Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-30-2009, 03:01 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Graycliff red lancero

Sorry, no pictures, I lost them during a hard disk crash before I could upload them.

Shellie bombed me this 7 1/4 x 38 cigar some time ago and I finally lit it up. The construction of the cigar feels good. The wrapper is nice colored but looks a bit wrinkled. The aroma is mild and reminds me a bit of a barnyard. The cigar feels a bit dry, but it has been stored at 67% for months. The predraw is fine, I can taste a dry wood flavor with a hint of pepper.

I get a full earthy flavor with a mild sweetness. After an inch the sweetness is gone and the earthy flavor becomes a bit acidy. At a third some herbs join the earth, the acid is gone and I can also taste a mild chocolate aftertaste. Halfway the herbal flavor grows in strength and become the dominant flavor with the earthy flavor as support and still the mild chocolate aftertaste, but a fresh flavor starts to join the chocolate. After 2/3rds the cigar only has a herbal flavor.

I get quite much smoke, but the smoke is thin. The draw is fine and the ash is medium to light gray colored, but firm of construction. The burn of this full flavored medium bodied cigar was a bit crooked.

Would I buy this cigar again? This was an enjoyable smoke, so probably yes.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10