Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Perdomo Golf Birdie (Belicoso)

OK, first off, the full name for this cigar is La Tradicion Perdomo Reserve Limited Golf Edition. The Slow-Aged Lot 826 Maduro is one of my go-to smokes, and I haven't had a bad smoke from Perdomo, so I snagged a 5er of these from cbid to try.

Humidor time: 2 weeks

Prelight: The Connecticut wrapper has a nice reddish color, with minimal veins. Draw is moderate, tasting of coffee and cedar.

Burn: The burn was decent, not razor sharp, but it needed no touch-ups. Ash was nice and solid. Draw was moderate. The burn time was about 95 minutes.

Flavor: This smoke was very creamy. The coffee and cedar combined in a way that reminded me of a vanilla latte, with enough spice to keep things interesting.

Summary: I really enjoyed the flavor of this cigar. They can usually be had on cbid pretty cheap, so I think I'll be picking up some more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Perdomo Golf Birdie (Belicoso)

I actually like these for my Golf 'gar when I have them. I agree it is a very creamy smoke, although I did not get coffee, but did have the cedar.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
GHC_Hambone

Thanks for the review! I've seen these before and thought about trying one. From your review they sound pretty tasty, I'll have to pick one up next time I see them.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold

Like Kreth said, these are cheap, especially for a Perdomo. $60ish for box.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review...big Peromo maduro fan here.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier View Post
Like Kreth said, these are cheap, especially for a Perdomo. $60ish for box.
Yeah, they're a little more than the Slow-Aged, but I'd consider adding them to my go-to rotation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote