Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
Tuxguy
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jason
Trading: (26)
Cohiba
Tuxguy will become famous soon enough
Default Graycliff 1666 Pirate

This was the first cigar from Graycliff I have tried. I acquired this cigar from the Maduro whore himself,Kelmac from a PIF. It measures in at a 6 x 52 Torpedo shape. You can always find these on cbid at great prices. Matter of fact they are Joecigar.com deal of the day

First 1/3 of this smoke tasted like Coffee with cream and sugar. Very smooth and sweet

The second third still tasted like Coffee but could pick up on some hints of hazelnut

The final third tasted like dark coffee, i'm talking black.
The overall burn and draw were consistent the whole way through. This was not a real powerful maduro by any means. IMO it was more of a medium strength the whole way through out. I definitely would smoke this one again. Thanks again Mac for this smoke.
Tuxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice
Default Re: Graycliff 1666 Pirate

Nice review, thanks. I'd never pay retail for these, but as you mentioned, they can always be found much cheaper.
Posted via Mobile Device
Kreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
wolfandwhisky
Resident Whisky Addict

First Name: Matt
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
wolfandwhisky is on a distinguished road

thanks - just came into one of these from a BOTL and am looking forward to trying it.
wolfandwhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Nice review. These are definitley great smokes that you can get for short money in a mazo.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

i have purchased a box of these from Cbid at a great price. I have really enjoyed them.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Jason...glad you enjoyed.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:24 PM   #7
GHC_Hambone

Sounds tasty! Nice review.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
dccraft

Great review. These are really nice!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

When these first came around, me and Chasden tried to smoke them. They were enough to gag a maggot off a gut wagon.
6 or 8 months later, they were exquisite.
A year after that, and they lost all their gas, but they are still a really good smoke.
The Graycliff Double Esprsso is like that, too. They have a real short window of greatness.
Tricky cigars are fun.
Thanks for the review!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #10
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

I like these but found the construction to be really hit and miss. Have a few left, should start smoking them again.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote