Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (84)
lbowles2 will become famous soon enough
Default Taking the plunge and ordering an Aristocrat

I posted this on another forum but wanted to post it here as well to hopefully get more feedback for the questions below.

I am taking the plunge and ordering an Aristocrat. In fact I talked to Bob on Friday and ordered a Mini Tall with
set & forget. I may move up to either a Plus, Plus 48 or an M though because I was counting up the boxes that
I have ordered lately and ones I'm planning on ordering and have concluded the the Mini will already be full. I like
the M but it doesn't fit where I really wanted to put it so the chances are good I will end up with the Plus or Plus48.

And now a couple of questions...
1. Those of you with the Plus how many singles can you fit in the drawer? The site quotes 2-300 but that's a pretty big range.
2. Do you peoples with the set and forget system use beads along with it to bring down RH? Or do you find that it's not necessary?
Old 04-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

Default Re: Taking the plunge and ordering an Aristocrat

I decided to go the with the Aristocrat M cabinet... I'll just have to find somewhere else for it than where I
intended. I just think the space that is there is more usable. To me a drawback of the pullout shelves in the
Plus is that you can't stack boxes against the sides. In the 17" deep M you can and they are shallow enough
not to need pull outs. At least that's what I think anyway... :thumbsup:
Old 04-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Congrats man! I'll buy one someday, haha. Post a bunch of pics when it comes in!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

Someday i'll win the lottery and I can afford one of these lol.

I love the Aristocrats.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
stevieray
Just slacking off

First Name: Steve
Trading: (42)
Bolivar
stevieray has disabled reputation

I have a Plus 48 with one singles drawer. Just took a quick count and I have about 220 singles and 51 boxes. I have room for more boxes but the singles drawer is pretty full. It all depends on how you stack your boxes and singles.

I have never used beads with the set and forget and haven't had any issues with maintaining a steady RH.

Pull out shelves are the greatest thing. I had to be talked into ordering them but don't regret it at all. I have boxes stacked 3 deep and it makes it so much easier to access them by just pulling the drawer out. I lose 1 inch on each side of the cabinet for the sliding shelf tracks but that 1 inch also allows for better circulation in the cabinet.

Good luck with your cabinet.

Steve

Last edited by stevieray; 04-16-2012 at 02:26 PM.
stevieray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
fricky

I prefer pullout drawers. I only use the set and foget in mine and it is very consistent. It is a great humidor and Bob is a great person to deal with.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
nick2021
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (17)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
nick2021 is on a distinguished road

I did the same thing you did about a year ago...except I started off with a Plus 48 then ended up moving up to an MxT for the exact reasons you stated. It's jam-packed full right now. See photos below...that's when I first got it and it filled up quickly so you're doing the right thing by going bigger. I wouldn't worry about beads...for the first 3 months or so you're going to go crazy as the humidity will fluctuate from top to bottom. I put beads in my cabinet initially but ended up taking them out. At the top, humidity read 65%, middle 67%, bottom 69-70%...temp remains steady at about 68 degrees (have A/C in my house). I simply arrange my cigars accordingly as some do better at lower humidity compared to others at higher...congrats on your decision to buy one of bob's humidors! You'll be quite happy....just don't stress over the humidity fluctuations

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowles2 View Post
I posted this on another forum but wanted to post it here as well to hopefully get more feedback for the questions below.

I am taking the plunge and ordering an Aristocrat. In fact I talked to Bob on Friday and ordered a Mini Tall with
set & forget. I may move up to either a Plus, Plus 48 or an M though because I was counting up the boxes that
I have ordered lately and ones I'm planning on ordering and have concluded the the Mini will already be full. I like
the M but it doesn't fit where I really wanted to put it so the chances are good I will end up with the Plus or Plus48.

And now a couple of questions...
1. Those of you with the Plus how many singles can you fit in the drawer? The site quotes 2-300 but that's a pretty big range.
2. Do you peoples with the set and forget system use beads along with it to bring down RH? Or do you find that it's not necessary?

Last edited by nick2021; 04-17-2012 at 08:14 PM.
nick2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Damn you guys are ballers!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
lbowles2
Luv me some broadleaf!!

I was premature in saying that I was getting an Aristocrat... I'm not getting the cabinet from Bob but I did
get his set & forget system. It will be here tomorrow.

As for the cabinet I was going to have my Uncle build one for me but that has fallen through. Instead I just
ordered an Olde English tower humidor for a good price. It actually fits where I wanted to put it better than
the cabinets that I could afford from Bob and it should be pretty nice with the set & forget system in it. I
know the Aristocrat cabs are nicer but what I wanted just wasn't in my budget. Below is a pic of what I'm getting.