Old 01-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #921
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '09 - '10 Thread

Sharks take down the Sabres in a close and hard fought game to take sole control of 1st as the Hawks drop a very hard fought game to the Canucks.

What post would be complete without a few fight vids
Ladd beats kessler with a one punch jab apparently cutting him open. Kesler decides its time to go WWE and risk serious injury with a body slam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qBNukFUSPQ

What the hell was Jared Boll thinking?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpHPz49m98Y

Two quality fights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ0j6yxfx90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx1lsF_kWOM

Thats right Tom Bersmoochi has scored again. He is red hot can you feel it. Three goals in his last 5 games giving him 15 on the season
Old 01-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #922
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

It isnt NHL news but Micah scored his first goal in game today. It was not pretty, but he crashed the net like Dad said and when the puck squirted out he was there. 4 years 3 months old and the youngest kid in the league by about a year.

Dad almost cried. Also he didnt act like a clown falling all over the place celebrating like so many of the kids do.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #923
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
What post would be complete without a few fight vids
Ladd beats kessler with a one punch jab apparently cutting him open. Kesler decides its time to go WWE and risk serious injury with a body slam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qBNukFUSPQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Herald
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - There are so many of the Vancouver Canucks for Blackhawks fans to dislike - Willie Mitchell, Kevin Bieksa, Rick Rypien, the hair pulling Alex Burrows, even goalie Roberto Luongo.

But Ryan Kesler might now be at the top of their list.

Kesler called out Blackhawks winger Andrew Ladd after Saturday's 5-1 win by the Canucks at GM Place during which Ladd got the best of Kesler in a first period fight.

Kesler was looking for revenge for what he said was a hit from behind from Ladd in last spring's playoffs and wound up taking a punch to the face that opened a cut under his eye. Instead of trading punches with Ladd, Kesler's only response was to wrestle Ladd to the ice.

"He's a coward, he'll always be a coward," Kesler told reporters after the game. "At least he was man enough to hit me when I was looking this time."
Kesler is a joke...almost as big a joke as the hair-pulling Alex Burrows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody
Thats right Tom Bersmoochi has scored again. He is red hot can you feel it. Three goals in his last 5 games giving him 15 on the season
I fear Berschmuckzky just might get to 25, Mike.

Quote:
It isnt NHL news but Micah scored his first goal in game today. It was not pretty, but he crashed the net like Dad said and when the puck squirted out he was there. 4 years 3 months old and the youngest kid in the league by about a year.

Dad almost cried. Also he didnt act like a clown falling all over the place celebrating like so many of the kids do.
Congrats to Micah! First goal, and acted like he's been there before!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:11 AM   #924
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Congrats He will definitely appreciate you were there to see it.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #925
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

EXCELLENT...and congratulations to both you and Micah.....

I have yet to experience a feeling as rewarding as the one I get watching my children excel at something they choose to do....
Old 01-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #926
Partagaspete
I Do Medical Things

Trading: (8)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Partagaspete is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Great story.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:42 AM   #927
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Right now the B's are out of a playoff spot. with the loss Sunday 5-1 to the Canes Put them in 9th. the only hope is they are only one point out of 6th place with 54 6-8 place all have 55.

bench Thomas and let Tuukka Get his time between the pipes.
Looks like if they keep Playing Like this they will be using all of the picks they have in the upcoming draft. What's the point of giving up the picks for a rental player that you won't even sign for the long hall and if they do they are salary cap strung up. Just my and that's all it's worth.

Go Saints
Old 01-25-2010, 05:57 PM   #928
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

What I can't believe about the NHL is that there are only 4 teams with losing records.. That's incredible.

Slowly buying up gear to play hockey again. I played for a season when I was younger but my parents took me out of it because of all the other activities I was involved in. Met up with a few friends last week that play in leagues but meet up on Friday's to play pickup. I think I'm going to get back out there soon
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM   #929
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Great to hear you will hit the ice again Christos!

The reason only 4 teams have "losing" records is the shootout era. Instead of the old days when teams played 65 minutes and each got a point if they were tied, now the shootout guarantees a 3 point total, 2 for the winner and 1 for the "loser". I, for one, am not a fan and wish they would go back to the old way...but it sells tickets to the casual fan, so Bettman ain't gonna ditch it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #930
SilverFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Great to hear you will hit the ice again Christos!

The reason only 4 teams have "losing" records is the shootout era. Instead of the old days when teams played 65 minutes and each got a point if they were tied, now the shootout guarantees a 3 point total, 2 for the winner and 1 for the "loser". I, for one, am not a fan and wish they would go back to the old way...but it sells tickets to the casual fan, so Bettman ain't gonna ditch it.
I don't think they need to go back to the old way. Just change the point structure so that playing for the loser point isn't as appealing.

By the way Tom............I think I might need a Chicago Jersey for the playoffs

Old 01-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #931
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
I don't think they need to go back to the old way. Just change the point structure so that playing for the loser point isn't as appealing.

By the way Tom............I think I might need a Chicago Jersey for the playoffs
What do you suggest for the fix, Shawn?

I have a good connect for the knock off jerseys....pretty inexpensive and I can't find the difference with the naked eye.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #932
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
I'm with you on not liking the new point system, but you are exactly right as to why they will keep the shootout. I say we ditch Bettman
Old 01-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #933
SilverFox

Quote:
What do you suggest for the fix, Shawn?
You know I have thought about it a few times and short of 3 for the pure win in regular and only 2 for the OT or shoot out win and 1 loser point I am not sure.

Also there is the concern that it would put too much distance for teams that win in regular. But isn't that the point...........seems if the game is tied at the 10 minute mark lots of teams go to a 4-1 and just hold on for the OT.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #934
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I'm with you on not liking the new point system, but you are exactly right as to why they will keep the shootout. I say we ditch Bettman
If only....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
You know I have thought about it a few times and short of 3 for the pure win in regular and only 2 for the OT or shoot out win and 1 loser point I am not sure.

Also there is the concern that it would put too much distance for teams that win in regular. But isn't that the point...........seems if the game is tied at the 10 minute mark lots of teams go to a 4-1 and just hold on for the OT.
I hate teams going into conservative mode to get to OT and preserve the point. One of the reasons I don't care for the 3 point system.

I have heard many analysts on NHL on XM discuss the 3-2-1 system for points. I must say, I like that idea better than the current system. And regarding the concern about sitance for teams that win in regulation...well, that's the point...maybe they should be rewarded for doing that.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 AM   #935
GreekGodX
Opa!!

Montecristo

Quote:
I hate teams going into conservative mode to get to OT and preserve the point. One of the reasons I don't care for the 3 point system.

I have heard many analysts on NHL on XM discuss the 3-2-1 system for points. I must say, I like that idea better than the current system. And regarding the concern about sitance for teams that win in regulation...well, that's the point...maybe they should be rewarded for doing that.
I like the 3-2-1 points.. A little adjustment though, why not in the SO only reward the winning team? So do 3pts to regulation win, 2 pts OT/SO win and only 1 point if they lose in OT not the SO..
Old 01-26-2010, 03:37 AM   #936
kugie
Have My Own Room

Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
I like the 3-2-1 points.. A little adjustment though, why not in the SO only reward the winning team? So do 3pts to regulation win, 2 pts OT/SO win and only 1 point if they lose in OT not the SO..
Go to a %, Like the scoring in Basketball Do not reward the looser.
But still keep the same format with OT and Shootout no more points for making the OT. Win or Go home just my
Old 01-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #937
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Guess that must have been a fun final 1.5 minutes for Yotes fans....

I refreshed the score and the Wings went from 2 up to an OT loss....
Old 01-27-2010, 12:13 AM   #938
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Hawks beat the hapless Oilers. 4-2 on their 8 game road trip, next one will be a LOT tougher....the Sharks on Thursday.

Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 AM   #939
mtaill
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
mtaill is on a distinguished road

Great win for the Sens against NJ last night.
7 wins in a row!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #940
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hawks beat the hapless Oilers. 4-2 on their 8 game road trip, next one will be a LOT tougher....the Sharks on Thursday.
Worry not Icee... you get the Hurricanes on Saturday. Should be a great opportunity to build stats and give your back-up goalie some work.

BarneyBandMan and I are planning to be there Saturday to root for our 'Canes... and just watch the level of play we expect from Chicago. They are playing some really nice hockey right now.