Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-03-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default More Cigar Bands

As I noted in another thread I like bands. I like to label when I buy smokes in order to track age and I always try to label the gift/bomb smokes. When I smoke it I try to comment back to the gifter.

In the past I have used the type sold at cigar places on the web. The band size is a touch small for my hand writing the the gum is almost non existent. I always have to use tape to hold it on. That scares me cuz if it hits the wrapper - the stick is F'ed.

So, I found these the other day:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/cigars/i...rch=cigar&st=s

I ordered the buckle style because it's the biggest and looks good. They come 16 to a page and work in a deskjet or a inkjet printer. At .08 a label, maybe not for you high volume guys but I'm liking them. They gave me one month free to use they javascript type interface label maker online. Once created it saves down to your PC as a pdf file. Dan was the first to get some of mine. Here is an example of how they turned out. The band glue is much stickier and worked well. I need to try it on a White Owl to see if it will effect the wrapper should it touch.

http://hardcz.net/dan/cigar/IMG_0073.JPG