Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 07-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
MrWolf55
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Mike
Trading: (3)
RyJ
MrWolf55 is on a distinguished road
Default Your Guitar Collection

I'm sure there's gotta be quite a few guitar players on here. What axes have you got in your collection? Heres my current lineup:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
2004 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2005 Fender Standard Strat
Custom Eddie Van Halen 5150
1987 Kramer Aerostar ZX20

Whenever I gather up enough funds I'm hoping to add an Epiphone BB King Lucille to the line up
MrWolf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #2
Ratters
Have My Own Room

Trading: (2)
Ratters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the roughRatters is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Your Guitar Collection

Ah, a Van Halen fan.

1980 Ibanez Artist AR300. Picked it up about twenty years ago for $300 and tossed in some Seymour Duncans. Love this guitar.
Early 90's Ovation 12 string. I think Japanese made. But it works well.
Marshall JMP-1 preamp, Boss SE70 effects processor and a Carvin 100watt tube amp with 4 EL34s. Happy with the sound and midi switching makes things easy.
Old Carving 4X12 with 25watt Celestions. Still sounds great.

[/quote]

Also picked up this Ibanez accoustic. Love the thing, best $200 I've spent on an instrument.

I also have a pretty Cordoba 45r classical which is really easy to play and sounds great. Can't find a pic though.
Ratters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
Pseudosacred
What will your verse be?

First Name: Nick
Trading: (1)
Pseudosacred is on a distinguished road

I'm not at home right now. I'll try and get pictures later. I've spent to much on my guitars, but I love them to much to care.

BlackMachine B7 (Mine was one of the last 25 made) 7 string beauty

Carvin Dbt7

Ibanez RG7

Schecter Damien Elite 7

Im currently eyeballing these Ibanez RG8s. Tosin Abasi is getting a signiture design deal with them...so I might wait until then.

I also have an Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic. The Gibson version isn't worth the price, because this thing sounds almost exactly the same...it just chips a little easier hahaha
Pseudosacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I have an Ovation that is with a friend in New Orleans now, but since I am more of an owner than a player,
I can't say as I miss it. I have a place to stay in New Orleans and he has a guitar to play. Win-Win. Here is my
Epiphone..

OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I have an OLD (1940's or so) Gibson, it was my stepdads and I inherited it when he passed.....he sold a bag of pot for it in the 70's and thought it looked like an onld guitar a cowboy would carry around with him.

I have done some research on this, and found out that this could be worth a pretty penny....I am not looking to sell it just yet, but does anyone know of a place online that I can send pics to have it appraised? I have heard Daves Guitars, but not sure.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
MrWolf55
Still Watching My Back

RyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratters View Post
1980 Ibanez Artist AR300. Picked it up about twenty years ago for $300 and tossed in some Seymour Duncans. Love this guitar.
Also picked up this Ibanez accoustic. Love the thing, best $200 I've spent on an instrument.

[/quote]

Love those Ibanez's. I put a Seymour Duncan JB on the bridge of my Les Paul and the improvement was huge. Awesome bluesy tones. And my first guitar ever was an Ibanez acoustic that my parents bought for me for $100 one christmas and I loved that guitar. It was an incredible instrument for the price. Ended up selling it to a buddy of mine for $50 and its currently sitting in his garage under a pile of boxes and other crap. My heart breaks ever time I see it
Old 07-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #7
MrWolf55
Still Watching My Back

RyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I have an OLD (1940's or so) Gibson, it was my stepdads and I inherited it when he passed.....he sold a bag of pot for it in the 70's and thought it looked like an onld guitar a cowboy would carry around with him.

I have done some research on this, and found out that this could be worth a pretty penny....I am not looking to sell it just yet, but does anyone know of a place online that I can send pics to have it appraised? I have heard Daves Guitars, but not sure.
There's a guy who has a guitar repair shop a few miles down the street from me who specializes in vintage electric gibsons. I had a 1961 Gibson Melody Maker DC that I was trying to sell and I emailed him and he gave me an estimate of what it was worth (I ended up selling it for only $150 less than his estimate btw). If you sent him some pics I'm sure he could shoot you back an ball park figure. His site is http://www.darrenriley.com/main.html