Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough
Default Multiple Sclerosis?

First let me reintroduce myself, I was active quite a bit a few years ago but sort of just tailed off for a number of reasons.

Still enjoying a good smoke whenever I can, it is still one of the most relaxing things in my life when I can sit outback with the dog and have an hour or so of peace.

I used to prefer to have that smoke while walking my best friend Bunker the brittany (hence the screen name).

As you may have guessed from the title of this post that isn't as easy as it used to be.

I was diagnosed in February, and have been battling to stay active and deal with things as they come.

I can still walk but not as much as I would like, and walking Bunker has unfortunately become only an occassional thing instead of a twice daily event. I managed to do so this morning but am already paying for it.

This post isn't intended to garner sympathy, but as I travel through this disease it seems everyone I meet either has a friend or family member that has been touched by MS.

I tried to get involved with the various MS forums out there but soon found that there wasn't much in common with anyone beyond the affliction.

So I figured why not try the places I have been before.

Any other cigar lovers out there touched by MS?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Multiple Sclerosis?

Hi Rick, wishing you the best in battling your disease.

My step-mom (married to my Dad for 40 years) has MS, as does one of my good female friends. My friend was diagnosed about 14 years ago, and has gotten married, had two children and continues to be pretty active abd stay positive. She did have to leave her job as a police officer, but she still works a 40 hour week in another profession now. She is an inspiration.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

My daughter-in-law was just diagnosed with MS, at age 32. I'm hoping and praying it moves slowly for both you and her.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Rick - I wish you the best and that the MS moves extremely slow.
Tim -sorry to hear about your daughter-in -law.

My mom has been diagnosed with MS since around 1986. It has, thankfully, been a slow decline for her. She has multiple issues from the disease, but still tries her best every day. There were about five or so women in my neighborhood that had MS at the same time, two of them (including my mom) are still alive. It's not an easy disease to deal with, but there is a ton of new innovations in medicine that can help out.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

Prayers Rick, I wish you nothing but the best!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

My Grandpa had MS.
I was diagnosed with MS, but I forced some new mri's with dye and found I was misdiagnosed. Then diagnosed with something else in the wheelhouse.
All you can do is doctor a lot, eat all the meds, and keep on keepin' on, brother.
Lots and lots of praying helps, too.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Thoughts and prayers for you Rick.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #8
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the thoughts everyone and all the best to your Daughter-in-law Tim.