Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-22-2015, 09:05 PM   #561
azar
It is what it is!

First Name: Mack
Trading: (18)
azar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gardeners in the Asylum

The 2 big ones shown here are 16'x4'

This on is 8'x4' and will have cucumbers growing near the fencing I used to grow and vine upwards and the other end will be my herbs. Next week we will fill it the dirt. here in Wyoming I wait until May to plant.
Mack
Old 03-23-2015, 11:29 AM   #562
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Wow, nice setup Mack!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:19 AM   #563
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Some good looking setups Im seeing on here for this season!

Planting eight apple trees out back this weekend. Digging holes in this area is some back braking work. If these rocks were gold, I'd be outa here.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:12 AM   #564
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I have spouts for everything but Jalapenos, Reapers and Bell Peppers. It must be a pepper thing. I put them on a heat mat to raise the soil temp to 85* (ish).
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #565
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully my seedlings have started by the time I get home from my work trip. I did my plants from seed for the first time last year, using a seed mat. Works great.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:15 AM   #566
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

I forgot though to start my chiltepin pepper plants. Need to get an earlier start than last year. Didn't get squadoosh from them before the first frost.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 PM   #567
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Checked my seedlings today. 6 days after planting and I already need to transplant my radish, kale, lettuce and a couple others.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:15 AM   #568
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Coming along nicely....

Old 03-28-2015, 07:16 AM   #569
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Hopefully my seedlings have started by the time I get home from my work trip. I did my plants from seed for the first time last year, using a seed mat. Works great.
I bought a mat for the peppers. They seems to favor a very warm soil. Everything else did fine with solid 70*-75*
Old 03-28-2015, 07:56 AM   #570
azar
It is what it is!

Ok Gardeners I have a question. Do I go with a drip system, soaker hose or do a combo thing? This will be for my raised beds. Lets hear your thoughts what worked what didn't? I will be doing normal garden plants tomato, squash water melon cantaloupe carrot radish and onion but I also want to do herbs
Thanks Mack
Old 03-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #571
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

drip via pvc is what i do
Old 03-28-2015, 12:12 PM   #572
baust55
AUSTIN

First Name: JAMES
Trading: (1)
baust55 is on a distinguished road

I brought my 5 fig trees up out of the basement
Old 03-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #573
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few more weeks and I can start playing in the dirt.
That might be a little ambitious, but I hope it dries out well enough to at least prepare my side garden and get in some cold crops.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #574
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Spent the day filling my garden box with dirt and then finally getting some plants in. Man my butt is whooped! See all the trips up and down the hill!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #575
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good, Hal!!!
I live on a cliff just like you.

I have some daffodils and crocuses coming up in the side garden, forgot all about them. I need to go dig up more and put them in, I know where there's a few huge patches.

I need to fertilize the grass and it's almost time to get the sprinklers fired up, make dirt for the garden, and all that good stuff.
Still a few more weeks till things will dry up enough to get at them.
Old 04-04-2015, 08:31 PM   #576
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Transplanted a few radish seedlings in one of my planting beds. Let's see if they can stand the cold weather. Seed book suggests not starting indoors, oops.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #577
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

Partagas

Looks like most of the trees and shrubs I planted last year made it. Lots of buds and leaves popping out.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:19 PM   #578
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

How are they coming boys? I'm building another (2) 10X4 beds whenever this rain stops. All my seedlings are coming along. Probably go to ground May2.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:53 PM   #579
azar
It is what it is!

Finally got them full 2 yards each top soil and a yard of compost each.

And this sounds odd but my wife, kids and myself have started a fairy garden
Old 04-21-2015, 05:40 PM   #580
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Nice Mack, you'll get a lot out of those beds.