Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #101
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Poor Mans Behike?

WoW, this thread sure took off..............
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #102
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
No it wouldn't be ok. And no one does that here. Nice try though. It's just that everytime someone posts a thread about PJ and a new line he's coming out with, you pipe in with your drivel and personal attacks against him, as if you grew up with the guy and he took your lunch money in middle school. But I digress, like what you smoke, smoke what you like. This is my last post in this thread.
Again I echo I am not the only one who is posting or thinks this way there are plenty more people. I guess since I do it more often or am I bit more vocal about it I'm the target you chose to single out, that's fine I don't care.

And it's only "piping with drivel" because what I post is "Anti-Tatuaje". Otherwise it would be awesome and cool! Notice how I don't come rushing to the defense every time you voice your opinion on NC's being better than CC's (what I smoke). I don't see why people aren't entitled to their own opinions and shouldn't be able to post them freely as long as it doesn't violate the rules.

However... I'm not talking about how the cigars taste, which is what you like. So frankly I'm not sure why you care. You act like he's your personal friend of many years and I'm taking shots at him for no reason. You don't know him anymore than I do, and I don't believe my "attacks" are on him personally at all. It's about the way he does business.

This really isn't an argument, more or less a debate.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #103
smitty81
Have My Own Room

Trading: (10)
smitty81 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Again I echo I am not the only one who is posting or thinks this way there are plenty more people. I guess since I do it more often or am I bit more vocal about it I'm the target you chose to single out, that's fine I don't care.

And it's only "piping with drivel" because what I post is "Anti-Tatuaje". Otherwise it would be awesome and cool! Notice how I don't come rushing to the defense every time you voice your opinion on NC's being better than CC's (what I smoke). I don't see why people aren't entitled to their own opinions and shouldn't be able to post them freely as long as it doesn't violate the rules.

However... I'm not talking about how the cigars taste, which is what you like. So frankly I'm not sure why you care. You act like he's your personal friend of many years and I'm taking shots at him for no reason. You don't know him anymore than I do, and I don't believe my "attacks" are on him personally at all. It's about the way he does business.

This really isn't an argument, more or less a debate.
I agree with you Bill, everyone should be entitled to their own opinion on here, like the creator (roller) or hate him.

Liking a cigar or a brand is all preference to your own taste. Just because you love NC's doesn't mean they are the best. There is no best, it's all preference.

Some might say Tatuaje is the best, and some Might say Cohiba. It's all just based on your palate.
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #104
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
That's a horrible analogy and in bad taste. If you felt it was inappropriate, why post it? I'm sure you knew it would offend someone, and I would say you accomplished that
If I did offend someone I will offer my apologies, but it is not a horrible analogy. Not in exactly the best taste, which I will admit, but it is a legitimate analogy of the thought process. In both cases one side thinks that a particular species is better since it came from one region and act(ed) as such. I added the parenthesis at the end for if a mod felt we were going too far off the topic. In either case, this should be it for me with this thread so as not to continue derailing the thread(which, it had successfully done by page 2, before I even posted).
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #105
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
If I did offend someone I will offer my apologies, but it is not a horrible analogy. Not in exactly the best taste, which I will admit, but it is a legitimate analogy of the thought process. In both cases one side thinks that a particular species is better since it came from one region and act(ed) as such. I added the parenthesis at the end for if a mod felt we were going too far off the topic. In either case, this should be it for me with this thread so as not to continue derailing the thread(which, it had successfully done by page 2, before I even posted).
No need to post your permission. We will act (if needed) whether permission is given or not.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #106
never_enough
Never Satisfied

First Name: Robert
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
never_enough will become famous soon enoughnever_enough will become famous soon enough

Ok, can everyone take a step back and just look at the picture of the cigars. Couldn't they come up with a better wrapper? Looks a little odd.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying one as long as its not another limited release.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #107
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_enough View Post
Ok, can everyone take a step back and just look at the picture of the cigars. Couldn't they come up with a better wrapper? Looks a little odd.

True. I'd assume since they're just prototype cigars at this point they don't care too much about looks and are saving the better wrapper leaf for regular production.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #108
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_enough View Post

My only complaint with Tat cigars is they make limited release cigars for Shop A and another line for Shop B. Just make you cigars and have them available to everyone. As for the BHK topic, who cares if its the same size as Pete's cigars. I am sure they dont taste like one another.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #109
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
No it wouldn't be ok. And no one does that here. Nice try though. It's just that everytime someone posts a thread about PJ and a new line he's coming out with, you pipe in with your drivel and personal attacks against him, as if you grew up with the guy and he took your lunch money in middle school. But I digress, like what you smoke, smoke what you like. This is my last post in this thread.
Every thread referring to Tatuaje or something new that Pete is doing always get's railroaded by the haters here. Hell, look at the original thread about the Mini-Monsters.(http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=monsters) There's a good number of stupid comments added in that add zero content to the subject and even take it off topic briefly. It's amazing how acceptable it has become here.
Still love this place but the Pete threads have just become ridiculous and it's amazing how much people love to bag on the guy. I would be curious to see if he did start posting here regularly how many guys would end up flip flopping as it's easy to bash the guy who is not around to even defend himself.

Last edited by neoflex; 06-21-2012 at 08:30 PM.
neoflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #110
bigswol2
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
bigswol2 will become famous soon enoughbigswol2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Every thread referring to Tatuaje or something new that Pete is doing always get's railroaded by the haters here. Hell, look at the original thread about the Mini-Monsters.(http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=monsters) There's a good number of stupid comments added in that add zero content to the subject and even take it off topic briefly. It's amazing how acceptable it has become here.
Still love this place but the Pete threads have just become ridiculous and it's amazing how much people love to bag on the guy. I would be curious to see if he did start posting here regularly how many guys would end up flip flopping as it's easy to bash the guy who is not around to even defend himself.
Amen brother!
bigswol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #111
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about

I'd love to see some blind side by sides of the real Behike and Pete's knock offs when these hit the shelves. It would probably fall along the same old preference lines of NC/CC, but it would be fun
Old 06-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #112
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Every thread referring to Tatuaje or something new that Pete is doing always get's railroaded by the haters here. Hell, look at the original thread about the Mini-Monsters.(http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=monsters) There's a good number of stupid comments added in that add zero content to the subject
To be fair, I was pretty close in guessing the name of Pete's next endeavor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
No no, that's Tatuaje's next release, "Bukkake."
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #113
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

keep it coming...

Old 06-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #114
gbum
Feeling at Home

First Name: Asyraf
Trading: (0)
Partagas
gbum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but the amazing is...
each time we open the "Show your latest NC purchase Thread" it full of tats pictures...
Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #115
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbum View Post
but the amazing is...
each time we open the "Show your latest NC purchase Thread" it full of tats pictures...
Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #116
Trent0341
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dan
Trading: (7)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Trent0341 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbum View Post
but the amazing is...
I personally love a lot of Tats. I generally don't get in the debates about PJ for the most part because it doesn't matter. Lately I've been smoking more CCs than NCs but a majority of NCs I smoke are tats. Just depends on what I'm in the mood for. I also admit to be a smoker and a collector so part of that makes Tats fun for me as well.

Bottom line it's just what I like. No need for me to debate it. I'm clearly not going to change Bill86/OLS minds on the subject nor do I care to. You won't find me on an Alec Bradley thread (are there any?) bashing them because its not worth my time or energy. Everyone keeps saying smoke what you like, like what you smoke but I get the feeling most mean smoke what I like, like what I smoke.
Trent0341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #117
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

How many people that said that they had posted the last they would say on the matter have come back in?
THAT is what I find funny.
I have to say that if there was anything personal being said, that there would be a stop put to the thread.
I disagree wholeheartedly that people need to refrain from one side or the other. That's what a thread is for,
to debate something and hear both sides. We have some pretty good moderators at work here.
I would say it is a gross overstatement to say that everytime there is a Tatuaje thread that it turns into a
free-for-all. GROSS.
The threads that get the most action with his name on it are the ones that are so completely Madison Ave on
Steroids that it is hard NOT to laugh. This one simply pointed to a story about the launch and while the article
itself was pretty benign on it's face, it didn't turn into a farce until the man himself came in and said what amounted
to me as "they started it!" pointing at the Cubans. Some people here that consider themselves the voice of reason
ought to remember that being right in their own minds does not constitute some kind of best practice for all people.
That's the number one complaint I have against a large portion of society that will have to remain nameless as I have
been asked not to GO THERE....and it AIN'T politics. But the day people can't express their negative opinions
on something like this is the day I will go on about my business elsewhere.

People are already scheming, haha.

You don't have to change MY MIND Trent, I could nearly care less. I will never get around to smoking them,
they might be awesome. I am fine with his marketing practices frankly. I am in TV and I stole everything
I ever did, at least that's the way I tell it. I just like to talk about anything. You want to see me on a
PARTISAN TRAIN, drop by the SEC thread in a few months. The CAIN guy didn't get any better treatment,
btw.....HELL, I admire anyone at the head of a boutique who can come in here and say ANYTHING in the
shark tank that is the internet. It's HARD to EVER say the right thing. There is NO WINNING. Pete tried.

I remember when Croatan and Beagleone came and got me out of my motel room in Dallas one night so we
could drink at their favorite cigar store/pub. They mentioned Pete Johnson had come by the week before and
I said, "Who is that?" They had to tell me. THAT's how little I know or care about a giant segment of the business.
I have my preferences and am not militant at all about it. I KNOW what I like and I could care less if others do too.

You know what makes me happy? When the Asylum has some threads that people are actually TALKING in.
Can you say slow summer??

Last edited by OLS; 06-22-2012 at 11:46 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #118
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Ryan, you are something.

So if a metal band has a lead singer, that just gives Pete Johnson
license to just LOOK LIKE HIM? I think NOT! There are LAWS!

Take your backward ideas to the Hawaii forum.

Dude, did Pete steal your girlfriend?
Old 06-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #119
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Gee I think Bill has made it clear on MANY occasions that he dislikes Pete Johnson. Nothing like beating a dead horse repeatedly.
I think Pete is a player, not only he stole Brad's girlfriend but also Bill's
Old 06-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #120
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

This type of discussion is why I normally drop out of cigar forums in late August and only occasionally drop in anymore. I started avoiding the Monster hype. It was sad to see normally amicable brothers at each others electronic throats over this stuff. The show your latest purchase thread started to feel like a nah/nah/ne/boo/boo over who could get the latest and least available.

I too, could care less about what the latest Pete/Viaje/Padron/Fuente release looks like. I had my eyes opened on what the new brotherhood looks like back during the Drac days. Seems Pete fans and opponents draw divides. This is not what I thought this "Asylum" meant. Yes, I'm guilty of throwing a few stones Pete's way, but that was mainly over marketing and the division his products create. I normally smoke cigars that are not available here, but that's not to say they're superior. They are my choice. I still smoke some tats (love the Petie reserva) and NC's when I don't have the time or concentration to devote to a cigar. When I want a "good" (in my opinion only) cigar, it's cuban.

Am I a snob? Perhaps. I know what I like and seek it out. Do I advocate anything just because it's cuban? No, Cuba makes some pretty rank stuff too. For me; it's all about the brotherhood first. The rest is dried up rotting leaves hardly worth arguing over.

And yes, when I see smoke what you like and like what you smoke, that's what it really means. No exceptions. Check out my pic herfing with cowboy while he's puffing an acid and shotgunning Boone's Farm. No animosity, just a good friend I was happy to smoke with.

Just a rambling post that probably means nothing from someone a lot of you don't know.

Cheers!