Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 03-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
gvarsity
still crazy

Trading: (15)
gvarsity will become famous soon enough
Default Frozen Four

Watched my Gopher hockey team avenge their loss in the final five to UND tonight and punch their ticket to the Frozen Four. Any other NCAA Hockey fans excited for the Frozen Four in Tampa. If I was single I would be buying a ticket to Florida.
gvarsity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
Mattso3000
Will ninja for beer

First Name: Matt
Trading: (20)
HdM
Mattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the roughMattso3000 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Frozen Four

Go Gophers. Huge game today.
Mattso3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Go..BC
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

It was a great weekend for the Gophers. They skated hard the entire game, unlike the previous weekend when they blew a 3 goal lead to the Sioux. They kept the foot on the gas and skated through the end of the 3rd period in both games.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Go..BC
Old 03-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Typical...
Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #7
Wanger

Like you wouldn't do the same, too.

And, if you were treated by the local fans like I have been...LOL

Seriously, though...my "friends" on facebook HAD to let my wife and I know how things went. Plus, there was all the profanity and FU's (to my face) after the Final Five game. I believe in winning and losing with class, and don't rub it in when my team wins, nor blame this that or the other thing when they lose. Yesterday, the better team won taht day. They took bad penalties and looked slow, IMO. I know plenty of Sioux fans don't have class, either, but I haven't seen it as often as I have the other way. Sorry for the rant...it's just been annoying me.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico

You're right, I would have said go BC! I understand how it can be. I was treated like that a few years ago when I took my then 13yr old to a vikings detroit game in Detroit. He was wearing his #4 jersey and I had to get into the face of grown adults who were yelling at a 13 year old kid because of his jersey. I understand what you've experienced. I am much more tolerant as I was married to a Packer fan for 17 years.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #9
Wanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
You're right, I would have said go BC! I understand how it can be. I was treated like that a few years ago when I took my then 13yr old to a vikings detroit game in Detroit. He was wearing his #4 jersey and I had to get into the face of grown adults who were yelling at a 13 year old kid because of his jersey. I understand what you've experienced. I am much more tolerant as I was married to a Packer fan for 17 years.
When will you get your sainthood?

Still...Go BC! Win 10-0.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:58 AM   #10
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

BC advances
Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #11
Wanger

I didn't watch a lot of last night's game, as I was watching the Wild. What I did watch, BC was a scary team. Took advantage of any little mistake MN made, and Milner was on fire last night. The response to the MN goal was a backbreaker. Honestly, I don't think my Sioux would have fared any better after seeing the way BC was playing. Wow! That being said, I'd love to see the new kid get a piece of the cake. It'd be a great story for Ferris St. to take it home.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
I didn't watch a lot of last night's game, as I was watching the Wild. What I did watch, BC was a scary team. Took advantage of any little mistake MN made, and Milner was on fire last night. The response to the MN goal was a backbreaker. Honestly, I don't think my Sioux would have fared any better after seeing the way BC was playing. Wow! That being said, I'd love to see the new kid get a piece of the cake. It'd be a great story for Ferris St. to take it home.
I think that is a perfect assessment of last night's game. BC was big, athletic, and very opportunistic. It seems like every mistake created a goal for BC. Parker has really put together something special.
Having said that, I do have to pull for the under(bull)dog. Although I would frankly be shocked if BC doesn't win by 3 or more goals.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Go Ferris State! My step-sis went there for a couple years. Small school on the west side of Michigan.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #14
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
I think that is a perfect assessment of last night's game. BC was big, athletic, and very opportunistic. It seems like every mistake created a goal for BC. Parker has really put together something special.
Having said that, I do have to pull for the under(bull)dog. Although I would frankly be shocked if BC doesn't win by 3 or more goals.
Just one minor correction to this post; Jack Parker is the coach of Boston University while Jerry York is the coach of Boston College. They have both installed and run amazing programs for a long time. It can get confusing when we have 2 schools with very similar names. Hope that Jerry gets another one tonight.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

Diplomatico

Great point. I meant York. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Congrats to Boston College for their Hockey title tonight. One can only hope that this is the first of 2 hockey championships for Boston this year. I was very impressed with the Ferris State team. Excellent program that will only get better.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #17
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Go Ferris State! My step-sis went there for a couple years. Small school on the west side of Michigan.
I feel bad for her.

The hockey players from Ferris are a bunch of douche bags. I used to live 25 minutes South of Ferris State.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
DPD6030
Shepard of the sheeple

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (151)
Partagas
DPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud ofDPD6030 has much to be proud of

Watched the final in the Frozen Four as I'm a Bulldog. Good game even though FSU lost.
DPD6030 is offline   Reply With Quote