Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #41
The Postman

Default Re: Tips For Smoking Outside In The Winter?

I have been winter smoking, and I mean winter smoking at -25C sometimes for over three years now, and have never had a cigar crack on me. I think one of the posters was right when he mentions uneven humidity in the cigar. All of my cigars are well rested for my humidity levels, and maybe that is what makes the difference.

Good luck in finding a solution brother.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #42
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I have been winter smoking, and I mean winter smoking at -25C sometimes for over three years now, and have never had a cigar crack on me. I think one of the posters was right when he mentions uneven humidity in the cigar. All of my cigars are well rested for my humidity levels, and maybe that is what makes the difference.

How Can You Have Uneven RH Levels When Your Cigars Have Rested Together In The Same Humi For At Least 3-6 Months? Digital Hygrometers Are Calibrated Every Month & RH Doesn't Vary over 1-2 Points Over A 6 Month Period. I Still Think The Huge RH Swing In The Mobile Winters Is The Problem. When You Go From 65RH In The Humi To 17 RH Outside, Something Has To Give, And It's Probably The Wrapper. Now That The RH Is Up To The Usual 75-80 In Our Wet Winters, I've Had No Problems With My Sticks.

Thanks For All The Tips, Inmates!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #43
Deputy

I smoke in my garage with the door about half up. I invested in a portable propane heater and a fan pointing out of my garage to keep the smoke out. Seems to work pretty well.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:46 PM   #44
KenyanSandBoa
The Nightman Cometh...

First Name: Jim
Trading: (74)
Trinidad
KenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the roughKenyanSandBoa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

I was having a cigar with a buddy of mine this weekend and his cigar split. It was fairly chilly (about 18 degrees), but the weird thing was that we both just bought them and mine didn't split.