Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 02-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #341
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Re: Modern Warfare 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I always thought they should introduce a rating system into COD that would be more true. Something that would combine KDR & Score Per Minute for TDM? It is easy for me to sit back and get a few kills with little to no deaths but to have a high KDR and a high SPM combined would be a better gauge of how good a player is IMO.
You've never watched ucubed play then

There's no "sitting back" about his playing style at all
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #342
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

First Name: SD
Trading: (52)
RA
Blak Smyth has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce13 View Post
Have you guys played infected yet? I am obsessed. It is such a cool gametype. It has been on Halo for awhile, but just made it to COD.
I played two games and did well on the first one and had fun.
On the second game I was infected by a throwing knife right away and spent the rest of the game running into a corner of the map that the survivors held down and it was imposible to get to them. It was rediculous. Killed the game type for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX View Post
You've never watched ucubed play then

There's no "sitting back" about his playing style at all
Yah sorry, I wasn't saying he isn't good. I wasn't trying to comment on him at all. I was talking about how KDR is perceived and that it isn't a realistic stat to determine somebodys skill. I wasn't trying to say he isn't good, sorry if it came off that way.
he would prolly score sky high on my suggested rating system then and it would be a better gauge I believe.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #343
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

I played a bit last night and did absolute sh*te. Usually I do fairly well but I was having an off night. Kept getting killed by a 3 man run-n-gun team that attacked simultaneously from different directions. Ugh
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #344
macsauce13
Have My Own Room

First Name: McKenzie
Trading: (38)
macsauce13 has a spectacular aura aboutmacsauce13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I played two games and did well on the first one and had fun.
On the second game I was infected by a throwing knife right away and spent the rest of the game running into a corner of the map that the survivors held down and it was imposible to get to them. It was rediculous. Killed the game type for me.
Play again. They have eliminated the throwing knives, and have added different guns. LOT OF FUN!
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #345
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsauce13 View Post
Play again. They have eliminated the throwing knives, and have added different guns. LOT OF FUN!
Yah but they can still just camp a corner and kill you before you can get into kill range so I don't think I would enjoy that.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #346
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

My sig from a COD forum, thought I would share. I am never on there anymore though:
Old 02-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #347
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Very cool

I can't wait for the new maps to finally come out on PS3
Old 02-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #348
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Very cool

I can't wait for the new maps to finally come out on PS3
Oh man that sucks, I forgot you don't have them yet.
I really like both maps. Alot of snipers in the central park one but many other routes to get to them so it plays well and is balanced. The one in Italy is a great CQC map, great for Run'n'gun style.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #349
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

The one in Italy is the one I'm most looking forward to so far because of the multiple levels of the map. Having a 3-4 tiered map is something I really haven't experienced since I started playing COD when MW2 came out. I'm on my 2nd prestige in the 20's right now so hopefully I'll have unlocked my RSASS by the time the maps come out on PS3
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #350
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
The one in Italy is the one I'm most looking forward to so far because of the multiple levels of the map. Having a 3-4 tiered map is something I really haven't experienced since I started playing COD when MW2 came out. I'm on my 2nd prestige in the 20's right now so hopefully I'll have unlocked my RSASS by the time the maps come out on PS3
Yah it is mt favorite out of the two. I love jump off a level while killing somebody below me.
I think we are at the same exact spot in prestige.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #351
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Sweet! Good to know

I used my first prestige coin from Black Ops to unlock the custom title and emblem. First prestige coin I unlocked the ACR for use and the 2nd prestige I used for the Claymore. Third time around I'll unlock the RSASS. Unsure after that. Probably Assassin.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #352
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
Sweet! Good to know

I used my first prestige coin from Black Ops to unlock the custom title and emblem. First prestige coin I unlocked the ACR for use and the 2nd prestige I used for the Claymore. Third time around I'll unlock the RSASS. Unsure after that. Probably Assassin.
I unlocked MK14, PP90 & Assasin so far.
I will prolly unlock the Portable Radar next.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #353
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

I just can't get used to the portable radar. I tried using it for a bit but never really got the feel of it. Maybe I'm using it wrong LOL.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #354
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Quote:
I just can't get used to the portable radar. I tried using it for a bit but never really got the feel of it. Maybe I'm using it wrong LOL.
The nice thing about it is if your whole team uses them and spreads them out correct you can cover most of the map. Yours works for everybody not just you. I also really like the trophy system when I am on defense but the portable radar isn't unlocked until level 77 so it is worth unlocking I think.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #355
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
This is something I often wondered about. Why are all maps either 1 or two stories high? I mean the buildings often are taller but you can't actually access areas above the second floor. I think more of that third dimension would improve gameplay. It would be ad advantage for snipers, but not if there were other perchs that could help keep them in check.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #356
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

BTW, I too was on last night. I made a discovery not long ago that my TV settings were causing input lag. Meaning all my movements would be delayed by about 200 ms. They happened in realtime but weren't reflected on my TV until 200 ms later. I was also seeing enemy movements 200 ms after they happend. I know it sounds like no big deal but it's often the difference between killing or getting killed. Anyway, last night was my first time back on since I've corrected it. What a huge difference. I had multiple positive KDRs last night. I know that doesn't mean much for many of you, but it's a huge thing for me. Of course my parade got rained on when my internet connection crapped out.

Last edited by 357; 02-08-2012 at 11:31 AM.
357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #357
JohnnyKay5
Armed Forces Tumbleweed

Trading: (22)
Partagas Army (Active)
JohnnyKay5 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyKay5 has a spectacular aura about

Just hopped on MW3. I dont have the patience to play with people i dont know, especially since theres no team work. Just started playing with a guy from my unit and his buddies since my friend list is 11 and 9/10 of them are never on (people got kids and dont play or are deployed.)

Got my K/D around 1 right now. half the time I'm at 17-20 kills with 8-10 deaths, others i'm 9/15.

Not a big hardcore fan but anything else is good if i'm playing with people that actually talk.

When our party gets too big for TDM we usually fire up an infected game.

Survivors have a 1887 shotty and a magnum. Infected will usually start with a shot gun or SMG. After the first kill infected only have throwing and tactical knives. It a good format. We always play on Dome.

Anyone looking to play on Xbox - GT: JohnnyKay5

HIGH FIVE!
JohnnyKay5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #358
Blak Smyth
Think Blue!

RA

Failure! Sorry.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #359
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
The nice thing about it is if your whole team uses them and spreads them out correct you can cover most of the map. Yours works for everybody not just you. I also really like the trophy system when I am on defense but the portable radar isn't unlocked until level 77 so it is worth unlocking I think.
When I play with my team you'll have a guarantee of at least 3 portable radars up in choke spots. Portable radar is pretty decent if most of the players don't use assassin on the other team. You just need the radar on your far end and defend the area in front of you. You can also use a bouncing betty or claymore around another entrance of where you are so you have time to react. Using these in conjunction with portable radar is fantastic!. I used my tokens to unlock ACR, Portable Radar, Assassin, and Claymore. I need to unlock Scavenger next because not dying means I don't have any ammo =P
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #360
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
My sig from a COD forum, thought I would share. I am never on there anymore though:
Which forum is that?
I frequent mw3forum.com a lot, but most of the recent posts are just bickering and whining about akimbos, quickscoping, op, nerfed, boosting, and hackers.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote