Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 01-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold
Default Inversion tables, what can you tell me?

Anybody use or own an inversion table? What kind of benefits are you getting?
I've checked out the reviews on Amazon and these seem to be a great way to alleviate back pain and just for stretching the joints.
Just wondering if we've got anybody on here with real life experience.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Inversion tables, what can you tell me?

I've worked in Physical therapy for 13 years now. All inversion tables do is put traction on the spine. If you have a slipped disc this can alleviate some pain temporarily and certainly is better than popping advils or tylenols all the time. If you use it start with some heat on the back (lower or upper depends where your pain is) for 15 mins then use the inversion table for about 10 - 20 mins. After that rest by laying supine or reclined in a chair for another 10-20 mins. To have any long term affects with slipped discs you should try using it at least 3 - 4 times a week. That's the best advice I can offer.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

What can I tell you? I'm 70 years old, and I feel great!

(Well, truthfully, I'm not quite 70 yet, and I feel like crap.)
Old 01-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

I own one.
I love it.
With two herniations (L4-L5 and L5-S1), it is the main reason I can still walk.
I have evolved to where I now use it to do inverted crunches for my goal of a six pack by 55 (April).
Highly recommended if you have back problems and they told you surgery was a must, and gave you permanent handicap parking privileges, as they did for me 7 months ago. To date, f...them with that surgery idea.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
I own one.
I love it.
With two herniations (L4-L5 and L5-S1), it is the main reason I can still walk.
I have evolved to where I now use it to do inverted crunches for my goal of a six pack by 55 (April).
Highly recommended if you have back problems and they told you surgery was a must, and gave you permanent handicap parking privileges, as they did for me 7 months ago. To date, f...them with that surgery idea.
There you go! I've known about Carlos's back problems for a few years so i can tell you he knows what he's talking about. Anything that helps cut the shots, narcotics, and overuse of advil or tylenol is extremely helpful. In the end it's about finding that balance that helps you feel better while limiting the intake of shots and pills is a great thing and worth a shot if nothing else. just my
Old 01-11-2014, 07:10 PM   #6
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
There you go! I've known about Carlos's back problems for a few years so i can tell you he knows what he's talking about. Anything that helps cut the shots, narcotics, and overuse of advil or tylenol is extremely helpful. In the end it's about finding that balance that helps you feel better while limiting the intake of shots and pills is a great thing and worth a shot if nothing else. just my
Jason,
Every day hurts like hell but as you say, anything to stop the drugs.
I got tired of them.
Got use to the pain and don't take any of them any more.
Inversion is temporary as you mentioned earlier but as you well know, so are the narcotics.
I am working my way to yoga next based on all I have read, after having worn out drugs, epidurals, acupuncture and God knows what else.
Screw surgery. I will die first.
For the money, my Teeter inversion table has been the best bang for the buck.
Not sure I would use it if not for the benefits if stretching and relaxing the back.
For my need, great product.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:35 AM   #7
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the input Carlos and Jason.
I am not to the point of any major back injuries or surgery, I just thought of this as more for stretching and slight re-alignment maintenance. Sounds like I'm on the right track.
Which Teeter do you have, Carlos? I'm looking at the EP960, in fact, have it in the internet cart already.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Thanks for the input Carlos and Jason.
I am not to the point of any major back injuries or surgery, I just thought of this as more for stretching and slight re-alignment maintenance. Sounds like I'm on the right track.
Which Teeter do you have, Carlos? I'm looking at the EP960, in fact, have it in the internet cart already.
You can kill me and I can't tell you.
It's about three to four years old.
At that time, the ankle brace was not as good as on the current models and I ended having to buy a boot like braces to hook to it as much better on ankles.
The current model looks like it addressed that discomfort and was improved.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #9
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

Partagas

[quote=Blueface;1922586]You can kill me and I can't tell you.
QUOTE]

Thanks again, Carlos.