of America from Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

In light of your failure in recent years to nominate competent candidates for President of the USA and thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence, effective immediately. (You should look up 'revocation' in the Oxford English Dictionary.) Her Sovereign Majesty Queen Elizabeth II will resume monarchical duties over all states, commonwealths, and territories (except Kansas, which she does not fancy) Your new Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, will appoint a Governor for America without the need for further elections. Congress and the Senate will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour,' 'favour,' 'labour' and 'neighbour' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix '-ize' will be replaced by the suffix '-ise.' Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels. (look up 'vocabulary').

2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'

3. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday.

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric with immediate effect and without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as beer, and European brews of known and accepted provenance will be referred to as Lager. Australian beer is also acceptable, as they are pound for pound the greatest sporting nation on earth and it can only be due to the beer. They are also part of the British Commonwealth - see what it did for them. American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

10. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys. Hollywood will also be required to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie Macdowell attempt English dialogue in Four Weddings and a Funeral was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

11. You will cease playing American football. There is only one kind of proper football; you call it soccer. Those of you brave enough will, in time, be allowed to play rugby (which has some similarities to American football, but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

12. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the World Series for a game which is not played outside of America. Since only 2.1% of you are aware there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable. You will learn cricket, and we will let you face the Australians first to take the sting out of their deliveries.

13. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

God Save the Queen!

Well thats the kraken released for the day.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Americans.

I can see this costing you a ton of grief.

Oh...and I only have three words for ya...Boston Tea Party

And one more...Yorktown!!

Last edited by kelmac07; 03-02-2012 at 05:19 AM.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

I enjoy this light read, I get it and found it humorous. I think the "political" subject matter may be an issue on CA though brother. I have great pride as an American, I am not offended but I have a feeling some will be.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #4
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

this is ripe!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
Reaver2145

Oh this is hardly political more like a light worded joke than anything els if people cant take it as much and throw something in kind about England back at me well that's there problem.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #6
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

I think you are in bounds here...you make take some jokes back, but i like reading it!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #7
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Makes me think of Monty Python, typical English "humour"
Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #8
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

An American Sailor and a British Tar were in a bar talking about their various Naval traditions. The conversation got around to the stripes of white piping on their dress blue uniforms. The British Tar asks: "Why do American Sailors have three stripes of piping when we only have two?" The Yank says: "See that first one?, that's for the time we beat your @ss in the Revolution, the second is for the time we beat your @ss in the War of 1812." Still puzzled, the Tar asks again: "Okay, but why the third?" The Yank says: "That's because we can beat your @ss any time we want!"

Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

First Name: Mike
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
Islayphile is on a distinguished road

In seventy-six the sky was red
thunder rumbling overhead
Bad King George couldn't sleep in his bed
And on that stormy morn, Ol' Uncle Sam was born.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #10
BlkDrew
Rolling my own...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (43)
LGC
BlkDrew will become famous soon enough

not a bad read at all, where can I apply for the vegetable peeler permit? are there certain restrictions on them? size, peel suppressors... etc..?
BlkDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM   #11
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

During the war of 1812, the British Frigate captains, to explain their losses, were fond of claiming that American Frigates were too big, and weren't really Frigates, but Ships of the Line. This poem appeared in a British newspaper of the day:

War in Disguise; or
An apology for His Majesty’s Navy

One Stephens, a lawyer, and once a reporter,
Of war and of taxes a gallant supporter,
In some way or other to Wilberforce kin
And a member, like him, of a borough brought in,
Who a master in Chancery since had been made,
Wrote a pamphlet to show that Jonathan’s trade
Was a “War in Disguise”; which, though strange at first sight,
Events have since proved may have been but too right;
For when Carden the ship of the Yankee Decatur
Attacked, with doubting to take her or beat her,
A Frigate she seemed to his glass and his eyes;
But when taken himself, how great his surprise
To find her a seventy-four in disguise!

U.S.S. Constitution vs. H.M.S. Guerriere
Old 03-02-2012, 06:58 AM   #12
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver2145 View Post
Oh this is hardly political more like a light worded joke than anything else if people can't take it as much and throw something in kind about England back at me well that's there (their) problem.
Hereafter, he who criticizes (criticises?) one's spelling and grammar must forever be criticized (criticised?) likewise. I won't even touch your punctuation! You should really try to learn proper English, Simon ('US' or otherwise)!
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #13
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

Bolivar

Bollocks
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #14
LigaPrivadaT84

Old 03-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #15
Bageland2000
On another adventure

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (2)
RyJ Army (Active)
Bageland2000 is on a distinguished road

This is bullshit, I'm calling my lawyer
Old 03-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #16
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

That would be funny to see them try and invade the USA. Afraid of our military..........psh.
Better be more worried about us gun toting citizens.

Good joke though.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #17
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

All my responses in red should be taken with the same seriousness I posted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver2145 View Post
2. Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as ''like' and 'you know' is an unacceptable and inefficient form of communication. There is no such thing as U.S. English We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take into account the reinstated letter 'u'' and the elimination of '-ize.'

Amen.

4. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers, or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not quite ready to be independent. Guns should only be used for shooting grouse. If you can't sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist, then you're not ready to shoot grouse.

That deserves a triple Hallelujah, and a rousing shouted Amen.

5. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own or carry anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. Although a permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

How about we just don't allow them in public? If you are sue happy, you're not allowed to leave your home.

6. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left side with immediate effect. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

And their need to drink straight liquor in copious amounts.

7. The former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling gasoline) of roughly $10/US gallon. Get used to it.

I wonder how many people complaining at the pumps realize this? Of course, they don't have anywhere near the distances to drive that we have here in the US. Nor do we have the mass transit system in place as an alternate form of transportation - at least not in the majority of the land area in the US (there is no bussing or other mass transit within 50 miles of me)

8. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potato chips are properly called crisps. Real chips are thick cut, fried in animal fat, and dressed not with catsup but with vinegar.

No catsup on fries - yes - the rest of the stuff, "you say po-tae-toe, I say po-tah-to."

9. The cold, tasteless stuff you insist on calling beer is not actually beer at all.... American brands will be referred to as Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine, so that all can be sold without risk of further confusion.

Amen.

13. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

Wily E. Coyote. And if that doesn't satisfy you, go see a therapist. But remember, you will then no longer be able to carry a firearm.

14. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due (backdated to 1776).

Go for it. We're still packin' here. Even if our current regime apologizes, the people will rise up against this one.

15. Daily Tea Time begins promptly at 4 p.m. with proper cups, with saucers, and never mugs, with high quality biscuits (cookies) and cakes; plus strawberries (with cream) when in season.

Bunch of pansies. I'll have my tea when I want to drink it, and I'll have it in a container fit for a outdoorsman, not seated on a cushion with a powdered wig on my hear.

God Save the Queen!
And may He bless all rulers and governments with wisdom to do what is right for all people.
Well thats the kraken released for the day.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #18
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkDrew View Post
not a bad read at all, where can I apply for the vegetable peeler permit? are there certain restrictions on them? size, peel suppressors... etc..?
See, this is how it starts... then before you know it, gangsters all over will be running around with unauthorized, fully-automatic, industrial peelers capable of 600 peels per minute...
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #19
Islayphile
Wee Dram Hunter

Bolivar

Double Bollocks
Old 03-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #20
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
See, this is how it starts... then before you know it, gangsters all over will be running around with unauthorized, fully-automatic, industrial peelers capable of 600 peels per minute...
Can you get those with suppressors? I'm stuck in Knoxville today, with only three semi-autos (two .380's and a .25), but all my peelers are 200 miles away in Sville!

As for the joke, I get the humor, not insulted. However, if they expect traffic circles to work at most places over here, they need to be the first to test them out! Can we say 100 car pile-ups!!! Can we have some of that stuff, but leave most of that stuff they call music over there?