Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough
Default Starbucks sticks to it's guns.

Kudos to you Starbucks
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_480062.html
Old 03-04-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
BigFrank
5 3 1

First Name: Frank
Trading: (25)
Partagas
BigFrank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Starbucks sticks to it's guns.

Funny too see with Starbucks being associated with the Left side. I find it even funnier that some stores think that they are above State Laws.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Good For Starbucks! I Love Their Coffee & Friendly Staff, Too!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFrank View Post
Funny too see with Starbucks being associated with the Left side. I find it even funnier that some stores think that they are above State Laws.
Not trying to start a political arguement, but I dont think it is that some stores think they are above State Laws. Its Free Market, it is exactly what we as cigar smokers want! Lift the smoking bans, and let the individually owned businesses decided if they want our business or not. The smokers will find the places that appreciate and allow smokers, and not frequent those who dont...thats the beauty of Free Market.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road

brady campaign distortions make me sick...
Thrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
G G
BR549

Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Kudos to Starbucks. In the state of Florida some businesses post signs that say "no firearms allowed". They carry absolutely no weight of the law. If they see you carrying a firearm (mind you Florida has no open carry) they can ask you to leave and if you refuse then you can be arrested for armed trespass. The big thing about that though is if you are carrying correctly they will never know it to ask you to leave in the first place. Secondly I would prolly not shop at a place that tries to limit my 2nd ammendment rights.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
brady campaign distortions make me sick...
I already had this copied to paste...
The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence has responded by circulating a petition that soon attracted 26,000 signatures demanding that Starbucks "offer espresso shots, not gunshots"
That's because the people doing lawfully what is their constitutional right to do have been firing their guns in Starbucks?
It's exactly statements like that, full of mistruth and deception, that immediately discredits any organization, in my eyes.
If they can't stand on the Truth, they clearly have nothing.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
captain53
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (3)
captain53 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
Good For Starbucks! I Love Their Coffee & Friendly Staff, Too!
captain53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

A couple of years ago, Florida changed some statutes that basically makes it lawful to meet force with force in the street. The brady nuts placed a bilboard no too far from Lake City Florida on interstate 75 claiming Florida would become the wild west with the passages of this law. We used it for target practice.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
G G
BR549

Bolivar

We can also have a loaded gun in our cars in Florida without a permit. And there isn't a registry in Florida either. If the brady morons were right there would be at least 12000 killings every day in Florida but there isn't. More guns less crime.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #11
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I carry nearly everywhere. If it is a public place that doesn't allow me to then I won't, but I won't go there if I don't have to. I am certainly not going to give them my business.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #12
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
I carry nearly everywhere. If it is a public place that doesn't allow me to then I won't, but I won't go there if I don't have to. I am certainly not going to give them my business.
A personal choice we all have to make, but you have broken no laws if you do carry until they see it and ask you to leave. And if it is concealed (which it must be to satisfy your CCW) then what they don't know wont hurt them. Most of em just post those signs to limit their liability anyway. But I don't give them my business either.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #13
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
We can also have a loaded gun in our cars in Florida without a permit. And there isn't a registry in Florida either. If the brady morons were right there would be at least 12000 killings every day in Florida but there isn't. More guns less crime.
I seem to remember thugs in Fl. hunting folks in rent-a-cars. A few well armed sheep would have stopped that pretty quick.

I don't really have a point.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #14
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

I never would have expected a starbucks to do this.......

J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote