Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #81
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and TGIF!!!! This week seemed like it dragged on forever filled with meetings and all. Anyway, we had a great time last night at Schlesinger's with a full house of the Thursday night crowd. We discussed the upcoming CigarFest 2009 and made preliminary plans in reference to which pre and after parties we maybe checking out as well as accomodations. Here is the link to this year's CigarFest and to the Split Rock Resort as well:

http://cigarfest.org/

www.splitrockresort.com/

We have 3 Villas right now; each of them sleep 6 to 8 comfortably. Besides BBQing at the villa, we plan on stopping by both the Cusano Jazz Jam and the Rocky Patel parties Friday evening. As far as an after party Saturday evening, I'll be stopping by my ole' friend Jonathan Drew's Down and Dirt Party. Since it's a whole weekend event, I'm sure that we'll be stopping by the CI Super Store in Bethlehem. PA for the Sunday morning pancake breakfast prior to heading home to NY. Well, enough about CigarFest for now, I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a few of your favorites throughout it.......
Old 02-28-2009, 06:46 AM   #82
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is on.

http://www.killerbeans.com/site/home.html

Today should be a goos day filled with cigars, friends, NASCAR and more. The Yankees are on at 1300 (1pm) today on the YES channel versus the Twins and the the NASCAR Nationwide Series (old Busch Series) are on at 1630 (4:30pm) live from Las Vegas Motor Speedway on ESPN2. There's nothing better than a day full of baseball and NASCAR racing unless you can squeeze a good football game in there as well . Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoys it to the max.......
Old 03-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #83
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Exclamation Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and Happy Sunday. The coffee is on as always and for breakfast we have fresh cinnamon buns. Well, we have a Winter Storm Warning in affect for the tri-state area. Here is the precdiction for the next two days as well as the link to www.noaa.com for the next 7 days:

Today: A slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 33. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight: Snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 19. North wind between 10 and 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Monday: Snow, mainly before noon. High near 20. Wind chill values as low as zero. Blustery, with a north wind between 17 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Monday Night: A slight chance of snow showers before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -6. North wind between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield2=-74.0273

I'm 100% sure that we'll have an Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call tomorrow morning at 0400 (4am) to determine if and when to report to work at West Point:

http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherCond...SnowPolicy.htm

Anyway, today should still be a good day to get in a cigar and also watch the NASCAR race from Las Vegas. Beth will get to watch a Mets game which is scheduled to come on at 1300 (1pm) and I think they are taking on the Astros. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well.......
Old 03-02-2009, 04:43 AM   #84
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee has been on since 0330 (3:30am). We had an Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call this morning at 0400 (4am) as scheduled resulting from this current storm we are having. We did come to an agreement to call a "Code Red" closing West Point for the day because of the high winds and current snow drifts making it nearly impossible to get to work.

"WEST POINT IS CODE RED ALL DAY." Only employees in emergency positions should report to work. Employees in non-emergency positions should not report to work until their next regularly scheduled workday.

http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherCond...SnowPolicy.htm

We have already received a good 7" of snow and before it's all over, it looks like we'll get another 3 to 4 inches by this evening. I'll go out later on and clean off the cars to make it easier for when it's finished and then it be a final touch up here and there. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and has a safe ride into work if you have to drive in this stuff today.......
Old 03-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #85
silentjon

Default Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Most of NEPA escaped this storm. Most places just have a dusting.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 AM   #86
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, we had another Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call this morning at 0400 (4am). Since the highway and local road crews did such a good job yesterday, West Point is operating as normal with only a 2 hour delay at the elementary school to ensure the little ones have a clear path to the school house. http://www.westpoint.edu/WeatherConditions/
On that note, I'm gonna get ready and take my time going over the mountain to work. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys it as well........
Old 03-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #87
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the joe is brewing and a "Happy Hump Day" to all. The temps are really cool right now being it's 7 degrees and with a wind chill of -5. By Saturday afternoon, it should be in the mid 50s:

Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Wind chill values as low as -5. Northwest wind between 7 and 13 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 4. West wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Thursday: Increasing clouds, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as -2. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of snow before midnight, then a chance of snow and sleet between midnight and 3am, then a chance of snow and freezing rain after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 26. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Friday: A chance of freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. South wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers before midnight. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a good one and gets to smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 AM   #88
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning everyone and always, the coffee is on. Well, it's another brisk morning out with temps currently sittin' around 15 degrees, brrrrrrrrrr. There's nothing special going on today, just the normal day to day business at West Point. Today being Thursday though, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening enjoying primo sticks and catching up what's been happening in the past week and all. If your in the neighborhood and have an hour or two, stop on by and join in on the fun. If your not a local, I hope you enjoy a favorite or two and have a great day as well........
Old 03-05-2009, 05:02 AM   #89
silentjon

Poor T.O. has been cut by the Cowboys.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:51 AM   #90
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and a big TGIF is well deserved for this week. Well, we had another Adverse Weather Condition Conference Call this morning at 0400 (4am) resulting from an email we all received yesterday from our Director. I don't mind doing these weather calls as we get compensated for our time but it's dry as a bone outside and there's no percipatation anywhere in the area:

Anyway, NASCAR is racing this weekend in Atlanta and the Yankees take on the Braves tomorrow at 1315 (1:15pm) on both channels, YES & MLB.TV. Tomorrow is the Hartford Herf and it will be good to see a number of you S / BOTL there. I hope that everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy a favorite or two........

Oh yeah, the coffee has been on since 0330 (3:30am)!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #91
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on. I woke up feeling like crap, Beth has had the bug all week and now I think I'm getting it. I was planning to go to the Hartford Herf with one of my nephews and LouieD, but I'm gonna have to cancel that as I don't want to just go and feel bad. I hope you all have a great time, take some great pictures and enjoy yourselves. I hope everyone else has a great day and gets to enjoy a favorite or two as well........
Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 AM   #92
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and happy Sunday. The coffee is on and I'm still not sure what's for breakfast as of yet. I'm glad I stayed home yesterday, got the rest I needed but I wish I could have attended the 10th anniversary of the Hartford Herf yesterday. I heard you all had a great time, I'm sure if I went, one or two of you might have the bug by now as well. Anyway, there's plenty of sports on the TV today; NASCAR, basketball, baseball, golf, soccer and hockey. I'm sure that I'll be on the sofa relaxing watching a couple of them and throwing some chicken on the grill. I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys as well........
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 AM   #93
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. Well, it's back to work as it seems that the weekend ended way to quickly. Yesterday was such a beautiful day out that I spent the majority of it on my back deck relaxing and watching the NASCAR race from Atlanta. I hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites through out it........
Old 03-09-2009, 04:53 AM   #94
silentjon

It was a very nice weekend as I was able to enjoy some fine cigars outside.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:51 AM   #95
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and Irish Soda Bread will be this morning's breakfast treat. Nothing special going on today except all the news will be about A-Rod's medical treatment yesterday and how long his recovery will be. As the newspaper says this morning, what's next for the Yankees? Only time will tell. Anyway, I hope all of you have a great day and enjoy.......
Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 AM   #96
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on as always. Well, the spring is definitely here with morning showers and temps getting into the 40s - 50s durnig the day:

I hope everyone has a great "Hump Day" and gets to enjoy a favorite or two or.......
Old 03-12-2009, 04:42 AM   #97
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is brewin'. It's another great day here in the Hudson Valley and being that today is Thursday, we'll be at Schlesinger's Cigar Bar / Hudson Valley Cigars this evening:

http://www.hudsonvalleycigars.com/

http://www.schlesingerssteakhouse.com/

Our Thursday-night crew has turned into a weekly herf with anywhere from 20 to 30 S/BOTL showing up and joining in on the fun. If you're in the area and have the time, stop on by and enjoy a stogie or two with us. Folks show up anywhere from 1800 (6pm) and stay till 2200 (10pm). If you're not a local S/BOTL, I hope you have a great day as well and enjoy..........
Old 03-13-2009, 04:40 AM   #98
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and TGIF!!!!! Well, we had a great time last night at Schlesinger's cigar bar, the usual suspects showed up along with a few new faces. We did discuss some news that just came know; Carlos (Saxjazzman) just found out that he came down on orders to Fort Benning, GA. Once I find out when he'll be leaving us, we'll be throwing him a send off herf / party, more details to follow. Well, for this weekend, I've got a driving class tomorrow (DDC). If I didn't have that, Israel (uptown_isy) has a NUB event going on with Sam Leccia showing and telling his story behind it all:

http://www.nubcigar.com/creator

So if you have no plans and want to enjoy a Saturday afternoon cigar event, join Israel and his crew at Uptown Cigars in Kingston , NY:

http://www.uptowncigar.com/

Sports wise, the weekend is full of basketball, baseball, golf, hockey and soccer. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to relax a bit and enjoy a few of your favorites........
Old 03-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #99
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the joe is on. Looks like I have change of plans as my class got cancelled so I'll be going up the to the Uptown Cigar Shop with the crew. It will be a great time as always and you know I have to bring a gift or two for setting this all up. Anyway, I hope everyone has a super Saturday and enjoy it as well........
Old 03-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #100
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the Killer Beans Electric Chair Espresso is on. Yesterday was a blast at the NUB Event. It was great to see Sam Leccia, Rick from Oliva, Michelle & Bruce and all the crew from Uptown. Primo cigars, superb variety of single malt scotches, tastey treats and it was great to see all the folks attending the event. Today should be a great weather day with temps reaching the lower 60s, so I'll be on my back deck barbequing and smoking a favorite cigar or two while watching the Yankees taking on the Twins at 1315 (1:15pm). I hope everyone enjoys themselves today as well and gets to relax before they have to go back tomorrow.........

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!