Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 07-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #461
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

called the gsp fight, that was an easy one.

Brock is a stupid dick, and an immature champion. He's far from an ambassador to the sport as champion the way gsp, silva and machida are.
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #462
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

Location: Goverment Facility Solving The Riddles of Time Travel
Trading: (0)
HdM
Comicbookfreak is on a distinguished road

Brock pulled that horseshoe outta Mir's ass and beat him over the head with it. Mir got lucky the first time cause the ref pulled Brock off of him after some BS supposed shots to the back of the head. Mir was not that lucky this time. Mir was exposed for the over rated fighter he has always been. Guess Brock proved that pro wrestlers ain't as fake as some people might think. Glad Brock shut the over rated Mir up. Brock will continue to improve with his superior work ethic. Now let's see Fedor and Brock fight that would be a great fight and probably the only person in the MMA world that could give Brock a decent challenge or beat him at this point.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:40 PM   #463
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
Brock is a stupid dick, and an immature champion. He's far from an ambassador to the sport as champion the way gsp, silva and machida are.
Brock is a showman and puts asses in the seats and sells PPV's that's what the UFC is about selling tickets and PPV's not being a nice warm and fuzzy champ. Screw being an ambassador, I would rather see a beast with a win at all cost, beat the chit outta the other guy attitude. "The Next Big Thing" is that. It's war in there not a how do i come off looking to the public contest.

I wonder if Brock's Coors taste good tonight lol Budweiser sucks!!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #464
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ian
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookfreak View Post
Brock is a showman and puts asses in the seats and sells PPV's that's what the UFC is about selling tickets and PPV's not being a nice warm and fuzzy champ. Screw being an ambassador, I would rather see a beast with a win at all cost, beat the chit outta the other guy attitude. "The Next Big Thing" is that.

I wonder if Brock's Coors taste good tonight lol Budweiser sucks
I'm not even going to comment on your statements. Please go back to watching Monday Night Raw.
BengalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #465
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post
I'm not even going to comment on your statements. Please go back to watching Monday Night Raw.
The why did you comment lol. Sore loser huh rofl. Oh and for the record I haven't watched Wrestling in over a year.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #466
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba
BengalMan will become famous soon enoughBengalMan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The why did you comment lol. Sore loser huh rofl. Oh and for the record I haven't watched Wrestling in over a year.
Nope, I could care less who won. But if you had a clue about how far the UFC has come from all the bullshit that it faced years ago, then you would know that Lesnar's actions and comments did nothing but put the sport back. But congrats on not watching the WWE in over a year. Good look.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #467
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Nope, I could care less who won. But if you had a clue about how far the UFC has come from all the bullshit that it faced years ago, then you would know that Lesnar's actions and comments did nothing but put the sport back. But congrats on not watching the WWE in over a year. Good look.
Yep.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:18 PM   #468
jquirit
Angry Asian Dwarf

Trading: (3)
jquirit has disabled reputation

Quote:
You can thank Dana White for that.

Let's see. The last two to three seasons of TUF? Who did they focus on? All the screw ups and bad boys? How about TUF 10 with Kimbo Slice? How about all the trailers for UFC100 focusing on Lesnar and his poor attitude control?

If they really wanted to improve the image of a product would they really want to focus on the worst angles of it?

Dana knows what sells and he's gonna pander to it as much as possible. I think he's gotten the Don King mentality as any publicity is good publicity, as long as it's inside the ring and appropriately covered and promoted by UFC. To him, it's an ends to a mean.

Hell, look at Dana himself. He's gone off and pissed off so many people with his irresponsible comments. The only person that should be looked at is the guy running the show, and how it's marketed and presented only reflects upon Dana's own attitude.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #469
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

HdM

Quote:
I have watched the UFC since Royce schooled everyone in the first couple of UFC's. I know the sport well. Lesnar sells tickets and PPV's that's what it has become. Don't get mad cause Lesnar is riding the gravy train. I remember Royce tapping Shammy when shammy was somebody in under 3 minutes with a choke. Let's face it it is all about who sells the most and you can thank Dana and the owners for that. Don't hate the player hate the game bro.

Everyone hated Tito cause he was a "bad boy " but he sold tickets and PPV's.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #470
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
I have watched the UFC since Royce schooled everyone in the first couple of UFC's. I know the sport well. Lesnar sells tickets and PPV's that's what it has become. Don't get mad cause Lesnar is riding the gravy train. I remember Royce tapping Shammy when shammy was somebody in under 3 minutes with a choke. Let's face it it is all about who sells the most and you can thank Dana and the owners for that. Don't hate the player hate the game bro.

Everyone hated Tito cause he was a "bad boy " but he sold tickets and PPV's.
gsp and silva probably sell as many as lesnar, and they don't act like roid rage asshats.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #471
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
gsp and silva probably sell as many as lesnar, and they don't act like roid rage asshats.
Roids are everywhere in MMA. That's why they test but anything is possible. If lesnar were on the roids he will fail the test eventually . Heck Hendo and Gracie have both tested positive for roids in the past. Of course we know gsp wouldn't cheat or do anything like, say grease up with vasoline. He has been accused of this a couple of times.

Oh and i like watching gsp and I really like watching Silva. Do you remember a healthy young Matt Hughes tapping gsp?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:54 PM   #472
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba

Go watch ESPN MMA Live and watch Brock retract all his statements, likely after Dana and the Fertitas busted his ass in private due to is idiotic comments. Lesnar sells PPV's, no doubt about it. He appeals to all the WWE drones and all the MMA fans as well. No one is denying that. But to defend his classless behavior is simply foolish. Dana and the Fertitas obviously agree based on Brock's appearance on MMA Live.

Yup, Hughes beat GSP back in the day, so what? GSP is now one of the most dominant P4P fighters ever in MMA.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #473
Comicbookfreak
Tattooed 4 Life

HdM

Quote:

Yup, Hughes beat GSP back in the day, so what? GSP is now one of the most dominant P4P fighters ever in MMA.
Never said he wasn't a great fighter i like watching gsp. Would like to see him and Anderson Silva. Would have liked to see gsp fight in one of the Pride Grand Prix those were awesome or even some of the earlier UFC fights where they had to fight 2-3 times a night to win like Royce did.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #474
goalie204
Have My Own Room

Bolivar

Quote:
Roids are everywhere in MMA. That's why they test but anything is possible. If lesnar were on the roids he will fail the test eventually . Heck Hendo and Gracie have both tested positive for roids in the past. Of course we know gsp wouldn't cheat or do anything like, say grease up with vasoline. He has been accused of this a couple of times.

Oh and i like watching gsp and I really like watching Silva. Do you remember a healthy young Matt Hughes tapping gsp?
I didn't say or imply that he was on the roids. I said "ACT LIKE roid rage asshats" referring to his behavior. I could have easily said "act like a psychotic asshat" or a "pre-pubescent asshat"
Old 07-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #475
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

Lesnar is an ass and hurt the UFC last night. As their most visible star, he should be acting like a sportsman and not a showman, this is UFc and not WWE. Dana white must have ripped him a massive new one because Lesnar showed up at the press conference apologetic drinking a Bud light! The UFC is battling for legitimacy and Lesnar hurts that. I think he is currently untouchable in the ring, he destroyed Mir last night, but outside the ring he can do more damage then he is worth. He is an asshole, not a sportsman and has about as much class as that horseshoe he was talking about.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #476
BORIStheBLADE
_

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
BORIStheBLADE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloo View Post
The UFC is battling for legitimacy and Lesnar hurts that. .

That exactly why I don't like the guy. He should pay attention to how these guys act while at work, and he wonders why he gets boo's.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #477
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
WWE drones
Maybe I misinterpreted that statement, b/c it's coming off quite offensive to me the way it was said.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #478
BengalMan
Have My Own Room

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
Maybe I misinterpreted that statement, b/c it's coming off quite offensive to me the way it was said.
No offense meant.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #479
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
No offense meant.
It's all good, no harm done. It just seems that us wrestling fans get the sh!t treatment by many people (such as Hollywood and the media). We're not all dumb rednecks.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #480
12stones
Yo Mama is so...

First Name: Ricky
Trading: (1)
RA MarineCorps (Disabled Vet)
12stones will become famous soon enough

Well, I just got caught up and gotta say that the card lived up to its potential. Out of all the fights, though, the Hendo knockout of Bisping was #1!! Bet Bisping felt like a bloody idiot for constantly circling into Hendo's right hand... um, 15 seconds after his corner chewed his arse about it. Served him right with all the shite talking in TUF.

I like Mir, and he's got skills, but he doesn't have enough ass to back up the shite talking against a monster like Lesnar. It was a shame to see Lesnar lose his cool, because up until last night he was a class act who did his talking in the ring. Last night he came off as a classless redneck, albeit one hopped up on adrenaline. Mir, on the other hand, came off as a good loser. He's not done yet. The talking's all part of the game.

The GSP fight was decent. Alves isn't going to go much further if he doesn't start to broaden his skills. I think, though, that GSP is gonna keep dominating for awhile. I like the idea of him moving up a class...

Overall, fantastic billing and the best of the past few UFCs. I think they were starting to see a big down turn cause 96-99 pretty much sucked.
12stones is offline   Reply With Quote