Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #721
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: MLB 2012 Thread

Giants firmly in the driver's seat. Outpitched again, masterful job by their staff.

I am a Tigers fan 'til the end, and still hold out hope that home cooking turns this around...but I know 4 out of 5 from a good team on a roll is a longshot.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #722
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Brutal to watch. Every last bounce, roll, and call is going the Giant's way. Fister pitched well despite taking that hit off the noggin that landed in center field. Think about how hard it had to hit to still have enough momentum to carry all the way into center. Man that had to hurt.

Anyway, still clinging to hope. The Tigers record was fantastic at home this year. Those bats better wake up. For the life of me I dont get why Dirks isn't in the lineup. I get R-L thing but Dirks has proven all season he can hit lefties. Garcia didn't give them anything through the first 2.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #723
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Bottom line...the Tigers just haven't hit the ball.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #724
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Brutal to watch. Every last bounce, roll, and call is going the Giant's way. Fister pitched well despite taking that hit off the noggin that landed in center field. Think about how hard it had to hit to still have enough momentum to carry all the way into center. Man that had to hurt.

Anyway, still clinging to hope. The Tigers record was fantastic at home this year. Those bats better wake up. For the life of me I dont get why Dirks isn't in the lineup. I get R-L thing but Dirks has proven all season he can hit lefties. Garcia didn't give them anything through the first 2.
lol.
Every last bounce call and roll? This implies these games were close and could have gone either way. As to bounce in game 1 you got that two run fortunate bounce off the glove. It was a mistake to put the rookie in and he gave up 2. That game was 8-1 in reality. The tigers and your ace got destroyed in game 1. Destroyed did you miss the Panda taking your ace behind the wood shed? I have yet to see any questionable calls which could have gone either way. Fielder was out. Replay is very clear.

How about the Tigers start hitting the ball? How many hits did the Tigers have last night against a pitcher that had been benched?

How about in a 0-0 game you make the play at the plate to keep it 0-0. Not make the double play because your thinking your just going to magically start hitting.

You sound like that nightengale guy who is eating his hat. The Tigers have been out hit, out pitched, out coached. To say its coming down to bounces rolls and calls is such Crap.
http://www.freep.com/article/2012102...s-world-series
Old 10-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #725
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Bottom line...the Tigers just haven't hit the ball.
The Giants pitching has been purty darn good.

SJ Mike, pour a little more lemon juice in our paper cuts, why don't ya?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #726
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Game 1 hit goes off third base, which would have ended the inning. End result 3 more runs scored in that inning.

Game 2 the bunt that rolled along the line spinning and stayed fair. The calls have been great. Replay proved that. My only complaint there is the strike zone is strangely small, especially east/west when Tigers are pitching. Giants are getting the outside pitch called for a strike consistently where the Tigs aren't. It's not the reason for the 2-0 lead but it contributes.

I'm not complaining or making excuses. My point is EVERYTHING is going the Giant's way. Panda had 12 HR in 162 games then hits 3 in WS-Game1. I wouldn't have expected that if I was pitching. Heck he chipped the third one over the wall like he had a pitching wedge in his hand. Unreal.

Prince was out at home thanks to a terrible slide. Get outside the baseline when the catcher is setup insidem OR, hit the plate with your front foot and you'd have been safe. The only slides I've seen worse were by Delmon Young during the season where BOTH feet missed the bag.

Point taken about hitting a bad pitcher. All year it seems pitchers who were struggling magically right the ship against the Tigers. Bum was just the latest. What was his postseason ERA coming in 11.5? JV's was 0.74 and he gets beat up for 5 runs. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #727
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
The Giants pitching has been purty darn good.

SJ Mike, pour a little more lemon juice in our paper cuts, why don't ya?
Sorry mang. I just have watched the national media crap on the Giants even after game 1. Then now instead of saying the Giants Pitchers are just dealing filth I see a lot of "the Tigers are beating themselves" crap. It gets tired with the OOOO if not for this or that. Baseball is the ultimate game of skill and luck. That said its also about matchups. The Tigers stats were exaggerated to an extent playing in the worse division in the whole league. Given now that the #1 and #2 pitchers of the Giants are going against the #3 and #4 pitchers of the Tigers, I like the Giants chances to take one of the next 2 or possibly both. Unless they Pitch JV on short rest. The National media thinks the Tigers can all still magically start hitting. The Giants faced Pitchers like the Tigers in the last series, no ones mentioning that. The Tigers faced a horrible pitching line up against the Yankees. The Giants staff is very different and better then the Yankees. This is all so familiar to the Giants Rangers series. The old they are a joke they have no chance. They will get out pitched and hit.

It also drives me nuts that everyone is saying how great this team is. They managed just 88 wins in the worse division in baseball. Put them in the West or the East and they dont even make the dance. It just makes a lot of us out here shake our heads.

Rant over.

As to last night.

Got Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!!

Edit I take Boch as the better skipper also.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #728
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Tigers are great on paper. I would be the first to agree that they underperformed this regular season, Mike. Their starting pitching was amazing in the ALDS and ALCS and gave fans a glimpse of what could be.

I have given kudos to the Giants pitching since right after Game 1, and said the Tigers were outpitched in Game 2 as well. I could give a f*** what the national media says, they're 67% wrong 80% of the time.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #729
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Agreed on that. Not just baseball, but hockey as well.

All that said I am going to be bored as hell when the series is over. Not a football guy and without hockey lifes going to be boring.

I would just like to state that I am in no way saying the series is over. If the Tigers do get hot I think they can still take it 7 and maybe even come back. I really do think pitching is pretty even on both sides. I will say I think this is the first of the post season series that the Tigers have faced a legitamate pitching staff. Even though Kane is the #1 he has not had an easy go this post season and has walked the tightrope a lot. Both the Giants next two startes are better then the last two though. So the Tigers will need to get hot against better pitchers then they have seen. With Timmy coming out of the bullpen also its not going to be easy to get hot.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #730
BC-Axeman

Giants need to win one of the next four, Tigers need to win four of the next four.
The Giants are just playing the way they always play. It seems to be working.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #731
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Wow timely shot by Posey.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #732
ChicagoWhiteSox

And lights out, Congrats to the SF Giants!!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:53 PM   #733
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #734
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Wow triple crown winner strikes out with bat on his shoulder. Didn't expect a sweep.

In the words of BW

Got Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #735
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Champs once again!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #736
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

change your damn avatar greg
Old 10-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #737
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Haha I will once I get to a legit computer. I only have a itouch at home

GIANTS BABY ! ! !
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #738
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

We going to the parade?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #739
Remo
C.I.A

Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Can't believe they swept!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #740
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Closed Thread