Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #81
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Sorry fellers, I have been less than obnoxious owing to my being in Concord, NC for an entire week and AFK.
I was reading some online facts n figgers and read this.....West Virginia goes into the game averaging 42.0 points
and 435 yards of offense per game. LSU's defense is allowing just 12.0 points, 47.7 rushing yards and 207.7 total
yards per game.

Hehe, they WERE averaging 42 pernts a game, lol. Now I am not thinking that LSU is gonna walk into Morgantown
and just have their way all day, but I am feeling pretty good now that we are on an actual one QB system down in
Baton Rouge, NO MATTER the young man's previous history. And this is a GREAT year to have a so-so QB in the SEC,
cause almost no one's got anything better. So yeah, I see another W for the tigers. Hope we steal it from "W"VU.

Good luck BAMA, beat the Hogs.
Gotta tell ya, Brad, I'm putting this game as my money play of the week. WVU, in my opinion, will be as small as Oregon was against LSU but not as fast.
I think the bayou bengals roll*.

*Notice how I added a little Tide diction in there for ya? I thought so.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #82
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

We'll see if my Mighty Mighty Gamecocks can break the Vandy curse. They LOVE to lose that game for some reason.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #83
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
We'll see if my Mighty Mighty Gamecocks can break the Vandy curse. They LOVE to lose that game for some reason.
My Gators have a lot of questions left to answer (like our passing attack) but I think the East is wide open this year. Chris Rainey is playing in the same class as Lattimore and Brantley doesn't have to do too much to be as good as Garcia
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #84
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
My Gators have a lot of questions left to answer (like our passing attack) but I think the East is wide open this year. Chris Rainey is playing in the same class as Lattimore and Brantley doesn't have to do too much to be as good as Garcia
But its not in the swamp this year.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #85
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
But its not in the swamp this year.
That is true, it'll come down to turnovers as always with big games
Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #86
ir13
PSHC - T1nyH@

Trading: (44)
HUpmann
ir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the roughir13 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
That is true, it'll come down to turnovers as always with big games
True, but i think the East is ours to lose, and the only people that can kill themselves are the Gamecocks.

We shall see how they look against Vandy bc we have Auburn next week and thats not going to be a cakewalk.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:17 PM   #87
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Is Vandy in the East? I guess I could LOOK but that would not be social.
Rizz, I think you have it about right. I have always been a homer for the Tigers, making whatever statements
I had to make to see if I could will them to victory. But this team looks extremely capable of bending time
and space around themselves to alter the course of events. Defensively anyway, lol. But the offense is at full
strength this week, and we have our Aussie Punter back healthy. Again, I am not about to write off WVU, but this
one should be in the sack. GO F'ing Tigers!

And no worries....my secret crush has always been the Crimson Tide. I just happen to be a LSU fan, so
I cannot pull for them one week a year. It's BAMA that I think has a tough road this week. They might
have the best O Line in the USA, but something tells me that if they get behind late, it could be over for
em. Arkanasas MIGHT have the best wide receiver corps in the USA, so....
But I am pumped I get to watch both games on Saturday. WHO, DADDY, I best be smokin' my meat early
on Sadd-deey, cause I am in a CHAIR for about 8 hours straight.

Last edited by OLS; 09-23-2011 at 01:26 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #88
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Yes, Vandy is in the East.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #89
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I think I am going to just start calling Ole Miss "Miss". I swear they are their own worst enemy. They can't tackle,
can't sustain momentum, and waste gadget plays that work brilliantly. On the other hand, the UGA Bulldogs appear
to have righted the ship. And to think GGainey just gave up on em. Wait, he said he was ALMOST giving up, I forgot.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #90
Powers

Bolivar

Never underestimate the stupidity of Houston Nutt. Don't worry, UGA is still crap this season
Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #91
OLS
Suck It

HO-lee crap, that was not good. A win is a win, but it looks like someone can simply watch the tape on LSU-WVU
and have a road map to whipping the tigers. Still, you gotta love the defense in general. Fast, cruel and tough.
We'll see how the Tigers do as they now look squarely into the jaws of the SEC.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #92
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Go UF
Old 09-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #93
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Go UF
Nice win for the Gators....next week will be a LOT tougher.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #94
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Nice win for the Gators....next week will be a LOT tougher.
Yes But i'll be @ the game next week Tailgating 4hrs before too
Old 09-24-2011, 11:05 PM   #95
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Yes But i'll be @ the game next week Tailgating 4hrs before too
Love the Swamp, nothing like it. Had some good tailgates there back in the day. Have fun, and try to have our boys keep pace with The Tide.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 09-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #96
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Love the Swamp, nothing like it. Had some good tailgates there back in the day. Have fun, and try to have our boys keep pace with The Tide.
10-4. Yeh it's just an amazing experience. My Parents have had season tix since i can remember. Me and the wife are going to tailgate with some of the guys from the jail and some of the guys from the street. They have a real sweet set up.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:08 AM   #97
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Well. My Gamecocks added another W, but jumping Jesus on rollerblades it was ugly. That may have been the worst game the Gamecocks have played and actually won. Garcia is killing this team. It is hard too because when he is either hot or cold. And.. it is to extremes. When he is on, he is deadly accurate and will rush it for 10+ yards if he has no pass option. If he is cold, he throws 4 INTs to a team like Vandy.

OTOH, the defense was crazy badass last night and held Vandy to just 77 yards. They have to get the QB situation under control or they will get demolished in the next few weeks ---Auburn, Miss St, Florida, Arkanasas and probably Clemson.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #98
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Should Be A Great Game! Roll, Tide!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:31 AM   #99
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Should Be A Great Game! Roll, Tide!
Chomp Chomp.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #100
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

ACC fan here but nice win for South Carolina (have a masters degree from USC). Love to see them do well.