Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 06-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
big a
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (42)
RyJ
big a will become famous soon enough
Default Work outs

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions here. I recently started back to the gym and have been going 4 days a week with the split per day being chest/tris, back/bis, legs, shoulders. Have a buddy that's a trainer that helped create this off some of my wants/needs. Just curious what splits or schedules others might be doing.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Work outs

I switch up my splits fairly regularly, Andrew. The body adapts to "stress" over time and changes are needed to keep making progress. I not only employ changes in splits, but in several other areas (speed of motion, rest time, heavy v light, etc) to keep the body guessing.

Current split is also 4 days. I take one day off, and start again.

Chest
Back
Legs
Shoulders/Arms

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:44 AM   #3
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I...i... can’t tell if that’s spam or not
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:25 AM   #4
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

I work with a personal trainer and most trainers tend to do a similar routine. I (and they) find it the most effective way for people who work out only 1-3x a week.

We do the whole body each work out, mixing the order and exercises within that muscle group. Resting only a long as required. No slow down really. Exercises are done in groups of 3 with 3 sets & 12 reps for weights and 25-30 for ab reps. One hour, in and out...

If you do the whole body each time, nothing is missed.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

4 years later and I am working out 6 times a week.

Back/Chest supersets
Legs
Shoulders/Arms
Back/Bis
Chest/Tris
Legs/Shoulders

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-22-2022, 11:19 AM   #6
SloanePeterson
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
SloanePeterson is on a distinguished road

The weight may vary at different times of the day. And it is not at all necessary to weigh more after lunch than in the morning on the day of weight loss. So if you can't compare the weight right there and now, that may be one of the reasons. Also, one of the scales can be knocked down. If you doubt the correct operation of the scales, contact a special place where the scales are adjusted. I will say this at the expense of mechanical or bathroom scale: I have electronic ones at home. And at work - big medical. So they work synchronously. Therefore, I am sure that my weight is correct. But in general, I trust mechanical scales more than electronic ones.

Last edited by icehog3; 07-22-2022 at 05:45 PM.
SloanePeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #7
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

SloanPeterson, the future Mrs Abe Frowman?

Anyone?......Bueller?
Old 07-22-2022, 05:45 PM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloanePeterson View Post
The weight may vary at different times of the day. And it is not at all necessary to weigh more after lunch than in the morning on the day of weight loss. So if you can't compare the weight right there and now, that may be one of the reasons. Also, one of the scales can be knocked down. If you doubt the correct operation of the scales, contact a special place where the scales are adjusted. I will say this at the expense of mechanical or bathroom scale: I have electronic ones at home. And at work - big medical. So they work synchronously. Therefore, I am sure that my weight is correct. But in general, I trust mechanical scales more than electronic ones.
I disabled your link as we don't allow that on CA.