Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Coffee & Tea Forum > Coffee Discussion

Old 08-23-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Behmor 1600 Plus

Got an email this morning from SM's about an upgraded panel you can install into your regular Behmor 1600. Gives you more flexibility during roasting.

http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/roa...ade-panel.html

Not sure if it's worth it for me to upgrade, but thought I'd pass this along and see if anyone else had any thoughts on it.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #2
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Behmor 1600 Plus

Ooh, they're shipping now eh? We use the regular 1600 several times a week. Wife has it down to a science for our preferred roast. We may go ahead and upgrade it next month with the new panel and see how it compares.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I'd be interested to see what you think of it, if you do order one.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:40 AM   #4
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

My 2 year old behmor seems to be cropping out on me. Used to do 12-13 oz roasts and easily get into 2nd crack. Now 9.5 oz limps to 2nd crack even after cleaning as suggested per update 3. May go to a hottop next.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:55 AM   #5
gravel
Still Washing My Back

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (3)
HdM
gravel will become famous soon enough

Interesting. Has anyone pulled the trigger on this?
gravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #6
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
My 2 year old behmor seems to be cropping out on me. Used to do 12-13 oz roasts and easily get into 2nd crack. Now 9.5 oz limps to 2nd crack even after cleaning as suggested per update 3. May go to a hottop next.
Duane, what's update 3? I recently took my compressor hose to my Behmor, giving it a thorough blast of air. Had a lot of chaff and dust built up inside. That seemed to help a lot with performance for future roasts. I was noticing it took longer and longer to get near 2nd crack.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:53 AM   #7
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Duane, what's update 3? I recently took my compressor hose to my Behmor, giving it a thorough blast of air. Had a lot of chaff and dust built up inside. That seemed to help a lot with performance for future roasts. I was noticing it took longer and longer to get near 2nd crack.
http://www.behmor.com/docs/Manual_Up...and_DC_Fan.pdf

I've done this a few times already and it's just over 2 years old. Might give it one more shot cleaning it and if that doesn't work, I think a Hottop will be my next purchase.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
http://www.behmor.com/docs/Manual_Up...and_DC_Fan.pdf

I've done this a few times already and it's just over 2 years old. Might give it one more shot cleaning it and if that doesn't work, I think a Hottop will be my next purchase.
Ah, ok. I need to do that myself. Did two batches this weekend. First was 12oz of Colombian beans. Even with a 2 min preheat, it barely made it to first crack on 1lb, P3, C setting. Next batch was 10oz of Ethiopian beans, 1lb, P2, B. Better result, but still not near 2nd crack.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
Mr B
Livin' in a Van....

Trading: (79)
PL
Mr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really niceMr B is just really nice

I probably won't get the upgrade. I have my original pretty dialed. I just know to not roast more than 3/4 lb at a time.
And there came a voice to him: “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” Acts 10:13
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote