Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Octoberfest - What are you drinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobarbq View Post
I think I'll try some Samuel Adams Oktoberfest... heard good things about it.

Just had one
Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
b0rderman
Stefan

First Name: Stefan
Trading: (0)
LGC
b0rderman is on a distinguished road

1 liter of Optimator is a serious endeavor, props to you
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #23
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

This is the first time since the brewery was founded 20 years ago that they have bottled their Oktoberfest beer. I miss the on-tap only unfiltered Oktoberfest that they made in the past, but I don't miss the fact that they would tap the kegs at 11am on 'fest Friday and by late Saturday night, they would be sold out. I've been bugging them for years to allow growlers, but they won't do it, so with this, I was finally able to bring one of their specialty beers to a herf yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sudwerk-marzen_11.jpg (43.9 KB, 466 views)
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #24
joeybear

Had the Ayinger Oktoberfest and really liked it. The cap is pretty cool, too. Also drinking Great Lakes, Left Hand, and Victory. I think I like the Victory Festbier the most of those three.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Paulaner here. I would drink Spaten, but hate green bottles. Had teh Sam Adams octoberfest, was not impressed.

I will say this: a buddy did tell me that the Paulaner we were drinking tasted like it wasn't finished yet. But he's a hop-head.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #26
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

OK guys, here's one for you. A guy just came in here, and was delighted that I still had some Sam Adams Octoberfest in the cooler. So he grabs two cold sixes, hands me his credit card, and asks if he gets a quantity discount. (As a reference point, this is a well-to-do businessman who once complained to me about charging 7 cents for a photocopy, instead of, say, five.) Then he looks at the bottles in both sixes, and sees one is punched with an "expiration" in March, while the other was "February". So then he insists that I dig down to the bottom of a stack of other cases to find him another "fresh" one.

Please, do me a favor my brothers: If I ever become such a total @$$hole, kindly shoot me in the head.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #27
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Really 2 6 packs discount on sam adams *shakes head* what do those cost less than $15? The only time you get a discount is at the liquor store when you purchase high gravity beer in 6'ers or cases. Even though I don't bother asking for a discount they just give it to me.

You're seriously not going to drink 12 beers in 4-5 months? Tell him to buy one 6 pack then and GTFO. That's embarrassing IMO.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote