Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Entertainment

Old 03-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #461
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 3

It'll be Carl.
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #462
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Milton takes out the Gov. Becomes the most beloved Mayor of Woodbury, ever. (Post Apocalypse, your results may vary.)
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #463
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky70 View Post
2nd guess would be Milton as I'm betting someone close does him in.
Is Milton the nerdy guy talking to the one legged guy outside? If so, I could see that for sure happening. The Governor really lacks humanity.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #464
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Is Milton the nerdy guy talking to the one legged guy outside? If so, I could see that for sure happening. The Governor really lacks humanity.
That's the guy.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #465
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am thinking that Milton is secretly NOT gay and is secretly in love with Andrea. Coupled with his hatred of
being controlled and belittled by the Governor, I see that as a distinct possibility as well. But what do I know?
Until I can get Epi. 14 recorded and burned to DVD, I will not even know what happened in Epi. 13.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #466
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

I have to agree this episode was lackluster, I was shocked to see the Gov come out of the shadows to meet Rick. Kudos to Rick for not playing into the Gov's BS.

Gotta love that little smile from the Gov

Rick should have killed the Gov when he hung up his guns

I seriously thought something was going to happen when Maggie & Glenn were

Milton's John Ritter in Sling Blade ass has got to go, but I think he is starting to see through the Gov's BS too.

Time will tell.....that was episode 13, how many more do we have left?
Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #467
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am thinking that Milton is secretly NOT gay and is secretly in love with Andrea. Coupled with his hatred of
being controlled and belittled by the Governor, I see that as a distinct possibility as well. But what do I know?
Until I can get Epi. 14 recorded and burned to DVD, I will not even know what happened in Epi. 13.
Say wha? Did I miss a scene or 3 or did you just make a pretty healthy leap into someones subconscious?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #468
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Time will tell.....that was episode 13, how many more do we have left?
Just 3 left
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #469
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
Just 3 left
Thanks
Old 03-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #470
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Sorry about that, Pete, THAT WAS a leap and a sexist one at that. There are no revelatory scenes with Milton
at a rest area bathroom or anything. I apologize for my statement.

I guess I would re-categorize him as a sexually-repressed poindexter on the verge of unleashing some pent up
authority rage. I still don't think it will be him....or wait....maybe that IS the proper asessment after all.
I change my vote from weak Andrea to repressed Milton.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #471
Bondo 287
Runaway Train

First Name: Mikael
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
Bondo 287 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
..... The whole "one upping" between Darryl and Martinez while they were knocking off zombies.
Really. I thought it played out a little corny too. That " let's kill zombies together" opportunity was, a waaaaaayy too easy and predictable, "continuity fix" for the writers as to why the two clans managed to stay outside timidly chatting in harmony without killing each other. Don't forget both clans already orchestrated horrific attacks on each others' "home".

The entire situation above would not even exist if Rick and Gov didn't just open up some whoopazz and be done with it. Someone commented here weeks ago, that hopefully they wouldn't milk the situation for all it's worth. Since "Prison vs Woodbury" was going on at the end of last season, after 3 episodes into season four, apparently that is going to be so.

TWD is still fun to watch. This episode was slightly disappointing in my book..

I say Gov dead in 3 weeks....

Last edited by Bondo 287; 03-12-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Bondo 287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #472
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo 287 View Post

I say Gov dead in 3 weeks....
Three weeks left in the season....well, you're really going out on a limb there.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #473
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

Quote:
Sorry about that, Pete, THAT WAS a leap and a sexist one at that. There are no revelatory scenes with Milton
at a rest area bathroom or anything. I apologize for my statement.

I guess I would re-categorize him as a sexually-repressed poindexter on the verge of unleashing some pent up
authority rage. I still don't think it will be him....or wait....maybe that IS the proper asessment after all.
I change my vote from weak Andrea to repressed Milton.
I would looooove to hear what your cues on him being sexually repressed are. After all, it ~is~ a bit stressful during the zomboid apocalypse, ya know, Brad.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #474
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

That was a boring episode. I fell asleep during it on Sunday and had to go back and finish it up last night
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #475
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
I would looooove to hear what your cues on him being sexually repressed are.
He is twitchy, edgy, can't look Andrea in the eye, nervous all the time.
Classic sexual repression. Read your Freud.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #476
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

LGC

The first, second, and last I could easily attribute to living around psychotic people and other former humans that want to eat me. The third I could easily attribute to his disgust and personal judgement of Andrea being a Ho-bag. I think I need to call this into Talking Dead. Fascinating character insight, and all that.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #477
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
The first, second, and last I could easily attribute to living around psychotic people and other former humans that want to eat me. The third I could easily attribute to his disgust and personal judgement of Andrea being a Ho-bag. I think I need to call this into Talking Dead. Fascinating character insight, and all that.
Do it, but wait till the Milton is actually on the show
Old 03-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #478
themoneycollector
Nicotiana Tabacum

Trading: (108)
Bolivar
themoneycollector has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneycollector View Post
... I just have this feeling we will spend the next few episodes with skirmishes back and forth that will become repetitive and not really go anywhere (reminds me of Season 2 looking for Sophie).
Quote:

I never liked Andrea, and after Epi 12 I think the book is closed on her with me. She could have done a great thing,
and now I am left to wonder if the Gov is just a 'family farm' where we are going to waste another 5-6 episodes and cliff-
hang on it. That would be awfully disappointing. But its their show, they can determine the pace and I would gladly
watch more, not like LOST, where I knew after one season that I was being jerked around (and STILL watched all of it
like a freaking fool.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondo 287 View Post

The entire situation above would not even exist if Rick and Gov didn't just open up some whoopazz and be done with it. Someone commented here weeks ago, that hopefully they wouldn't milk the situation for all it's worth. Since "Prison vs Woodbury" was going on at the end of last season, after 3 episodes into season four, apparently that is going to be so.
I called it, the writing on TWD has been on a decline. The repetitiveness is getting to me.

It's become too much family drama and losing the zombie apocolypse that hooked me in the first place. If the next 3 episodes are not redeeming quality, then I will have wasted my time with this whole half season after that wait. If they need to cut it to 10 episodes or less to cut out the boring parts and filler, then AMC please do so.

Season 1 (6 episodes) > Season 2 (12 episodes) > Season 3 (16 episodes)

Hope I don't derail the thread, but anyone watch Spartacus? This season has had me on the edge of my seat - Excellent so far.
themoneycollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #479
ucla695
Neither here, nor there

Trading: (5)
Montecristo
ucla695 has disabled reputation

I think the action will pick-up in the last couple of episodes.

The family drama stuff is wearing on me too. Thanks goodness Laurie's gone!
ucla695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #480
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla695 View Post
I think the action will pick-up in the last couple of episodes.

The family drama stuff is wearing on me too. Thanks goodness Laurie's gone!
The Gov & Andrea's BS has replaced Lori.......unfortunately