Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 01-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #1
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about
Default Stress fracture

So I knew it would happen sooner or later. I cranked up the amount of exercise in the last two weeks and stress fractured my ankle.

I can still walk although I got some discomfort, but cant rotate or twist the ankle at all. Not too badly swollen.

I guess no more Insanity and Jogging for me for a few weeks. What am I going to do for exercise now. This sucks

What a last couple of days. First my car gets hit at my works parking lot and now this. Can't wait for my cruise... 62 days and counting

equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Stress fracture

Quote:
Originally Posted by equetefue View Post
So I knew it would happen sooner or later. I cranked up the amount of exercise in the last two weeks and stress fractured my ankle.

I can still walk although I got some discomfort, but cant rotate or twist the ankle at all. Not too badly swollen.

I guess no more Insanity and Jogging for me for a few weeks. What am I going to do for exercise now. This sucks

What a last couple of days. First my car gets hit at my works parking lot and now this. Can't wait for my cruise... 62 days and counting

Sucks Edwin, just let it heal so it doesn't continue to cause problems. An you have a cruise to look forward too.. Because what could go wrong on a cruise
Old 01-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #3
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

That sucks brother. I hope you heal quick.

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Take it easy brother. Stress fx's and how they heal are kind of like taking antibiotics. The doc tells you to take all of them but as you feel better you stop and then the infection returns but worse so let your body heal completely before you even think about testing it again otherwise you'll be in for a much worse fracture amongst other damage you'd end up doing to yourself. Take your anti-inflammatory meds (don't over do that either), elevate and ice as much as possible, and as i said before don't over do it and you'll be back in no time. You know your body better than anyone so when it hurts it's trying to tell you to back off a bit. Up your calcium, Vitamin C & E, and protein intake too.

Just some helpful advice from the guy who's spent 13+ years working in physical therapy.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

Thanks for the advise Jason. I plan on following it
Old 01-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear Edwin. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

Bought a nice ankle brace and hoping it will help speed the recovery.