Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #2321
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarcop View Post
The event I was in (1000 Yrds shoot) this past weekend went well except for Sat when the winds were 20 mph+ and switching at some points making it very difficult to read the conditions. On Sunday the winds weren't that bad and I won the match that day shooting a 197 out of 200 with only 3 shots in the 9 ring....11 shots were in the X ring
The overall results won't be posted till next week.
Sounds like you did really well. Congrats!
Old 07-13-2011, 06:25 AM   #2322
0002S
Alla En El Rancho Grande

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
0002S will become famous soon enough0002S will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The event I was in (1000 Yrds shoot) this past weekend went well except for Sat when the winds were 20 mph+ and switching at some points making it very difficult to read the conditions. On Sunday the winds weren't that bad and I won the match that day shooting a 197 out of 200 with only 3 shots in the 9 ring....11 shots were in the X ring
The overall results won't be posted till next week.

congrats on the win.

My Fri shooting was great at the 175 loads were on target. Sat was HOT and the mirage and wind made for an interesting day. I was shooting 168s and and the conditions moved them all around.

We did get the bright idea to take a Nagant and shoot it with 178s out to 600 yds. Surprisingly we were able to keep it in the center of a tractor tire every shot once we got the hold under down.

Then at a 1000 yds we were able to get a 6'x6' grouping...

The sights suck, the trigger sucked and my shoulder hurt like hell after 20 rounds.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #2323
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

sounds like a fun day, and doing more than plinking is always fun
Old 07-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #2324
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Anyone see anything wrong with this picture???

Old 07-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #2325
Scothew
CA Scott #2658

First Name: Scott
Trading: (5)
Partagas
Scothew will become famous soon enoughScothew will become famous soon enough

Um i am not the most profecient person in firearms, but that clip is a bit backwards in its loading correct?
Old 07-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #2326
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Haha the bullets were put in backwords
Old 07-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #2327
gpugliese
B.Y.O.B.

First Name: Greg
Trading: (13)
HUpmann
gpugliese will become famous soon enough

Ah the old HK backwards gag. Seems like the photographer (or assistant) wasn't well versed on firearms.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #2328
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

Old 07-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #2329
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpugliese View Post
Ah the old HK backwards gag. Seems like the photographer (or assistant) wasn't well versed on firearms.
what a dumb azz
Old 07-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #2330
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

National Concealed Carry Bill Plans Revealed
Neil W. McCabe, Editor

Dear Guns & Patriots readers,

The debt ceiling talks continue to dominate Washington, but that does not mean the battle to protect gun rights has moved offstage.

One very positive development is the anticipated re-introduction by Sen. John R. Thune, R-Utah, of his national concealed carry bill. Thune's 2009 bill received 58 votes in the Senate and with the increase in pro-gun rights Senators in this session, many have wondered why he has waited so long. I asked the Senator that question, along with questions about the BATFE's Project Gun Runner and other issues, sure to interest the readers of Guns & Patriots in an exclusive July 14 interview. My article based on the interview is part of this week's offering and we have audio from the interview in this week's podcast.

In this week's podcast, my co-host Brian H. Darling, who is a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation, explains what is happening at Capitol Hill with the debt ceiling talks and the different versions of the Balanced Budget Amendment. Darling writes the "Legislative Lowdown" column for Human Events every week, and you can read his last column here. Also in the podcast, you will here my conversation with historian Robert J. Laplander, the author of "Finding the Lost Battalion," who produces our Medal of Honor Roll Call column every week. You can subscribe for the podcast at iTunes here.

Cork Graham drills down on a major flaw in how we process and value different intelligence feeds for further use by our troops. Graham interviewed retired Army Maj. John Plaster, the author of "The Ultimate Sniper," and a former operator in the Special Observation Group during the war to save our ally south Vietnam. Plaster has some scary things to say about recently declassified National Security Agency Documents that detail how during the war.

Eric Andringa writes about an importance of how we pass on a respect and reverence for firearms to our children. Andringa describes the first time he showed his stepson a 9mm and let him hold it. It is an article that should resonate with us all.

Richard L. Johnson weighs in with a review of the BLACKHAWK! recoil reducing stocks. Johnson is a career law enforcement professional and trainer. Whenever I read his product reviews, I feel like he is writing from both his own perspective and from the prospective of someone he would have to be training—like me.

This week, Nicholas Pardini joins our roster. Pardini is a professional money manager and financial analyst, who has written for the Seeking Alpha website, as well as other venues. This week, Pardini explains how the Federal Reserve debases our currency in his article "The Dangers of the Federal Reserve."

We are also joined by a new friend and contributor David Adams, the president of the Washington Chapter of the Society of the Third Infantry Division. Adams, who rose to the rank of Captain during his service in the Vietnam War and the Cold War, writes about our WWII landings on the south of France, Operation Dragoon. This operation is often called the Forgotten D-Day, and was a major part of the success of the Normandy invasion because it opened up a second front. There will be ceremonies Aug. 4-7 commemorating Operation Dragoon in Washington, D.C.

This edition is so chock full of great articles—a better e-newsletter, a millionaire's money couldn't buy!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=44910
Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #2331
WyGuy
Boiler Up!

First Name: Mike
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
WyGuy will become famous soon enoughWyGuy will become famous soon enough

My new Sig came in today, love the way the grip feels. Hopefully it cools down this weekend so I can spend some time at the range!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #2332
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Hal, Lapua is about as good as you can get, but depending on what your needs are Black Hills or Federal Gold Match may work just fine. If you want to push your loads hard get the Lapua!

Old 07-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #2333
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

^^ No doubt! Funny but true........

Picked up a few boxes of unprimed Hornady Match brass to reload. Managed to load two different batches of twenty five rounds so far. Still waiting for my rifle to be done and it's driving me crazy that I still have not gotten to shoot it yet.

In the end I took my reload "kit" back and bought the components separate. Yeah, it cost a lot more in the end but I got some upgraded things that the kit doesn't offer. The electric powder measuring system is wicked cool.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #2334
baddevildog82

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Anyone see anything wrong with this picture???]
LMAO! I can't believe that error was allowed to be printed.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:45 PM   #2335
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Washington’s Gun Dean in a July 25 interview said the lesson to be learned from the July 22 massacre in Norway is that strict gun control leaves unarmed citizens helpless before a mad gunman.

"The recent mass murder in Oslo, Norway demonstrates that decent citizens need to be able to acquire and use firearms for the defense of their lives and the lives of their loved ones,” said John M. Snyder, the senior gun rights advocate in the nation’s capital and a founding member of The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Snyder, who operates the website www.GunRightsPolicies.org , said, "The message is clear. Gun laws do not stop mass murder. Citizens armed with guns do. Guns save lives.”

"When Anders Brevik allegedly murdered nearly 100 civilians, he used an automatic firearm, according to a police reports, even though the civilian acquisition and possession of such arms are prohibited in Norway, which generally has restrictive firearms laws," Snyder said.

After the reports to police of the killing rampage, it took an hour and a half for law enforcement officials to arrive at the scene. Brevik apparently continued the killing spree until he ran out of ammunition, he said.

"What all this tells us is that the strict Norwegian gun control laws did not prevent the mass murder," Snyder said. "They did make it virtually impossible for a prospective armed Norwegian legally to have the gun which he or she could have used to take down the violent criminal perpetrator anytime during the 90-minute horror."

Other incidents indicate the same truth about citizens and guns.

A couple of years ago, on November 11, 2009, Maj. Nidal Malik Hassan allegedly killed 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas and wounded many others before being stopped heroically by local police, he said.

Even though this occurred at a military base, service men and women were prevented from having the guns they could have used to stop Hassan because of a Clinton-era policy preventing American military personnel from being armed at bases in the United States, he said.

On April 16, 2007, Seung-Hui Cho murdered 32 people and then himself at Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Even though the Commonwealth of Virginia has a law allowing individuals with a state-issued permit to carry a concealed firearm, VA Tech policy prohibits professors and students from carrying guns on campus even if they have such a permit. The policy did not stop Cho, but it did prevent anyone from being able legally to stop Cho.

Just last fall, the Al-Qaeda linked Internet magazine Inspire encouraged lone wolf militant Islamist terrorists to go into restaurants in downtown Washington, D.C. during the lunch hour, and fire away at diners in the hopes of killing a number of people, including federal employees. Washington, D.C. prohibits even law-abiding citizens from carrying firearms. The powers-that-be there render law-abiding citizens defenseless in the face of a potential mass-murdering terrorist.

Contrast these incidents with the January 16, 2002 incident at the Appalachian Law School in Grundy, Virginia when two students with guns stopped what could have been a mass murder when they tackled a culprit after he had killed three people.

Consider, too, the October 1, 1997 incident in Pearl, Mississippi, when an assistant principal at a high school went to his car, got his gun and shot the murderer of two students.

Recall the April 24, 1998 time in Edinboro, Pennsylvania when a bystander pointed a shotgun at the murderer of a teacher when he stopped to reload.

"As a matter of fact, citizens with guns stop crime two and a half million times a year, according to Professor Gary Kleck, Ph.D. of the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Florida State University in Tallahassee."

"Fortunately, federal legislators are beginning to realize that guns can be used to stop crime. Over 240 Congressmen have cosponsored H.R. 822, the proposed National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 by Rep. Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., he said. "H.R. 822 would allow people with permits to carry concealed firearms issued by a state to carry in other states. Sen. John Thune, R-S.D., has committed to introduce a national reciprocity bill in the near future, too.

"The word is getting around. Gun laws do not stop crime. Citizens with guns do. Guns save lives. Support national right to carry reciprocity,” the Gun Dean said.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #2336
Tyler

This makes me want to go get a handgun. My father owns about 3 or 4 so I might just talk him into taking them to the range with me or something.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #2337
Cigarcop
Wishin I Was Fishin

Trading: (40)
HdM
Cigarcop has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post

Not near $5 bucks if you reload,....... maybe $1.35

Old 08-02-2011, 07:41 AM   #2338
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

^^^ Now that's badazz!
Old 08-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #2339
nosdog2

Cigarcop, amazing setup, both the reloading room and the rifle.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #2340
thechrisdotcom

Trading: (2)
thechrisdotcom has disabled reputation

I won this golf bag at a cigar event...I don't golf. So I put it to good use for something else.

Closed Thread