Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 10-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #161
Lonely Raven

Default Re: The Wolfman

I got my hook up tonight. Pete is a nice guy. And totally sounds like Seth Rogan.

Box #15 and lighter #35

Old 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #162
Lonely Raven

I had to get the lighter to get the dress box. The lighter will probably hit eBay, and I'm not sure which box I'm keeping and which goes up as trade bait.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #163
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice haul Eric. Trying to find 1-2 sticks and you snagged two boxes.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #164
Lonely Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Even though they said they wouldn't sell individual sticks, they had three boxes open just for singles. I'm kicking myself for not picking up a couple singles. After I grabbed some food and chatted with Pete, I turned around and all the singles (And their empty boxes) were long gone.

Once I figure out which box I'm keeping for myself, the other will be available. I don't yet have access to b/s/t, and I'm only doing my first newb trade this week. So it will be a little bit yet. I'm sure someone will post some Wolfman for sale/trade soon either way.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #165
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Keep in mind that the regular shipments of non dress boxes have yet to hit the regular dealers shops. Once that happens you should have no problems scoring some. If you have a local Tat dealer call them up and see if you can score a non dress box before they arrive. I tried to gab a couple singles at my local but every box was accounted for so they didn't even have one to put out on the shelves. Not to sound greedy but I am trying to score a non dress box when that happens so I can smoke out of that first.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #166
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Ugh, frustrating. I am in Chicago and I called at 3:30pm to see if they had any dress boxes left for the event before I spent 80.00 on cab fare.

I was told they were all sold out and had no dress or 10ct boxes for the event. Now I see that they did have boxes.

Why can't shops just be straight......I have been to this shop several time before to so.....

Oh well, thems the breaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven View Post
I had to get the lighter to get the dress box. The lighter will probably hit eBay, and I'm not sure which box I'm keeping and which goes up as trade bait.

Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #167
Lonely Raven

They had 4 boxes, but you had to buy the $300 lighter to get one.

I'm putting the lighter up on eBay shortly since I only wanted the boxes.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #168
Starz26
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Eric
Trading: (22)
Army (Served With Honor)
Starz26 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
They had 4 boxes, but you had to buy the $300 lighter to get one.

I'm putting the lighter up on eBay shortly since I only wanted the boxes.
Great, but that's not what they said. They said they were all sold out before the event. Oh, well, not like they needed my money anyway, they are doing just fine and if I was living near there they have a killer lounge.
Starz26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 PM   #169
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

a $300 lighter so you can spend more on cigars. I hope that lighter gives a reach-around
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #170
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
I got my hook up tonight. Pete is a nice guy. And totally sounds like Seth Rogan.
Did you ask him if he was the real Pete Johnson?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #171
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I can check with my local and see if they have any left.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #172
RCS44
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ryne
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
RCS44 is on a distinguished road

[/quote]

Really nice picks!
RCS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #173
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPD6030 View Post
a $300 lighter so you can spend more on cigars. I hope that lighter gives a reach-around
No crap... what a way to sell $300+ lighters!?! I thought it was bad a couple years ago when a certain B&M made me buy another Tat box to get a Monster box. At least I had no problems smoking the cigars... but to have to buy a DuPont???

btw, good luck on selling the lighter brother... I've had buyers remorse after events and it's no fun! Not saying you do, but just hoping someone will want that lighter.
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #174
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough

Making you buy a lighter is not cool at all, I consider that bad business practices and would never visit such a store that had that kind of requirement. The Seattle store has a lottery for dress boxes and is only allowing people to buy two sticks from the regular boxes. I can see how that might anger some but I think it is a good way to allow all of thee customers to get a taste...
Posted via Mobile Device
LostAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #175
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
Making you buy a lighter is not cool at all, I consider that bad business practices and would never visit such a store that had that kind of requirement.
I guess if Pete was there he could have put a stop to it. Apparently he was cool with it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #176
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

I'm with Mychal, Ryan and the Admiral. $300 for a $125 lighter with "Tatuaje" on it. Way to go Pete
Old 10-13-2011, 04:21 AM   #177
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

In case anyone is interested the Wolfman goes on sale at NHC today at 1:00 PM EST and then again on Saturday at 8:00 AM EST.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #178
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

The requirement to buy the lighter in order to get a dress box is crap, IMO. I think the pricing on those in the first place is beyond ridiculous. I ended up winning the Face set at an event earlier this year and while the lighter is the best torch I've ever used, it's certainly not worth the price they're charging for them. In fact, I would have a hard time paying the $125 the regular Maxijet goes for when it isn't branded.

And yeah, I wouldn't count on being able to recoup that cost on ebay. Maybe in 6 months or so if these are no longer available you might be able to get a decent amount for one, but I wouldn't count on these things selling out. There are still Face sets available.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:36 AM   #179
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

Every year P.T. finds a new way to prison poke people if they want to get ahold of his Halloween release. Every year people line up to be prison poked. I guess they enjoy it. "Squeal! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
Old 10-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #180
Lonely Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Did you ask him if he was the real Pete Johnson?
I couldn't bring myself to ask. I still don't understand why you guys think there is a fake running around. And besides, the dude is BIG! He was 6'1" and broad shouldered and big armed. OH! I think I realized who he reminds me of!

Jeffery Dean Morgan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
btw, good luck on selling the lighter brother... I've had buyers remorse after events and it's no fun! Not saying you do, but just hoping someone will want that lighter.
I totally have buyers remorse...I just wanted two boxes of Wolfman, one to trade/smoke and one to put in storage for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I'm with Mychal, Ryan and the Admiral. $300 for a $125 lighter with "Tatuaje" on it. Way to go Pete
My feelings exactly. But the odd thing, it seemed like he had nothing to do with the cigars...there were these really pushy used car salesmen types there pushing boxes of tat into peoples arms. I was going to walk away till I saw two of the 4 boxes of Tats get up and sell as I was debating the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
The requirement to buy the lighter in order to get a dress box is crap, IMO. I think the pricing on those in the first place is beyond ridiculous. I ended up winning the Face set at an event earlier this year and while the lighter is the best torch I've ever used, it's certainly not worth the price they're charging for them. In fact, I would have a hard time paying the $125 the regular Maxijet goes for when it isn't branded.

And yeah, I wouldn't count on being able to recoup that cost on ebay. Maybe in 6 months or so if these are no longer available you might be able to get a decent amount for one, but I wouldn't count on these things selling out. There are still Face sets available.
Funny you mention that. The used car salesmen type pushing the sticks bragged about how the lighter was going to go up by $100 in the next year. And I responded with, "yeah, and that's why The Face lighter is selling on eBay for $200 right now".

But I still bought one. No one said I was smart. Anyone want a lighter?