Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #1
Wanger

Default Goviado Toro

I had been given a few of these to try when I was at E.L.V.I.S. a couple weeks ago. I had a pc there, and a few others that snuck into my traveldor and found their way back to MN with me.

I smoked one of them a couple evening ago and promised Andy I'd write a review.

Upon first examination, the cigar was quite well made. No overly firm nor soft spots. Nice uniform dark brown color. Very few thin veins.

I clipped the cigar and took a few draws from it. It drew perfectly. Not too loose, nor too tight. Barring any unforseen issues, I knew this one would smoke well. I didn't get a lot of taste from the prelite draw, but I don't always get much there.

I toasted the foot and got it burning. The first few puffs were very nice. I picked up a bit of a spice blast (but not quite as much as I remember with the pc). It was very earthy and rich to me. Definitely a combo that I like.

As I smoked the flavor did not change a lot, but I'm not someone who needs an ever changing profile and complexity with a cigar. At about the halfway point, I do remember distinctly picking up a faint sweetness to it.

The burn was near perfect, and it only ashed twice through the length of the whole cigar. I smoked it until my fingers were getting warm.

It was a very nice cigar and something that is definitely worthy of being in a regular rotation for me. I'll prolly pick up some pcs when my budget is more healthy, as that's what I smoke most of.

Keep up the good work Andy!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
AndyMadera
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)
Trinidad
AndyMadera will become famous soon enoughAndyMadera will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Goviado Toro

Thank you for the review on the Goviado. I just go some in a Connecticut wrapper that I gotta have you try as well. The one as you mentioned from the Elvis herf was a Habano. Im glad you enjoyed it.

Andy
AndyMadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:33 AM   #3
jlaker

Nice review, you have peaked my interest. I tried the link and searching for it as well. I am trying to find if there is a B&M in my area that carries these cigars, but to no avail so far....any thoughts???
Old 06-23-2009, 04:40 AM   #4
AndyMadera
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (46)
Trinidad
AndyMadera will become famous soon enoughAndyMadera will become famous soon enough

I just got these in, there are only 2 shops so far that have ordered this cigar.

Main Street Cigar in Maryland, has the Goviado Blue (Conn Wrapper) and it is in stock.

Vino100/Tinderbox in Geneva IL, just ordered the Goviado Black (Habano Wrapper) and they should be receiving them within a Week.

Andy
AndyMadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:42 AM   #5
jlaker

Thanks, I'll try to hook up with the Tinderbox in IL and see if we can work something out.