Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2009, 08:21 AM   #21
19thHole

Default Re: I know why they call them Crackberrys!

I am an absolute crackberry addict as well. I have 7 different email addresses going to it. I use it for everything, alarm to get me up, reminder to picks things up on the way home from work, calendars, voice notes, maps, you name it. If it just had a lighter on it....
Old 01-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #22
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

I have gotten to the point where I now need a Blackberry and my only dilemma now is whether to go with the Curve or the Storm. I really like the Bold but it is not out yet for Verizon and if I know Verizon they will just dummy it down so you have to pay for everything anyway, like eliminating Wi-Fi on the Storm. I really like everything about the Storm and have played with it a little bit but I do know a few people that have had some issues with it that seem pretty common with Storm users so I am wondering if I should just go with the Curve as it seems to be tried and true or just take the chance with the Storm and hope that software updates come out rapidly to eliminate the current issues plaguing it. I am also contemplating parting ways with Verizon simply because I am tired of them dummying down their phones so you need to pay for everything right down to ringtones like my current phone. I can send ringtones to the phone through the free websites but it does not allow you to use them for ringtones. Verizon has found every way possible to nickle and dime their customers and I am honestly getting tired of it.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #23
ca21455
Working on Reality

First Name: John
Trading: (7)
Navy (Served With Honor)
ca21455 is on a distinguished road

I use one for work, really handy but I do not know how to use about 70% of the functions.
ca21455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #24
dunng
MassHole

First Name: Greg
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
dunng has disabled reputation

Just a heads up for any of the techies out there... I use RDM+ (www.rdmplus.com) on my BB to remote in to my work PC. It has come in handy many times!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #25
ahc4353

You mean a BB is more than just a phone!?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #26
barbourjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I have gotten to the point where I now need a Blackberry and my only dilemma now is whether to go with the Curve or the Storm. I really like the Bold but it is not out yet for Verizon and if I know Verizon they will just dummy it down so you have to pay for everything anyway, like eliminating Wi-Fi on the Storm. I really like everything about the Storm and have played with it a little bit but I do know a few people that have had some issues with it that seem pretty common with Storm users so I am wondering if I should just go with the Curve as it seems to be tried and true or just take the chance with the Storm and hope that software updates come out rapidly to eliminate the current issues plaguing it. I am also contemplating parting ways with Verizon simply because I am tired of them dummying down their phones so you need to pay for everything right down to ringtones like my current phone. I can send ringtones to the phone through the free websites but it does not allow you to use them for ringtones. Verizon has found every way possible to nickle and dime their customers and I am honestly getting tired of it.
get any blackberry and you can make your own MP3 ring tones. you will never have to pay for them again. also VZW didn't lock down wifi, it was a choice to have it removed completely. the newest software updates for the curve/storm all have everything unlocked so the phones are at full capability. if you want wifi then get an overseas storm and unlock it. there are instructions out there if you want them.

BTW, the storm sucks. get the curve or wait a few months and get the bold.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #27
Texan in Mexico
Feeling at Home

First Name: Travis
Trading: (0)
LGC
Texan in Mexico has disabled reputation

They have got to be one of the best and worst inventions of all time!

I have used one for work for about five years now and it is certainly an enabler for most of us.

As an aside, I use mine more than I use my laptop in the office. Buyer beware with the Storm, might be cute for text messaging but if you use it for work e-mail it is a bad option IMHO.
Texan in Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #28
IBQTEE1
Crazy K

First Name: Kristin
Trading: (6)
HUpmann
IBQTEE1 has disabled reputation

I am on my third Blackberry. I got my Curve last summer. The excitement does fad a little bit!!