Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 12-04-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
DougBushBC

Default The Elitst Irish

Not that it needs to be said but how ridic is it that the Irish ditched the bowl game, AGAIN? Only Notre Dame turns down bowlgames, and only Notre Dame does it becasue they think they are too good for it. They need money right now cause they have to give charlie and his cholate factory 18milion for his buyout merely because they made the terrible mistake of giving him a huge contract after 1/2 a good season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4713316

GOD I HATE THEM....
Old 12-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Elitst Irish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
Not that it needs to be said but how ridic is it that the Irish ditched the bowl game, AGAIN? Only Notre Dame turns down bowlgames, and only Notre Dame does it becasue they think they are too good for it. They need money right now cause they have to give charlie and his cholate factory 18milion for his buyout merely because they made the terrible mistake of giving him a huge contract after 1/2 a good season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4713316

GOD I HATE THEM....
They fired the head coach.. and the coach prolly said "F it.. deal with it yourselves."

What's more embarrassing? ND declining a bowl or showing up to a bowl without a head coach

Either way, I agree with you. Fiesta Bowl 2001 was absolute bliss.
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

How SHOULD they even get a bowl game with their record?? WTF??
Old 12-05-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
DougBushBC

6-6 is technically bowl elligible... TECHNICALLY
Old 12-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
6-6 is technically bowl elligible... TECHNICALLY
While I hear ya Doug...there are plenty of other teams that had a FAR better year than the Irish. Tipton Tech just doesn't draw the fan base that Notre Dame does...IMHO this is what is wrong with college football.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
DougBushBC

You know what is ridiculous to me in the same vein? That the Gator Bowl is trying to find a way to meander a 6-6 FSU into their game instead of: 8-5 Clemson (ACC Champ Game Loser), 9-3 VaTech, 9-3 Miami, 8-4 North Carolina, and 8-4 Boston College.

What is the prblem here!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:46 AM   #7
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

FSU must travel well, they want to put a$$'s in the seats and spend a lot of money in the area?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
mugwump
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
RyJ Navy (Served With Honor)
mugwump is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
FSU must travel well, they want to put a$$'s in the seats and spend a lot of money in the area?
It's all part of the big Bobby Bowden send-off. Just be glad that his team isn't in the national title hunt like Nebraska was in Tom Osborne's last year or the press would likely name them national champs whether they deserved it or not as a nice parting gift. I suppose we can look forward to more of the same when Joe Paterno finally leaves Penn State although I suspect he'll be dead when that happens.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #9
coastietech

The BCS is a joke and if FSU get into any bowl game in FL it will prove that the only thing that matters in the BCS is whether they can fill the stadium.

It's a joke. College football as a whole is one big joke and the BCS is the punchline.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
DougBushBC

Ah amazing, FSU gets the Gator Bowl vs West Va (Bobby's old school) that means that 5 teams with better records than FSU in the ACC get moved down one spot each just to make Bobby happy. LAME
Old 12-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #11
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation