Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default NBA Finals 2012

Lookout Oklahoma...here we come...

GO HEAT!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
BUC WHITE
Always On Vacation

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
BUC WHITE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NBA Finals 2012

They sure did look good last night. Oklahoma City does have alot of talent and a deeper bench than the heat, but the heat's three stars are superior. Heat in 6
BUC WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

OKC in 7
Old 06-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

OKC has a helluva team. I am tempted to have a friend in Vegas bet the sweep for me.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

OKC in 6!
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I don't know anything about Oklahoma City, but I do know that I can't stand Lebron James...so I am a OKC fan for the next 4 to 7 games.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
BUC WHITE
Always On Vacation

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
BUC WHITE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
OKC has a helluva team. I am tempted to have a friend in Vegas bet the sweep for me.
5 stick bet on that? No sweep
BUC WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:33 AM   #8
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Glad no bets were made here.
Seems Heat in 5, taking four straight was not a consideration.

Congrats Heat!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the Heat.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #10
ChicagoWhiteSox

"It's about damn time" - James. Such a sense of entitlement coming from the "king"
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Hope it's one and done for the self-appointed, self-annointed King.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #12
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Me too. Bosh had some pretty self centered comments as well...
Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
"It's about damn time" - James. Such a sense of entitlement coming from the "king"
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Not a die hard Heats fan here, just a South Floridian rooting for local team.
I am really not a major NBA fan given they are for the most part................well, will just keep my ill thoughts to myself.

That said, King or not, fan or not, last year, he was criticized for being a dud. This year, he responded like a true MVP and champion and truly led his team in this finals series, which is what he was expected to do.

Given the criticism, hatred and expectations for this team, I too would be a little cocky at this point. I think when he said that "It's about damn time, he was referring to his frustration trying to win a championship for nine years and said that as a spur of the moment. Don't think it referred to the Heat at all.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

As much as I wanted the Thunder to win, LeBron really showed he is the one of the best in the game. Bosh really gave them that extra they did not have in game 1 and what else is there to say about Wade.

The Heat are now the team they aspired to be and will be force for years to come.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Not a die hard Heats fan here, just a South Floridian rooting for local team.
I am really not a major NBA fan given they are for the most part................well, will just keep my ill thoughts to myself.

That said, King or not, fan or not, last year, he was criticized for being a dud. This year, he responded like a true MVP and champion and truly led his team in this finals series, which is what he was expected to do.

Given the criticism, hatred and expectations for this team, I too would be a little cocky at this point. I think when he said that "It's about damn time, he was referring to his frustration trying to win a championship for nine years and said that as a spur of the moment. Don't think it referred to the Heat at all.
Carlos, I think James was criticized last year for being a dud because he talked a lot of smack and didn't come through on it. I mean, the criticism and hatred a lot of people show towards James he brought on himself. Here's my take on when James was asked what his first thought was when he saw the clock at 0.. When he said "It's about damn time", I just thought to myself he was thinking to himself he should have had 3 or 4 Championships already, and it's about damn time he got his first.. The reason I think that is because he's always been cocky and arrogant, and had this sense of entitlement.. Just my opinion. He's a good player, but to me not GREAT. He didn't have a great game 5 to be honest. And what about Miller?? The guy was on fire last night, and really was a big part in the Heat winning last night.. I think I saw his face once during the celebration. I don't plan to turn on ESPN for the next two weeks because I know when I do the "kings" face will be all over it
Old 06-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
ChicagoWhiteSox

Can someone explain the foul called on Fisher after he got hammered by James? I have never understood the NBA rules, they don't make logical sense to me, and it's the reason I watch NBA about as serious as I watch nascar.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox View Post
Carlos, I think James was criticized last year for being a dud because he talked a lot of smack and didn't come through on it. I mean, the criticism and hatred a lot of people show towards James he brought on himself. Here's my take on when James was asked what his first thought was when he saw the clock at 0.. When he said "It's about damn time", I just thought to myself he was thinking to himself he should have had 3 or 4 Championships already, and it's about damn time he got his first.. The reason I think that is because he's always been cocky and arrogant, and had this sense of entitlement.. Just my opinion. He's a good player, but to me not GREAT. He didn't have a great game 5 to be honest. And what about Miller?? The guy was on fire last night, and really was a big part in the Heat winning last night.. I think I saw his face once during the celebration. I don't plan to turn on ESPN for the next two weeks because I know when I do the "kings" face will be all over it
I hear you.
I can tell you I certainly did not like the theatrics about who he would play for as some divine savior. However, at least for now, he backed up his crap. He will now learn how hard it is to repeat and how it really takes champions to do it. Let's see how that team responds next year. Will be interesting to see. Heck, I may even become a fan of professional basketball. OK, maybe that is truly a stretch. They are a bunch of pansies (really, really thought about something nice to say about NBA players and this is the result of my valiant best effort).
Old 06-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
ChicagoWhiteSox

lol, I follow Chicago, I like D-Rose, think he's a great kid with class. However, I still can't watch much NBA outside of some big Bulls games. I can't get over the stupid players, officials, bad calls, ect.. Some of the calls I've seen are so shocking, it crushes any little hope of me watching the NBA seriously