Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 07-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #41
ApexAZ
Wandering aimlessly

First Name: Brian
Trading: (10)
ApexAZ will become famous soon enoughApexAZ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: You know what really drives me nuts?

I hate it when people come into a cigar bar to smoke cigarettes and drink, then complain about the cigar smoke.
ApexAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:29 AM   #42
ColdCuts
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dave
HUpmann
ColdCuts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
I hate it when people come into a cigar bar to smoke cigarettes and drink, then complain about the cigar smoke.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #43
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCuts View Post
Sorry, what does it mean to "fishbowl an establishment"?
It's kind of like popping into a bunch of threads all at once, making comments, then never returning to see if anyone has questions or comments on what one said. Basically acting like a fish in a bowl, they swim in circles pointlessly, only paying attention long enough to announce their own presence.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #44
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Old 07-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #45
ColdCuts
Adjusting to the Life

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
It's kind of like popping into a bunch of threads all at once, making comments, then never returning to see if anyone has questions or comments on what one said. Basically acting like a fish in a bowl, they swim in circles pointlessly, only paying attention long enough to announce their own presence.
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up, Adam. Agreed, nobody likes that sort.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #46
T.G
Grrrrrr

Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Quote:
I don't usually worry too much about them. Usually they just interrupt once and then they are gone. Pointless to get annoyed at them, they aren't going to stop doing it, and it just screws up my enjoyment of being there. Like worrying about how someone else smokes their cigar, or if they drink a beverage with it that I don't happen to like.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:00 PM   #47
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 AM   #48
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
I don't usually worry too much about them. Usually they just interrupt once and then they are gone. Pointless to get annoyed at them, they aren't going to stop doing it, and it just screws up my enjoyment of being there. Like worrying about how someone else smokes their cigar, or if they drink a beverage with it that I don't happen to like.
Gee, I'm starting to feel a little self-conscious.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #49
ColdCuts
Adjusting to the Life

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
Old 07-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #50
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

Actually, ya know what drives me bat guano? Friggin' shuttle buses on the "T"! Take the train to JFK, get off, get on shuttle bus, get off shuttle bus, go to train platform and wait for train, get on train, finally get to work.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #51
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was going to comment here and thought against it after all that

It is sometimes hard to keep up with it all though.

I travel for work and at our hotels we have smoking rooms of course. I do not smoke cigarettes. On one trip it was 110 degrees outside and I wanted to enjoy a cigar without melting or having heat stroke so I opted for a smoking room. HUGE mistake. It stunk so bad I couldn't breathe and my clothes and bags stunk for two weeks after. To top it off some coworker calls the hotel and our company to complain that I smoked a cigar in a smoking room. The nerve of some people. I kindly let him know what I thought of him and his nasty cigarette smoke right to his face. He didn't deter me but the nastiness of the rooms and the ashtray smell that soaks into everything in the room keeps me out of smoking rooms. I will sit outside and melt.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #52
ColdCuts
Adjusting to the Life

HUpmann
Exclamation Re: You know what really drives me nuts?

You know what really drives me nuts? Getting the runaround from both UPS and USPS. I got an email from UPS at 7:18 PM that said the package I was expecting -- and waiting around for all day -- had been delivered.

Entering the tracking number furnished by CI when they shipped my order, the UPS website says they handed my shipment over to my local post office and that the post office "attempted to deliver your UPS SurePost package and left a delivery notice with instructions."

Someone please explain this to me. I'm hearing both "delivered" and "attempted to deliver." My wife or myself were home ALL day. No delivery. Door buzzer never buzzed. No notice. Nothing. The UPS website provided a USPS tracking number. Using that number, USPS website says DELIVERED at 8:46 AM. I checked with both neighbors. No cigars. No attempted-delivery slip.

I go back to the UPS website to report the package lost. Website says, "Unable to report a lost package. This shipment was transferred to the local post office for delivery. Please contact the shipper for further assistance."
Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #53
azar
It is what it is!

First Name: Mack
Trading: (18)
azar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually, ya know what drives me bat guano? Friggin' shuttle buses on the "T"! Take the train to JFK, get off, get on shuttle bus, get off shuttle bus, go to train platform and wait for train, get on train, finally get to work.
Holy hell and I get pissed if I have to wait on 5 vehicls to pass so I can pull out on the highway in WY. I couldn't imagine haven to get on 3 diffrent types of transit just to get to work! I will stop b!tchen about that!
Mack
Old 07-10-2014, 04:41 AM   #54
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
You know what really drives me nuts? Getting the runaround from both UPS and USPS. I got an email from UPS at 7:18 PM that said the package I was expecting -- and waiting around for all day -- had been delivered.

Entering the tracking number furnished by CI when they shipped my order, the UPS website says they handed my shipment over to my local post office and that the post office "attempted to deliver your UPS SurePost package and left a delivery notice with instructions."

Someone please explain this to me. I'm hearing both "delivered" and "attempted to deliver." My wife or myself were home ALL day. No delivery. Door buzzer never buzzed. No notice. Nothing. The UPS website provided a USPS tracking number. Using that number, USPS website says DELIVERED at 8:46 AM. I checked with both neighbors. No cigars. No attempted-delivery slip.

I go back to the UPS website to report the package lost. Website says, "Unable to report a lost package. This shipment was transferred to the local post office for delivery. Please contact the shipper for further assistance."
I've had that exact same sequence of events happen twice before. In each case the package was delivered the day after I got those tracking messages.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #55
ColdCuts
Adjusting to the Life

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
I've had that exact same sequence of events happen twice before. In each case the package was delivered the day after I got those tracking messages.
No kidding? Twice?! Well, I hope it shows up today then. That would be the happiest outcome. Planning on going to the post office later today if it doesn't show.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #56
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

My wife.. but I wouldn't have it any other way!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #57
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: You know what really drives me nuts?

Quote:
You know what really drives me nuts? When I'm enjoying a terrific cigar, and I overhear one cigarette smoker remark to another cigarette smoker, 'I hate the stink of those things."

As a cigar smoker, what really drives you nuts?
I was in a bar once and had just lit my cigar when two people sitting next to me said "You're not going to light that thing? They stink." I replied that it was lit and I've been sitting here for a while with no complaints. They both said "It's lit?" Yeah it's lit and I'm enjoying the dumb look on both of your faces. I didn't say that but I was sure thinking it. We had a good time talking small talk and they both had a better respect for cigar smokers once they got past their misconceptions.

"Never underestimate the stupidity of a hypocrite!"
Old 07-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #58
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:

As a cigar smoker, what really drives you nuts?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote