Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-12-2010, 10:13 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cows face north and south...

This was in the news just awhile ago.
Cows and deer (and other ruminants) tend to stand north and south.
I just saw some team of goobers building a great big magnetic field building so they can fool cows because they think cows have special magnetic field sensitivity.
Oddly, it didn't fool the cows.
I'm no scientist, but if I'm a cow, I'm gonna stand north/south to get some sun on that big fat belly so I can make good poop real fast.
When cows get hot, they lay in the shade. They lay whatever direction they want. Oddly, shade seems to have some sort of antimagnetic cow properties.

I'd like to ramp up the stakes a little bit. I'd like to see these scientists build magnetic fields over football stadiums to try to see why they all run north/south.
I'm guessing pigskin has magnetic field sensitive properties, too. When this gets out, Wes Welker will probably put magnets in his gloves. Or would that repel the ball?
It appears more tests are necessary.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cows face north and south...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'm gonna stand north/south to get some sun on that big fat belly so I can make good poop real fast.
That's what I do....
Old 10-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Apoco
Nerd with social skills

First Name: Alex
Trading: (37)
Apoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the roughApoco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
make good poop real fast.

Posted via Mobile Device
Apoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
That's what I do....
I lay on my back so My belly can get full exposure to the ceiling, because my ceilings have special nap inducing powers.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

You could probably get a huge grant to study this phenomena Scott. They have granted huge sums of money to study stupider things.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation

Quote:
I just saw some team of goobers building a great big magnetic field building so they can fool cows because they think cows have special magnetic field sensitivity.
This sounds like the plot to an unaired episode of "Lost"
Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
You could probably get a huge grant to study this phenomena Scott. They have granted huge sums of money to study stupider things.
They're studying it to death, brother. There has to be some sort of alien influence. Or Bigfoot.
Did you ever see geese flying in a V and notice that one side of the V is longer than the other? You know why that is?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
They're studying it to death, brother. There has to be some sort of alien influence. Or Bigfoot.
Did you ever see geese flying in a V and notice that one side of the V is longer than the other? You know why that is?
Duh, because there's more geese on that side, but our government has probably spent a few million dollars trying to study this phenomena.
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Moo.

http://www.totallytom.com/MadCow.html

NSFW audio
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
sikk50
Just Bored Really...

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (13)
LGC
sikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of lightsikk50 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, next time I go hunting I'll be sure to only walk east and west
Old 10-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation

Quote:
I'm no scientist, but if I'm a cow, I'm gonna stand north/south to get some sun on that big fat belly so I can make good poop real fast.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...magnetic-field
Quote:
More tellingly, in places such as the coastal U.S. where the direction of the magnetic north pole differs from geographic north (the latter defined by Earth's axis of rotation), the group found that cattle positioned themselves toward the magnetic poles.
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/03/magneticcows/
Quote:
When herds stand next to power lines, which emit a mild electromagnetic field, they point in different directions. In the absence of power lines, they point along a north-south axis.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

But what about the football stadiums?