Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Xikar ZX

Anyone have an opinion on them? Im looking at maybe getting one as they have a real carbon fiber model.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Xikar ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
Anyone have an opinion on them? Im looking at maybe getting one as they have a real carbon fiber model.
Never Seen One, Brother, But Why Not Buy This One For < $20??? "X8 Carbon Fiber" http://www.xikar.com/cutters_xi208.asp#

I Love Mine!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
I used a buddy's last week, he had the carbon fiber one.

Its beautiful, sharp, and feels great in your hand, but I <3 my Palios.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
DennisP
Come Get It

Trading: (17)
HUpmann
DennisP will become famous soon enoughDennisP will become famous soon enough

If it's anywhere near as good as the X8 you'll be happy. I LOVE the X8 and it's a great price.
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
If it's anywhere near as good as the X8 you'll be happy. I LOVE the X8 and it's a great price.
Definitely! I Use Mine Every Day.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
Nathan King

I am the proud owner of a Xikar ZX carbon fiber cutter. The carbon fiber is indeed real, the action is precise and smooth, and the blades are
shockingly sharp.

Perfect cut every time - no shards of tobacco in my mouth.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Never Seen One, Brother, But Why Not Buy This One For < $20??? "X8 Carbon Fiber" http://www.xikar.com/cutters_xi208.asp#

I Love Mine!
If you watch the Monster they have them for about 15. I have a palio that was my first " real " cutter and I love it. I now have 3 X8s that I find myself using more.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVE my X8...been using it exclusively since Epic III. And for $ 24.99
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
rmoreno

Default Re: XIKAR ZX Ultra Slim Cutter

As you probably know by now, XIKAR's cutters and lighters have the best and world-renown lifetime warranty...lifetime not 30, 60, 90days, or 1-year warranty! Lifetime! The new ZX Ultra Slim Cutter, the new X8 cutter and the new V-Cut are getting a lot of consumer attention. Word on the street is....awesome products. Great cut, great feel, and a fair price. Thanks for listening Bob M, XIKAR guy.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: XIKAR ZX Ultra Slim Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoreno View Post
As you probably know by now, XIKAR's cutters and lighters have the best and world-renown lifetime warranty...lifetime not 30, 60, 90days, or 1-year warranty! Lifetime! The new ZX Ultra Slim Cutter, the new X8 cutter and the new V-Cut are getting a lot of consumer attention. Word on the street is....awesome products. Great cut, great feel, and a fair price. Thanks for listening Bob M, XIKAR guy.
Maybe you should post an introduction before proclaiming the benefits of a particular product...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #11
Miket156

Smile Re: Xikar ZX

Quote:
by cigarnut:

Maybe you should post an introduction before proclaiming the benefits of a particular product...
Yeah, that sounds like salesman speak. Lighten it up a little, I'm not wearing my boots today!

The Xikar products look nice, but they are expensive. If you can afford it and don't care, go for it. Me? I'm cheap. I bought a Cohiba triple torch Butane lighter for $14.95 (some Internet dealers want $39.95!) and its a great lighter for the money. It ALWAYS works. I do use Xikar Butane fuel in it instead of the Wally World Ronson fuel and I've had no problems.

Of course, you can always buy cheaper lighters from Buylighters.com. They offer free shipping! Dave, the same guy that owns Cheaphumidors.com is the owner of that website too. Right now Cheaphumidors.com is selling some Butane lighters for $9.99! Buylighters.com are a couple bucks more because of the "Free Shipping".

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a good light! I won't spend 40 or 50 bucks on a lighter, but I wanted something a little nicer looking than the industrial look $9.99 lighters, so the Cohiba works for me.

Cheers,

Mike T.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
DennisP
Come Get It

Trading: (17)
HUpmann
DennisP will become famous soon enoughDennisP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miket156 View Post
Yeah, that sounds like salesman speak. Lighten it up a little, I'm not wearing my boots today!

The Xikar products look nice, but they are expensive. If you can afford it and don't care, go for it. Me? I'm cheap. I bought a Cohiba triple torch Butane lighter for $14.95 (some Internet dealers want $39.95!) and its a great lighter for the money. It ALWAYS works. I do use Xikar Butane fuel in it instead of the Wally World Ronson fuel and I've had no problems.

Of course, you can always buy cheaper lighters from Buylighters.com. They offer free shipping! Dave, the same guy that owns Cheaphumidors.com is the owner of that website too. Right now Cheaphumidors.com is selling some Butane lighters for $9.99! Buylighters.com are a couple bucks more because of the "Free Shipping".

You don't have to spend a fortune to get a good light! I won't spend 40 or 50 bucks on a lighter, but I wanted something a little nicer looking than the industrial look $9.99 lighters, so the Cohiba works for me.

Cheers,

Mike T.
DennisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miket156 View Post

Cheers,

Mike T.
thats true if you dont plan on using it much but in the long run, with Xikars warranty, it come out cheaper buying xikar.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote