Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #61
mrreindeer

Default Re: Craigslist SCAM! Nothing new...just a heads'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizoFilly View Post
Wrong on a few levels there....I love it.
thanks Joe!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #62
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:35 AM   #63
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
Ooooof.....so YOU are the RESPONDENT!

we already established that earlier
Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #64
PV1191
Chicken!the other wrapper

First Name: Tommy
Trading: (0)
RyJ
PV1191 is on a distinguished road

I was selling a motorcycle a few years ago and got one of these. The first email he wanted to know how much I was asking even though it was clearly in the ad. I was selling the bike for $4500. I told him $20,000 and gave him a PO box to ship the cashiers check to. I gave him a fake name. About two weeks later I got a $20k Wachovia cashiers check in the mail made out to Holden McGroin. He wanted me to deposit the check, get a $3000 cashiers check and send it back to him so he could pay the shipper. He said when they came to pick up the bike they would have another cashiers check for the balance. Needless to say I told him lick my nads.
PV1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:14 AM   #65
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PV1191 View Post
I was selling a motorcycle a few years ago and got one of these. The first email he wanted to know how much I was asking even though it was clearly in the ad. I was selling the bike for $4500. I told him $20,000 and gave him a PO box to ship the cashiers check to. I gave him a fake name. About two weeks later I got a $20k Wachovia cashiers check in the mail made out to Holden McGroin. He wanted me to deposit the check, get a $3000 cashiers check and send it back to him so he could pay the shipper. He said when they came to pick up the bike they would have another cashiers check for the balance. Needless to say I told him lick my nads.
Awesome....Holden McGroin....LOVE IT.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:18 AM   #66
SchizoFilly

Quote:
I was selling a motorcycle a few years ago and got one of these. The first email he wanted to know how much I was asking even though it was clearly in the ad. I was selling the bike for $4500. I told him $20,000 and gave him a PO box to ship the cashiers check to. About two weeks later I got a $20k Wachovia cashiers check in the mail made out to Holden McGroin.
.....but your profile says your name is Tommy

were you dishonest with this obviously trustworthy purchaser?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #67
mrreindeer

Quote:
.....but your profile says your name is Tommy

were you dishonest with this obviously trustworthy purchaser?
Jeez, seriously.....bad form Tommy or whatever your name is!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #68
mrreindeer

fresh response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderson13@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:11 PM
To: David
Subject: Re: 2 Caucasian Children for Sale

Hello
I m grateful that the item is still available,and thank for quick response and i will like to let you know i will love to make an instant purchase, so please i will love you to withdraw the posting from Craiglist, and for you to know how much i m interested in this, i will like to add $50.00 for taking down the posting from Craiglist so that i can be rest assured that the item is in my possession and i will also like to add that i will be paying via check and it will be overnight payment due to the distance. You don't have to bother yourself with the shipment OK, i will make preparation for that.So i will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1.Your full name 2. Your mailing address (residential or Postal address) 3. Your phone number.
Once again I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping...i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check. Thanks.
I really think we should start carpet bombing these guys with various responses....like copy & paste this response from him/her/it and then put in all kinds of funky stuff in the subject lines. See how they like it if there's a chance it's a person reviewing them. I mean, there has to be a person to figure out when they've got a sucker....

If you do write 'em! Post 'em here!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #69
mrreindeer

Oh man, I can't stop....

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:07 AM
To: 'alexander johnson'
Subject: RE: 2 Caucasian Children for Sale

Hi grateful Alexander! I am very excited (grateful too!) that you love me! I love you too! You are already too kind to instantly purchase my 2 Caucasian children but also to offer an additional $50.00! You should know that I’m interested in you too! Like really. I’m awful lonely. Okay, so I was about to tell you that a check would be great, but maybe if you could, add an extra $700 for my trouble. I know it’s a lot to ask but I swear it will be worth it. These 2 Caucasian children have really given me a lot of trouble in the last 24 hours from your first reply to my listing (I’m actually a little surprised you still want them) and I’ve had to severely reprimand them. Rest assured, I only beat myself and I must admit that I really felt quite terrible about this and spent the last 8 hours getting some wonderful treatment at the local spa as a result. They even have a massaging saddle there that I highly recommend. I will tell you more in my 27th correspondence to you. I will hold out for then; you just have to wait! I also had to seek therapy from a very well known celebrity therapist. Perhaps you have heard of him! His name is Dr. Phil. I’m not sure if he has a last name but you could look him up if you need therapy. You may have seen him on T.V. so you could recognize him if he walks down the street. You could stop him and ask him how to better purchase items on the internet! Dr. Phil is much taller in person! And only slightly a jackass. But he really helped me deal with my issues about scolding the 2 Caucasian children (I mean your 2 Caucasian children) and so I immediately went home and took them out of the washing machine. They were dirty little children! I really appreciate that I don’t have to bother with the shipping, shipping scares me!! One time, when I was a baby, my mother shipped me to Africa, it was not funny at all. When they found me and returned me to her arms (which were NOT open I must admit; it too makes me sad…but do not cry), she was laughing I am told. Laughing! She was having party and somebody told joke but it doesn’t matter. I am SERIOUS!

I must admit, however, that I don’t quite understand the logistics of your request. You said, “so that i can be rest assured that the item is in my possession”. I’m confused because the 2 Caucasian children are in my possession, not yours. I just don’t understand.

You also mention that you feel a great distance already growing between us. I’m hurt by this. Really and if you don’t stop that, I will have to ask you for more than $700 extra because Dr. Phil is not cheap. How can we possibly have a mature relationship when you are so distant!!!??? Please stop playing games with my heart. And also the heart of the 2 Caucasian children for sale.

Please email me back so that I know we still have a deal because you must know how much I’m interested in this to work (just like you!) then I can give you my address, lover. I promise I am not just shy.

Oh, and about your mover…I was just curious if he is a shaker too? It might damage the 2 Caucasian children if he is. Again, I really appreciate (because I am a scared!) that you will take care of me like you have promised. That really shows me that you care! THANK YOU!!!

Biggest smooches,
Blixa

Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:11 PM
To: David
Subject: Re: 2 Caucasian Children for Sale

Hello
I m grateful that the item is still available,and thank for quick response and i will like to let you know i will love to make an instant purchase, so please i will love you to withdraw the posting from Craiglist, and for you to know how much i m interested in this, i will like to add $50.00 for taking down the posting from Craiglist so that i can be rest assured that the item is in my possession and i will also like to add that i will be paying via check and it will be overnight payment due to the distance. You don't have to bother yourself with the shipment OK, i will make preparation for that.So i will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.
1.Your full name 2. Your mailing address (residential or Postal address) 3. Your phone number.
Once again I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping...i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check. Thanks.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #70
SchizoFilly

Keep up the good work David....show those auto-replying asshats who's boss.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #71
mrreindeer

Quote:
Keep up the good work David....show those auto-replying asshats who's boss.
I'm not sure what is more funny, my response to the robot or yours to me! Hahahahaa.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 PM   #72
PV1191
Chicken!the other wrapper

First Name: Tommy
Trading: (0)
RyJ
PV1191 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreindeer View Post
Jeez, seriously.....bad form Tommy or whatever your name is!

You guys can call me Holden
PV1191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 AM   #73
mrreindeer

Quote:

Old 08-13-2009, 06:37 AM   #74
SchizoFilly

Quote:
Have you ever considered treatment for your multiple personalities? Coming from a Schizofilly that's saying something.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #75
mrreindeer

So, I'm really busy getting ready for the baby but there's been a whole new round of scammers and this gal:

Quote:
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 19 PM
To:
Subject: AMAZING Large Marble/Wood Coffee Table - $2000 (Rancho Palos Verdes)
** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html
Will you take $200 for it?

Diana
I might have been an a$$, when I wrote in response:

Quote:
You’re kidding, right?

Sorry, we are asking $2,000 for it.
And then my buddy messes with me, finds the ad & writes me through Craigslist :

Quote:
Hello sir,

I am interest in you coffee table. Is this item still for sales? If so I will add $3.4 million to the price if you take it off craigslist so I can be assure of acquire.

Please tell to me if I can serve tea on this table or will it collapse under the pressures? I enjoy beverages and like to use this for many thing (also hot dog)(with chili).

My shipping agent will arive your home with peni$ sticking out of zipper. That way you will know this is correct shipping agent and not imposter. If any shipping agent arrive WITHOUT exposed penile tissue DO NOT GIVE HIM TABLE. I love you to provide me with coaster for beverage. Also 2 napkin.

Please you will send me a bank wire for $2.8 million and I will send you the money back. Then we will know we are both honest persons and can do business.

I look forward to drinking my tea (and eating chili hot dog) on your table after my exposed peni$ shipping agent deliver it to my shack in Nigeria... eh... I mean my mansion in Beverly Hill.

I love you to remove the listing and send wire.

I love you.

John Smith

P.S. I love you so much.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #76
GKitty
JAFO

First Name: Crystal
Trading: (8)
HdM
GKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really niceGKitty is just really nice

You're a Craigslist menace, David!!!

Keep the posts coming. These are hiiiiiiiiiilarious!!

PS - You may want to give your friend Dr. Phil's #.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:13 PM   #77
SchizoFilly

Hey, 90% off on that coffee table would be a killer deal, obviously you're not a motivated seller.

Quote:
If any shipping agent arrive WITHOUT exposed penile tissue DO NOT GIVE HIM TABLE.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #78
mrreindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKitty View Post
PS - You may want to give your friend Dr. Phil's #.
sigh....he changed his number after I found him....

Old 08-27-2009, 12:18 PM   #79
mrreindeer

Quote:
Hey, 90% off on that coffee table would be a killer deal, obviously you're not a motivated seller.
I'm MORE motivated to sell the Exquisite French baby.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #80
mrreindeer

I got two of these today...I wonder what item Alane, Alana or Alan is interested in....???

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 9:13 AM
To:
Subject: Still Available For Sale ?

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Hello seller,i saw your item on craiglist and will like to purchase it.Please do tell me the final asking price and if the item still available.

Alane.