Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: &)@#&(^$ !!!! I'm soo MAD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen View Post
Boo sorry to hear this. But **** happens. I would put it in a drawer or closet out of sight pick a cigar and relax. Then see if something can be done about it.
Wise words Jake
Old 05-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #22
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

That sucks. One of the many reasons I hate USPS. Unfortunately no insurance=your problem not theirs basically.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

I see that no one yet has suggested that you call the local post office, speak to the postmaster, and ask what options you may have.

So I won't suggest that either.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I will tell you another thing about "insurance". I thought I was doing my clientele a favor by heavily insuring packages
bound for them. But if you think you will ever get reimbursement for something you do not have receipts on, or worse,
something 'illegal' in the eyes of the USPS, then you might as well cross your fingers, turn around three times and jump,
cause you are screwed any other way. Not only have I stopped insuring packages, I have stopped SHIPPING them, too.
If you enter a system where you can't win, where the cards are all in the hands of the house, you are a fool to play.
Took me almost ten years of wasting money on insurance to find this out the hard way. And so did my 'client'. Bottom
line is, you get the exact same treatment whether you insure or not....you get NOTHING. So why insure?
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #25
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
I see that no one yet has suggested that you call the local post office, speak to the postmaster, and ask what options you may have.

Oh Mark, you wise FOG Thanks bro, will do
Old 05-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post

I haven't heard that you can't ship cigars, it's not one of the questions they ask when you ship (verbally ask), if you received a damaged package in the mail you can bring the package and contents to the local post office to fill out a claim, you will need to provide proof of value etc., but as long as you have the box and all packing material take it down to the post office and they will help you out.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Sorry to hear about your cigars Cole. If the shipper did not buy insurance, then you're probably sol, and while you might find a sympathetic employee or postmaster, I don't know how much they can do without proof of insurance, as only express mail comes with $100 base insurance included. Try and see, you never know, you might get something. At the very least, you have nothing left to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
Totally agree! It was stamped at my location...which is even funnier. If it was stamped at the departure location, then I could understand, but who else touches it between locations other than USPS!

Possibly FedEx.
http://news.van.fedex.com/fedex-sign...postal-service

Some of the semi-trucks are also contracted, but I don't know if they have access to the inside of the 40' containers, and might simply be hauling sealed trailers between hubs.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #28
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Sucks about to hear about the cigars bro I hope the USPS can do something about it.
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #29
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I haven't heard that you can't ship cigars, it's not one of the questions they ask when you ship (verbally ask), if you received a damaged package in the mail you can bring the package and contents to the local post office to fill out a claim, you will need to provide proof of value etc., but as long as you have the box and all packing material take it down to the post office and they will help you out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Sorry to hear about your cigars Cole. If the shipper did not buy insurance, then you're probably sol, and while you might find a sympathetic employee or postmaster, I don't know how much they can do without proof of insurance, as only express mail comes with $100 base insurance included. Try and see, you never know, you might get something. At the very least, you have nothing left to lose.

Possibly FedEx.
http://news.van.fedex.com/fedex-sign...postal-service

Some of the semi-trucks are also contracted, but I don't know if they have access to the inside of the 40' containers, and might simply be hauling sealed trailers between hubs.
Yeah, I'll try it out. They closed 3 min ago and I have the kids. But I have the tracking and all the pictures and contents available so I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks guys!
Old 05-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #30
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

If the shipper purchased insurance, it is the shippers responsibility to pursue a claim with the PO. Anyone who tells you otherwise if full of $hit.

Also, if this were not a MAW/PIF and was a monetary transaction (WTS) then the onus is on the seller to make sure the goods are delivered as expected. Is it the shipper's/seller's fault for the damage? Of course not. But it IS their responsibility to make sure that goods were provided to the buyer for something they accepted money for.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #31
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I will tell you another thing about "insurance". I thought I was doing my clientele a favor by heavily insuring packages
bound for them. But if you think you will ever get reimbursement for something you do not have receipts on, or worse,
something 'illegal' in the eyes of the USPS, then you might as well cross your fingers, turn around three times and jump,
cause you are screwed any other way. Not only have I stopped insuring packages, I have stopped SHIPPING them, too.
If you enter a system where you can't win, where the cards are all in the hands of the house, you are a fool to play.
Took me almost ten years of wasting money on insurance to find this out the hard way. And so did my 'client'. Bottom
line is, you get the exact same treatment whether you insure or not....you get NOTHING. So why insure?
Excellent point about insurance as long as your 'client' gets what he paid for.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #32
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

This blows. Sorry to hear bro. Like others have mention, don't think there is much that can be done
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #33
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
If the shipper purchased insurance, it is the shippers responsibility to pursue a claim with the PO. Anyone who tells you otherwise if full of $hit.

Also, if this were not a MAW/PIF and was a monetary transaction (WTS) then the onus is on the seller to make sure the goods are delivered as expected. Is it the shipper's/seller's fault for the damage? Of course not. But it IS their responsibility to make sure that goods were provided to the buyer for something they accepted money for.
Agreed Peter Being that it is a MAW, I'm not too terribly worried about it because I know I didn't pay for something (well, other than the sticks I sent). And even it was a WTS, being that we are all brothers here, I probably wouldn't pursue unless it was a vendor/retailer on here. But the difference between MAW and WTS is definitely noted.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #34
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by equetefue View Post
This blows. Sorry to hear bro. Like others have mention, don't think there is much that can be done
There may not be any recourse from USPS.
But if I were the sender, I would send another package. That's the way I've been treated and that is the way I would treat others.
My YMMV
Old 05-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #35
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

I agree with you Peter
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #36
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

As someone who does a TON of business with the USPS, let me say that happily this does not happen often. That being said, there is nothing the USPS can or will do for you except commiserate. Brad is correct, insuring does little if the package is lost or damaged unless you have a picture of the item with a price next to it- like from a catalog. Then, maybe you'd get some redress. But, you've heard the expression: "slower than molasses in wintertime?"

Peter is correct: the BOTL here who sent you this will likely make good on it- heck, I would if I had these stix!

Tough luck, and extremely annoying, I know! I once got a book that appeared to have been left to soak in diesel oil. Yummy!

I'm sure you'll get your MAW one way or t'other, brother!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #37
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
There may not be any recourse from USPS.
But if I were the sender, I would send another package. That's the way I've been treated and that is the way I would treat others.
My YMMV
Quote:
Originally Posted by equetefue View Post
I agree with you Peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
As someone who does a TON of business with the USPS, let me say that happily this does not happen often. That being said, there is nothing the USPS can or will do for you except commiserate. Brad is correct, insuring does little if the package is lost or damaged unless you have a picture of the item with a price next to it- like from a catalog. Then, maybe you'd get some redress. But, you've heard the expression: "slower than molasses in wintertime?"

Peter is correct: the BOTL here who sent you this will likely make good on it- heck, I would if I had these stix!

Tough luck, and extremely annoying, I know! I once got a book that appeared to have been left to soak in diesel oil. Yummy!

I'm sure you'll get your MAW one way or t'other, brother!
Not what I'm looking for gents. I was just voicing my frustration, and I appreciate you all taking the time to hear it. It wasn't a sale, so I don't want the sender to feel obligated in any way.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #38
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Well Cole I looked at the sticks damaged/destroyed and I looked at your MAW list and I dont have anything that matches your list. Do you have anything else you might want or willing to try?
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #39
Lockspur
Have My Own Room

First Name: Scotty
Trading: (31)
Lockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really niceLockspur is just really nice

Already replied in the MAW thread. Cole, I got a few on your list. Outbound tomorrow.

Proud member of the GMCGTPWHAFA
Lockspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #40
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaase321 View Post
Not what I'm looking for gents. I was just voicing my frustration, and I appreciate you all taking the time to hear it. It wasn't a sale, so I don't want the sender to feel obligated in any way.
Cole - it was not my intent to hint or pressure anyone into re-sending. My point was more about obligations in a sale. If anyone took my post to imply that the wish granter SHOULD re-send, they are mistaken.

Sorry for any confusion.