Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-28-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Falto Invicto

Tabacalera Falto is a cigar factory on Puerto Rico, which was founded in 1995 by Luis Falto. I got in touch with Luis and he gave me a large sample of his cigars for me to review. Today I'll be reviewing the Falto Invicto, a 6¼x52 torpedo with a Dominican corojo wrapper, a Domincan binder and Dominican filler, which makes it a Dominican puro, even though it is made in Puerto Rico.

The cigar has a beautiful band and a nice, dark & oily wrapper with a couple of big veins. The construction of this cigar feels good and I notice that the wrapper feels a bit silky. The predraw is fine and I taste some pepper on my lips and the back of my throat.

I taste a smooth coffee with some spices and wood. After half an inch I also taste a sugar like sweetness in the aftertaste. After ¾ of an inch I taste herbs, spices and toasted wood. The coffee and sugar have disappeared. I think I even tasted a little cinnamon.

After a third I also taste some black pepper with the spices, the herbs and toasted wood and earthy flavors. The flavors are all well balanced, none of them overpower the others. After two thirds these flavors get company from a herbal, minty freshness.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. I didn't like the amount and thickness of the cigar in the beginning, there could have been more and it could have been thicker, but it got much better after a while. The draw was great. The dark ash is firm. This cigar is medium to full flavored and medium bodied.

]

Would I buy this cigar again? I would love to

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 11-28-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Falto Invicto

Nice review...glad you enjoyed this stick.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
ylo2na

Again, outstanding review. Since my significant other is from Puerto Rico and still has family there, I am going to have to visit this smoke. Nice...sweet!
Ylo2na
ps you still could use a stogienubber. Did Kevin ever get in touch with you? If he hasnt, tell me where I can send you one for your review.
Best,
Chuck
Carlitos Stogie Nubber
ylo2na
Old 11-28-2010, 06:03 AM   #4
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Hi Chuck, no word from Kevin. I will send you a pm with addy info. Too bad you didn't have a chance to come to the herf with Big Ash, Little Ash, Wolfgang, Issues and me when Keith, Steve and I were in town a few weeks ago.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #5
timo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (0)
timo will become famous soon enough

Can you buy these in the USA? Their website is down

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics
timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
bishjd123
Have a Smoke and a Smile

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (16)
bishjd123 is on a distinguished road

I was thinking the same thing this morning. I did a google search and found a couple of shops in the US that carry them.
bishjd123 is offline   Reply With Quote