Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
kzm007

Default Toque Snuff Review - Natural

[Dunno if EmJay did his review because of me or not - doubt it -, but here are my thoughts re-posted from my closed thread.]

Received the toque today (March 30th, took about a month) - two small yellow packets in an international air mail envelope marked SNUFF SAMPLES. Honestly thought it was going to be a bigger package lol.

Anyway, they sent me some original I guess - smells a bit like tobacco and soap, but it's not bad.

I took a little pinch and crumbled it against my hand - they tell you to use your flap of skin between the thumb and forefinger; that's commonly called a snuffbox. First shot up the right nostril was a little big I guess. You don't snort it, you sniff it gently into the front of the nose.

Smells like tobacco, oh yes. Had one lone tear from my right eye as a result didn't sting too badly, and I didn't sneeze. The left nostril was a bit smaller.

I'm retaining the faintest aroma of tobacco; I think my pinches were a little small. It seems OK though, the only thing is that my nose is dripping a little on the right side - just the membrane getting irritated I guess, nothing hurts.

For the first few minutes, I could taste it in the back of my throat, the flavor of it. I think if I took a slightly bigger, more controlled dosage, it would evenly coat everything and help the flavor stay level.

[His review is here:http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13162 where he mentions the stuff smelling/tasting like plastic. I get that too, and I agree with him - it's probably been bagged for a good long while. I think if I had it fresher out of a tin, it might be stronger, and a bit better to take.]
Old 10-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Toquesnuff

Default Re: Toque Snuff Review - Natural

Hi Kzm007,

Had to join after reading your post and a couple of others. Please don't judge us or any other snuff company by the horrid little plastic samples we used to send out. These are fine for the UK, but as soon as you send them abroad the plastic starts to take over. This was a painful lesson and we have learnt from it. Snuff and plastic don't mix!

Roderick