Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default Have You Ever Made A Decision..

that you regret? This summer I turned down a job in Gettysburg working for a non profit organization because I didn't think I was ready to leave home. Well I am kicking my self in the ass for not taking it. The constant sorry we don't have anything available and watching the news on a daily basis and seeing the economy problem is really starting to get to me, I feel like I will never find a job in my field. Sorry for the pointless thread but I needed to vent.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Re: Have You Ever Made A Decision..

Sorry!!!

You never know it could turn out to be a good decision maybe that non-profit is about to go belly up???
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Ace$nyper

I can't say I really regret anything, I just learned it the hard way.

There is a bunch of things I would rather redo, but if I did well I wouldn't understand why.

Best of luck though.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
kgraybill
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Ken
Trading: (0)
Army (Served With Honor)
kgraybill is on a distinguished road

Yep, I'm 1/3rd into my first Gurka.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
Clampdown
I Cut Like a Buffalo

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
Clampdown will become famous soon enough

Hindsight is 20/20.

So far I regret not hitting checkout on this order, I need someone to hit enter for me...Any takers?
Clampdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #6
Ron1YY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak View Post
that you regret? This summer I turned down a job in Gettysburg working for a non profit organization because I didn't think I was ready to leave home. Well I am kicking my self in the ass for not taking it. The constant sorry we don't have anything available and watching the news on a daily basis and seeing the economy problem is really starting to get to me, I feel like I will never find a job in my field. Sorry for the pointless thread but I needed to vent.
Why regret that????? Looking over your shoulder, and all the what if's.....Not worth your time Bro. You make decisions based on the now and foreseeable future.

Live by this rule,

You can't take back or change yesterday, You can only make tomorrow better

Ron
Old 10-27-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
Ron1YY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampdown View Post
Hindsight is 20/20.

So far I regret not hitting checkout on this order, I need someone to hit enter for me...Any takers?
I got ya covered Brother!!!! Now let's go to another website and do it AGAIN!!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #8
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgraybill View Post
Yep, I'm 1/3rd into my first Gurka.
Ha!

Don't have many regrets... most of my decisions I would not change.

Given the circumstances and what you knew at the time, you would probably have made the same decision if you had to do it again. Don't allow yourself to live in "what if?" You can't change the past... all you can affect is what you do from here.

Hang tough, bro!
SmokeyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:43 PM   #9
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Do ex wives count?
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #10
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1YY View Post
Why regret that????? Looking over your shoulder, and all the what if's.....Not worth your time Bro. You make decisions based on the now and foreseeable future.

Live by this rule,

You can't take back or change yesterday, You can only make tomorrow better

Ron
Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

I can think of so many decisions I've made in my life that I second guess now. I've been such a "good boy" my whole life, sometimes I wish had chosen to do the bad things. What keeps me from regretting them is that I had to make all these decisions to wind up where I am now. (Fat and happy with a great wife and a spare bedroom full of cigars.)

It's my sincerest hope that you will look back upon this in future and see it as a positive. The past is the past, don't look back and focus on a great future. Best of luck.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 AM   #12
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 AM   #13
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Regrets, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
Don clearly knows that whenever doubts creep in, call on Old Blue Eyes to find clarity.

I tend to not believe people that say they have no regrets in life. They cover it up with pretty phrases that all essentially mean the same thing.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #14
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
Don clearly knows that whenever doubts creep in, call on Old Blue Eyes to find clarity.
you got to know your classics Fergie.
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #15
theycallmedan'lboone

There was this redhead one time in Italy.... her name was Mary. She was so incredibly beautiful, hot, gorgeous, athletic, and a redhead. I was absolutely madly passionately in love with her, but never could explain it to her. I was a young kid and didn't want to screw it up. We met while playing for the base soccer teams. We went down to a soccer tournament in camp Darby, 9 days. for 9 days we hung out, and we got closer and closer. One of the last evenings at the tournament we sat out on a bench and talked for 3 and a half hours, eventually it got a little cold, I held her close to keep her warm. She said to me "you're such a good friend, I hope I get to keep you." Time passed we remained friends, hung out all the time, One night I stayed at her house in her bed, with her, but was too afraid to make a move other than the friend hug. Too scared that she might destroy me with the "just friends" I didn't sleep a wink. We ran into each other on the streets of Rome with our respective families, laughed at the randomness of the moment. We met again that night (planned) for a pub crawl, and danced and drank the night away. The Kenny Chesney song "anything but mine" had just come out, odd her name was mary too, I sang her that on as we stumbled to her hotel, were I left her at the door, and for the first time she kissed me, drunkenly on the cheek. A few months later I had PCS'd and we lost touch, never having crossed the boundry of friends. Time passed, YEARS passed, I'm older and wiser as is she. Thanks to the miracle called "facebook" we actually started talking again, and being older and thousands of miles away from each other I figured hell I'll tell her how I felt and see what she says... She always wondered why I never made the move, and how much she wanted me to make the move, but she was such a young kid, and didn't want to get her feelings hurt if I just wanted to be friends... !!! Looking back, I don't think much would have ever come of it, as young love tends to always flame the fastest, and the hottest, but dies down the coolest. She has changed now, as have I, and honestly we probably wouldn't even date each other if we met now. I couldn't be happier than I am now with my Fiance, and beautiful friend Amy. I love her more than anything else in this world. But looking back, knowing the good times that could have been had, I wish I had, but then knowing where I wound up, with the love of my life, who cares? I'd have done a lot of things different... but then I wouldn't want to change a thing. chew on that last line
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #16
renton20
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (13)
Bolivar
renton20 is on a distinguished road

Almost no regrets. As they say, "if you stand with one foot in the past and one in the future you're sh**ing all over the present"
renton20 is offline   Reply With Quote